Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They could very well have called it that but I think the title they went with could also also fit audience conceptions of John, though whether it'll reflect the actual content of the book will remain to be seen.

I mean, it worked for the Punisher for several issues .
    Yeah the audience perceives John as the military soldier, but even if they intentionally had the title based off of his background, they should come up with a better name. We'll see. But then again, PKJ did say that this isn't an ongoing I think, so that could be why they're not so big on giving it a more appealing title name. Not really a good excuse, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    It would be dumb but what if John's series was a bunch of minis titled Green Lantern: Story Arc.
    Meh lol.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Montos gave another sneak peek. God, I'm so excited! Is John is on Earth? When was the last time we saw him do regular civilian activities? Looks like he doing architect stuff!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Montos gave another sneak peek. God, I'm so excited! Is John is on Earth? When was the last time we saw him do regular civilian activities? Looks like he doing architect stuff!

Wow John happy, such a rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    He's ... too happy - I'm immediately suspicious. I feel like it's either a flashback or he's in his mind-palace, his happy place or something and that it's not real. (maybe it's the washed-out background or I'm just naturally trepidatious any time I see a character looking happy)

I hope this means some downtime stuff .

I can’t remember the last time I saw John out of uniform. I guess his Dark Crisis tie in? But then there’s an huge gap. Interesting image considering John is probably going to be barred from Earth for a while because of the events in Hal’s book where the Guardians place the Earth under quarantine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can’t remember the last time I saw John out of uniform. I guess his Dark Crisis tie in? But then there’s an huge gap. Interesting image considering John is probably going to be barred from Earth for a while because of the events in Hal’s book where the Guardians place the Earth under quarantine.
    The flashback to him in high school was really surreal to me in Thorne's run.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Green Lantern: The Anime.

Shepherd? Don't tell me they created yet another human GL.

Wow, another GL!? The story sounds good. The art looks really good too. But I don't feel particularly excited for this if there's another human GL. Alien GL's are awesome, too. It also makes the rings seem less special. I'll save some money and just purchase John's mini series when it comes out.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Hopefully, not an illusion or anything of the sort.

The art is fantastic and I love when GL gets weird with its space magic vibe.

I think it's probably just from some future timeline and not yet another human Earth Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's probably just from some future timeline and not yet another human Earth Lantern.
    Yeah I doubt he’s human. Or at the very least I don’t think he’s a human Lantern who is meant to be operating at the same time as the other human Lanterns we follow. Hence why he has a different oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Huh, you know, you made me realize how rare it is to see John smile. To the point where it seems weird or makes people suspect that something bad about to happen to him.