Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    We've seen the rest of it:

I'd prefer the boots to be regular boot length than thigh-high, but it's okay. Not an improvement on his classic though, imo.
    Ah ok. I don’t think I had seen that (or if I did I forgot ). I like the belt line but I think I agree with you on the boots tho.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Brad: And he gets to go inward, which is another exciting element to your series where he goes on a Soul Trek of sorts. Can you talk a little bit about bringing the action to his internal life?

Phillip Kennedy Johnson: So the title of the book is War Journal, and I'll give you a little behind the scenes. That was not the title that I chose. That title was just added at some point. I was like, "Well, I feel now it's a promise that I have to keep in some way." So some of that is showing the wars that he has been in before this, but also leading up to these big war-like moments that are coming.
    https://www.comicbookcouplescounseli...rn-war-journal

Good interview, I’m excited for the “war” he teases is coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Man John is really going through it. He might lose the last person who truly loves him. Hopefully good news is on arrival for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.comicbookcouplescounseli...rn-war-journal

Good interview, I’m excited for the “war” he teases is coming.
    Wonder if it's with the UP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Man John is really going through it. He might lose the last person who truly loves him. Hopefully good news is on arrival for him.
    Especially with his sister dead too.

Big spoilers in the new War Journal solicit.

spoilers:
    GREEN LANTERN: WAR JOURNAL #7
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art and cover by MONTOS
    Variant cover by RAHZZAH
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/19/24
    After the climactic battle between John Stewart, Varron, and the Revenant Queen, a shocking twist has sent John to the far reaches of space and time, on a quest to find the mythical and terrifying Dark Star of the Fenn! Meanwhile, on Earth, John’s rash decision to use his new ring to recreate his little sister hints at dark consequences to come.
    end of spoilers

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. GODZILLA VS. KONG #6
    Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO
    Art by CHRISTIAN DUCE and TOM DERENICK
    Cover by DREW JOHNSON
    Variant cover by INHYUK LEE
    Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    1:25 variant cover by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON
    1:50 variant cover by NIKOLAS DRAPER-IVEY
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | 6 of 7 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/19/24
    The bestselling clash between the DCU and the Monsterverse continues as a mysterious beacon is activated and is drawing Godzilla and his titan brethren toward it…but who—or what—controls the beacon? What secret has Lex Luthor kept under wraps that could change the dynamic of the entire battle?!
    Last edited by Holt; 12-15-2023 at 12:46 PM.

Loving it .

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Big spoilers in the new War Journal solicit.

Second cover goes incredibly hard.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'd prefer the boots to be regular boot length than thigh-high, but it's okay. Not an improvement on his classic though, imo.
    Oooooooooh! Neat-O! I love how the green added to the mid section serves to balance and unify the look repeating the newly added line design.

spoilers:
    So either the UP are sending more lambs to the slaughter of the Revenant Queen or John will have more he has to deal with.

Cool seeing Shepherd's John and then to see that compared with our John.

Cool seeing the Irons family involved and John thinking like a builder instead of a soldier.

I love how in the continued series of John screwing over Varron, he straight up jacks his ring.

John's new GL uniform is...fine. I mean, there's no beating his old GL look and this is just a variant with a few different bells and whistles, so it probably won't last long. But I guess as far as an attempt to do something new, it's not bad.
    end of spoilers

Badass issue.

Thaaros is such a piece of crap, I can’t wait for someone to take him down. Otherwise this was a great showcase of the very quality that makes John a GL in the first place: his will. Man keeps the Radiant Dead transformation at bay through sheer willpower and then he bends a corrupted GL ring to his will to make it his.

Eager to get the backstory on how the Revenant Queen connects to the Darkstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Cool stuff. Wonder if it's based on something or original? Those lines on the uniforms feel familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    You have a good heart. You came from great stock.
    Thanks Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I am very sorry for your loss. My mother passed away 2 years ago and the issue still hit me hard. I would love to say that in time it will get better but all of us that have experienced this kind of loss knows the truth is that it will never get better. My prayers to you and your family during this time.
    Thanks I appreciate it. I'm also very sorry to hear about your loss as well. Yeah it's been hitting all of us pretty hard. But all we can do is live on and try to live a happy life. That's what she would want from all of us.

This issue has been great. I'm happy that John is working with Steel. It also makes me wonder whether the Varron character will still be around as part of John's rogue gallery or something.

I'm also anxious to learn more about the revenant Queen and her relationship with John.

Yeah that's been my critique as well, regarding the boot length. Other than that the suit looks good imo. It still has the classic design, but added some minimal changes on it. I'm happy that they didn't do a complete overhaul of it.