Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is a pretty damned good time to be a John Stewart fan. Everything from the writing to the art is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’ll be going to space sometime next year, we know PKJ and Adams have been talking about their 2024 plans.
    I am more used to seeing John being in space for some reason. But it makes sense on why PKJ wants to have John back on Earth. This gets us a chance to see who he really is as a person and not just a Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d like a new costume design for John. Costume variants are cool! Batman gets to have a bunch of new suits but the rest of the League is stuck with what they’ve been wearing for decades, and I don’t get why creators seem so afraid to change things up now and then.
    It's simply because of nostalgia. I mean, Batman does wear new suits, but they never stick for long. He usually wear new suits based on what kind of mission he's on. That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is a pretty damned good time to be a John Stewart fan. Everything from the writing to the art is spot-on.
    Agreed. I always had high expectations for Green Lantern art and the art here does match my expectations.

I've also seen people who didn't care for John Stewart actually like the character more now, thanks to PKJ. PKJ is doing an excellent job with John Stewart. It's also nice to see DC editorial allowing him some creative freedom

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I am more used to seeing John being in space for some reason. But it makes sense on why PKJ wants to have John back on Earth. This gets us a chance to see who he really is as a person and not just a Green Lantern.

It's simply because of nostalgia. I mean, Batman does wear new suits, but they never stick for long. He usually wear new suits based on what kind of mission he's on. That's how I see it.
    Yeah that’s why I loved Superman’s Authority suit. Felt very covert ops to me and was unique to that mission. And looked damn awesome.

As for John, I’m a bit behind and just read issue #1. Really liked it. I’m a pretty big PKJ fan (he really nails every genre he writes) so I’m glad he’s on this book. He feels like the perfect GL writer for his talents. I’m glad he’s writing a John book specifically, too. Feels like the perfect GL for him to write. Hope he’s on it for a while so we get to see all of his ideas play out for the character.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

And the variant covers:

So he is getting a new look .

Didn't expect to see this version of Kyle show up.

The car cover looks more like something that would fit Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah that’s why I loved Superman’s Authority suit. Felt very covert ops to me and was unique to that mission. And looked damn awesome.

As for John, I’m a bit behind and just read issue #1. Really liked it. I’m a pretty big PKJ fan (he really nails every genre he writes) so I’m glad he’s on this book. He feels like the perfect GL writer for his talents. I’m glad he’s writing a John book specifically, too. Feels like the perfect GL for him to write. Hope he’s on it for a while so we get to see all of his ideas play out for the character.
    Right, exactly.

Yeah the first issue is really good. You can see the cosmic horror elements that PKJ is doing here, along with some emotional storytelling. He's definitely taking John to a different direction. I never expected John to be back on Earth. It's been a cool minute since he's been back there. He seemed to have done some research on the character, so he knows how to handle the character. I'm considering on picking up his work on Action Comics, since he's such a good talented writer.

Looks like someone is a fan of the JL/JLU cartoons!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Although we don't get a full detailed full look based on that view on the cover, but it does look good from that view. I just hope that it doesn't have that long green stripe that goes down to the waist like his original design (I never cared for it).

As for Simon, the car chasing scene with him I hated the most in that story.

As for Simon, the car chasing scene with him I hated the most in that story.
    But it was a very Simon thing .

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Can't see much of his new look but I'm liking what I see so far! Also the Samnee variant using his The Green Lantern Corps suit is pretty cool, that one is underrated imo.

I obviously am very pleased with this news

Also happy to see Steel is going to continue to show up and get used, both because I like him and because it’s good to see John interact with other heroes besides the GLC and the League.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I dig what I see of the new look!

Right, exactly.

Yeah the first issue is really good. You can see the cosmic horror elements that PKJ is doing here, along with some emotional storytelling. He's definitely taking John to a different direction. I never expected John to be back on Earth. It's been a cool minute since he's been back there. He seemed to have done some research on the character, so he knows how to handle the character. I'm considering on picking up his work on Action Comics, since he's such a good talented writer.
    Good timing, the big Warworld trade comes out next month. Pre-ordered mine a while ago.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar
    Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 10-28-2023 at 05:31 PM.