Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I must say, I'm super hyped, especially after reading his interview. Everything he said in the interview about John Stewart sounds promising. He's definitely invested into the character, no doubt about that. He's also teasing about a possible crossover with Action Comics and John's solo book.

After looking over at the previews with John and this interview, maybe I should pick up Green Lantern to read this backup, instead of waiting for the main title to come out.
    I pre-ordered the first two issues. Gotta support our boy and I'm desperate for some John content.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I pre-ordered the first two issues. Gotta support our boy and I'm desperate for some John content.
    Did the same thing and I damn sure agree with needing some John content.

Right so the John backup is very much a sequel to the Dark Crisis one shot.

-Opening up on John reconnecting with his mom and offering to build a house was a great way to highlight his architect background and his human relationships aside from the other Lanterns
    -Radiant Queen looks cool even if I’m not crazy about another Multiversal threat
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

John looks great here and it's an interesting contrast to Hal's homecoming. John has roots and a place where he's accepted and welcomed as opposed to Hal. (it's not quite "a van by the river" but it's not far off) Although they immediately jump back into their old vocations which is nice to see from both.

It was nice to see John's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Did the same thing and I damn sure agree with needing some John content.
    But are we ACTUALLY supporting John Stewart here? I think this backup with John being in there is only to help boost up this Green Lantern's sales to get John supporters to buy the book. One positive thing I would say is that John isn't guest starring/featured in the main book. I don't want him to be second to no one, so that was a good move there.

But are we ACTUALLY supporting John Stewart here? I think this backup with John being in there is only to help boost up this Green Lantern's sales to get John supporters to buy the book. One positive thing I would say is that John isn't guest starring/featured in the main book. I don't want him to be second to no one, so that was a good move there.
    Well, it works both ways. I bought the book for Hal. Buying John's book isn't automatic for me, but this backup has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, it works both ways. I bought the book for Hal. Buying John's book isn't automatic for me, but this backup has me intrigued.
    Yeah, I hear a lot of good things about what PKJ is doing for John here. So I'm trying my hardest to resist the urge from buying it lol.

But if John was the main character in the book, while Hal was the backup, would you have bought it still?

Yeah, I hear a lot of good things about what PKJ is doing for John here. So I'm trying my hardest to resist the urge from buying it lol.

But if John was the main character in the book, while Hal was the backup, would you have bought it still?
    Absolutely. (I bought "Inferior Five" for the Peacemaker backup and I like Hal a lot more than Peacemaker) I wouldn't have a problem if John gets support out of it - I don't see it as a competition,(though I get how it's become that) and I'm not going to worry about how it might or might not affect the market - I'm a fan and want to read stuff with Hal. I also like John and the GLC so I'm always somewhat interested anyway, depending on the story and creatives. I bought the first issue of "GLs" because Hal was in it and didn't see it as "Jess and Simon are just trying to get Hal fans to buy their book" etc.. I buy almost any comic if Hal just shows up and does more than stand in the background. But you have your own concerns and it's your money, so do what makes you happy.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-09-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Absolutely. (I bought "Inferior Five" for the Peacemaker backup and I like Hal a lot more than Peacemaker) I wouldn't have a problem if John gets support out of it - I don't see it as a competition,(though I get how it's become that) and I'm not going to worry about how it might or might not affect the market - I'm a fan and want to read stuff with Hal. I also like John and the GLC so I'm always somewhat interested anyway, depending on the story and creatives. I bought the first issue of "GLs" because Hal was in it and didn't see it as "Jess and Simon are just trying to get Hal fans to buy their book" etc.. I buy almost any comic if Hal just shows up and does more than stand in the background. But you have your own concerns and it's your money, so do what makes you happy.
    Ok, fair enough. That's all I wanted to hear. I'll go ahead and pick this up then.

Both writers had an interview. I thought this was a good interview from both writers:

It's good to see John smiling and being happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was nice to see John's mom.
    I honestly forgot John has any living relatives, we see them so rarely.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

NO because when John's comes out and lets say have lower numbers-some at DC will take that as no one wants to read about John because Hal's is higher.

That is not on Hal's creative team that is on DC COMICS. Trying to be slick.

We are getting a John book that has no backups. So there is no extra motivation to buy it because it's not leading into say a Jessica or Simon or Kyle mini of their own.

John stuff should be in John's book. Hal's book should have stuff about HIM. Use that backup slot to expand his rarely seen family. Use that to build up material to counter any Hal is boring mess. Same if it was John with backups.

Use that slot to benefit the lead of the book.

I really did enjoy this first chapter of the new John story. I actually liked it way more than the Hal stuff. I can't wait for John's actual book to begin.