Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Gunn and Safran are literally talking about how Lanterns is very important to the DCU story and they're really excited for the project, and yet some are acting like they still don't care about the GLs just because we'll start with them in a series format.
    Until there is a finished product-it's just talk.

I could careless about what Gunn says. It's what the final product shows.

We have heard the classic "I like or love (blank)" from folks in charge.

Only to see the last 8 years of Black Panther in comics.

Cyborg get stuck in the background or in man versus machine stories.

John be the best black friend.

Fans of certain characters wondering how does Antman boast 3 movies and the Authority can sniff a movie yet no one can seem to get a Superman movie right without Christopher Reeve in it. And the best Wonder Woman can do is fight a battle against wishes in a movie.

The era of hope and trust is OVER. It's time to put something out and stop with the talking.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The era of hope and trust is OVER. It's time to put something out and stop with the talking.
    I suppose you'd be happy if not a word was spoken about any of these projects as well? Of course they're going to discuss the newly announced projects and what we can expect from them. Time will tell if they can back up their talk but I see no reason to doubt them.

Besides, I was making a point towards people being unhappy with Hal and John debuting on a show when there is nothing wrong with that at all. The line between film and prestige tv is very muddied these days and the series format offers clear advantages over the movie format; do you think HBO's The Last of Us would work nearly as well if it was a movie? Hal and John will get far more screen time than many other characters, likely have more depth and characterisation, be at the forefront of the DCU's overarching story (at least for this first chapter) AND we'll see them in movies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    From hollywoodreporter
    So it seems like both of them are going to be featured in films as well. This is good to hear. That would mean it's possible that they can be possible Justice Leaguers!
    Hopefully Trevente Rhodes play John Stewart. He's my top choice for the character.
    Just because they said that is no guarantee in my mind that both will make it into the movies. I take it as a general philosophy about their casting, but they're not going to spoil that one (or both) of them won't make it past the tv show.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-07-2023 at 05:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't think that's the case here. If John was going to end up being War Machine, he certainly wouldn't even be named in James Gunn's reveal.
    War wachine is finally getting his own live action project.
    It was first a show,now it will be a movie.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-01-2023 at 10:09 PM.

I'm more concerned about budget and power scaling than anything else.

People were concerned that the CW couldn't pull off GL's convincingly or consistently, but will this show be able to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

People were concerned that the CW couldn't pull off GL's convincingly or consistently, but will this show be able to do that?
    That's what's been on my mind as well. I could see them being portrayed as "masters of energy" more than anything, which could work as a way of showing why the rings are the most powerful weapons in the verse. I could see something like a slightly scaled up portrayal of animated GL, conservative use of constructs and more energy based attacks.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It's on HBO, right?

Those mofos have dragons. If they want believable GLs, they can do it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's on HBO, right?

Those mofos have dragons. If they want believable GLs, they can do it.
    HBO Max. There's a difference. If House of the Dragon was on HBO Max, those dragons wouldn't look the same. The terrestrial setting is clearly for monetary reasons, at least to a degree.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    HBO Max. There's a difference. If House of the Dragon was on HBO Max, those dragons wouldn't look the same. The terrestrial setting is clearly for monetary reasons, at least to a degree.
    Oh, I agree about the Earth setting, but the proper HBO/HBOmax thing, I don't think it's a big deal. They're gonna put enough money and talent behind it, or they won't. And while being set on Earth surely has money concerns behind it, it also gives them more time and flexibility to develop and fine tune the space stuff for when the leap to the big screen happens.

I'm as disapointed as anyone else, I prefer space opera GL. But I get the move.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

I'm hoping for decent writing and emphasis on characterization.

The show should've been in space, but I can understand that they have budgets. I want to see lanterns like Kilowog, Salaak, Katma, etc.

I don't care for the name Lanterns, either. Something like Emerald Warriors would've sounded better imo.

Lanterns seems to imply that we will be seeing colours besides green. I think they have said as much.

I agree that I would have rather seen a GL movie set in space and spotlighting the Corps but at this I will take whatever I can get.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

At the very least I’m sure they’ll deal with the yellow rings in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    At the very least I’m sure they’ll deal with the yellow rings in some capacity.
    I will be shocked if Sinestro doesn't show up at some point.

Heck, the Sinestro Corps. arc in GL:TAS was planned to have Hal and John team-up to fight him.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I will be shocked if Sinestro doesn't show up at some point.

Heck, the Sinestro Corps. arc in GL:TAS was planned to have Hal and John team-up to fight him.
    Sinestro is pretty much a given, particularly when you've got Hal & John as leads. Sinestro is Hal's ex-teacher and frenemy and Sinestro's protege who betrayed and replaced him is John's wife. That's some meaty drama to dig into there, particularly when they've got the time a TV show offers.