Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Oh right I forgot the remnants of the Snyder Cult were doing another hashtag campaign today.
    yeah lol. I think they're urging Netflix to have the Snyder Cut. I don't see how that would work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    yeah lol. I think they're urging Netflix to have the Snyder Cut. I don't see how that would work though.
    they are stupid.

it won't happen.

I can't decide between Murphyverse John and Snyderverse John that I have less interest in.

I hate John Stewart as an FBI agent. Not because the idea is bad, in fact it's preferable to him being 'the soldier' all the time, but because I had similar idea where John was working for an agency (not FBI) and now if I actually post it, people are going to think I was copying Murphy.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

John...29? Id say he should at least be 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They also have Jimmy Olsen being younger than Jason Todd. lol I don't believe this is meant to actually be the characters' canonical age, more like DC's social media manager was being rather bored on this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They also have Jimmy Olsen being younger than Jason Todd. lol I don't believe this is meant to actually be the characters' canonical age, more like DC's social media manager was being rather bored on this day.
    That’s my take, since it’s pointless to give hard ages to Big 2 characters anyway. They’re as old as the story needs them to be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Who knows nowadays w/DC.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

John is supposed to be younger than the members of the Satellite Era. I can definitely see him in his early 30s.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Murphyverse (Batman: White Knight) John Stewart has debuted in the last issue of Beyond the White Knight, and it seems like he’s going to be involved in the sequel series. He’s an FBI Agent along with Diana. Not that I expect him to be treated well mind you, but figured I’d share

Of fucking course their FBI agents, fucking Murphy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the canon's the canon.

Hal got his ring because Abin Sur's ship crashed and he was the nearest person to fit the necessary criteria which, apparently, is just the ability to overcome great fear.

Guy got his ring because, apparently, for some reason, Hal needed a back-up.

John was marked as a future ascended being by the Guardians which is why he got his ring. Training wheels.

Kyle got his ring because, as Ganthet put it, "you'll have to do." Right place, right time, no special qualities beyond luck.

(Can't remember why Simon and Jess got theirs.)

Jo got her ring because Nemosyni needed an 'off-the-grid' Lantern with a prototype ring that wouldn't be affected by Koyos's schemes.

The original notion of "back-up GLs" doesn't even make sense. If a GL falls, the ring finds a replacement. "Back-ups" aren't necessary. Another will be found right away.
    I agree, John being chosen works for me.

It also humorously hints at a reason why John and Guy have better working relationships with the Guardians than Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hate John Stewart as an FBI agent. Not because the idea is bad, in fact it's preferable to him being 'the soldier' all the time, but because I had similar idea where John was working for an agency (not FBI) and now if I actually post it, people are going to think I was copying Murphy.
    Just post it anyway. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Of fucking course their FBI agents, fucking Murphy

That's an interesting ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Has anyone rewatched that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Good to know I’m not the only one who thought he should be way older