Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Sinestro is guaranteed but if PKJ’s John stories are well received I hope Gunn adapts that stuff for John. Making everything GL revolve around Sinestro leaves you with Star Wars where there’s supposedly a big universe but all anyone really cares about is Jedi vs. Sith.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Sinestro is pretty much a given, particularly when you've got Hal & John as leads. Sinestro is Hal's ex-teacher and frenemy and Sinestro's protege who betrayed and replaced him is John's wife. That's some meaty drama to dig into there, particularly when they've got the time a TV show offers.
    I've been waiting for the comic's side to dig into that dynamic between the four of them since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    HBO Max. There's a difference. If House of the Dragon was on HBO Max, those dragons wouldn't look the same. The terrestrial setting is clearly for monetary reasons, at least to a degree.
    Is there still a difference? I thought they were essentially the same at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is there still a difference? I thought they were essentially the same at this point.
    I guess the only difference is that HBO Max is a streaming service while HBO is just a channel on cable.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The difference is the shows that are exclusive to the streaming service(HBO Max) don't usually tend to have the same budget as the ones on the actual channel(HBO). The DC shows are all on HBO Max and we all know about WBD's cost cutting practices. That was the reason the original premise for the GL show that was supposed to be an anthology series was scrapped, it was getting far too expensive for an HBO Max series. Hence here we get a "terrestrial" take on GL and not a "space opera" take as originally intended.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-03-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sinestro is guaranteed but if PKJ’s John stories are well received I hope Gunn adapts that stuff for John. Making everything GL revolve around Sinestro leaves you with Star Wars where there’s supposedly a big universe but all anyone really cares about is Jedi vs. Sith.
    To be honest the Sinestro Corps. and the Emotional Spectrum stuff seem like they would cost too much and go well beyond the scope of what they seem to be going for with the GL show.

A Manhunter is more likely to show up by comparison and even that might be limited.

Can always do solo Sinestro causing problems

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Can always do solo Sinestro causing problems
    Come to think of it, I wonder what a Sinestro live action film or show would be?

I can see a Sinestro project being about how he came to rule Korguar like a dictator and how he did it without the Guardians knowing. It ends with him being exposed and Katma helping to overthrow him and taking his place in the GLC.

The sequel can be about him becoming a Yellow Lantern and attacking other Green Lanterns. Then forming the Sinestro Corps.

The third one can be about him achieving quasi redemption.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Come to think of it, I wonder what a Sinestro live action film or show would be?
    "First Joker, then Luthor, now...Sinestro coming to to you from DC Studios "

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest the Sinestro Corps. and the Emotional Spectrum stuff seem like they would cost too much and go well beyond the scope of what they seem to be going for with the GL show.

A Manhunter is more likely to show up by comparison and even that might be limited.
    I agree. I’d prefer a smaller scale mystery to start anyway. True Detectives meets X-Files is my hope for the series. Hopefully we won’t have to wait long before getting casting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

We'll probably never see John Stewart being this outspoken again:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We'll probably never see John Stewart being this outspoken again.
    Why not? The new medium offers opportunities for a shift in character that comics might not. And this is the BLM era - having modern John be a reflection of that would harken back to his original appearance. Not to mention pairing him with Hal would mean two former military guys as the leads so it wouldn't surprise me if the showrunners want to differentiate them a bit more. (esp if they're inspired by "TD")

I just hope they acknowledge his architect profession.

Edwin Galmon