Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nothing kills a man like driving on a freeway .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Interview with PKJ. A really solid read. I love how he describes how he crafts his stories and plot lines. Def applies to everything he’s written, that’s for sure.

https://www.gamesradar.com/green-lan...-john-stewart/
    Really good interview! Beautiful preview pages. I can’t wait for this to drop!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's funny that John and Hal's series start with them both having a red pickup truck.
    Also how both appear to be feeling some growing pains after being back on Earth.

Looks like our guys have been in space way too long.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Being in the room for a couples fight....always awkward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's funny that John and Hal's series start with them both having a red pickup truck.
    Perhaps they share a mutual love for Fred Sanford, hence the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    PKJ mentions Johns sister's here. While it great that we finally get to see more of his family, I wonder if he will make it canon in comics universe that his sister is Lynn. I don't know if it was mention that they actually are.

Honestly hope it's a defining run for John, him and Victor are in rough spots right now.
    John Stewart and Lynn Stewart are not, and never have been, brother and sister. They're two African-American people who happen to share a last name. It's just a fan-generated theory from people who think this will automatically elevate both John Stewart and Black Lightning into being some sort of African-American Power Family, despite the fact that DC has shown no interest in making such a thing happen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    John Stewart and Lynn Stewart are not, and never have been, brother and sister. They're two African-American people who happen to share a last name. It's just a fan-generated theory from people who think this will automatically elevate both John Stewart and Black Lightning into being some sort of African-American Power Family, despite the fact that DC has shown no interest in making such a thing happen.
    Lynn was John's sister in Young Justice.

That was the cartoon, not the comics (and I don't subscribe to Max or whatever it's called now, so I haven't seen it). And plenty of stuff done in other media has been left out of the comics, just as plenty has been integrated into it. Yes, I know about Jimmy Olsen and kryptonite's radio origins. But Sarah Lance isn't going to happen, nor is Cheshire's established family history being retconned to make her related to Artemis and Sportsmaster, nor is a one-armed clone of Roy Harper.

And do DC writers really want to make John and Jefferson in-laws? Do they? What is it that fans think such a move would lead to, and what is more likely to result from it instead?

Ultimate Member

What is it that fans think such a move would lead to, and what is more likely to result from it instead?
    The hope it would actually show a black hero actually having a FAMILY with the doors open for teams up and development.

Since it seems to be an issue to show most black heroes with actual families. Something John has not had since the 80s.

Other than the Foxes in Batman -whose black family have we seen? Who have we seen BEYOND one relative such as Steel, Cyborg and Aqualad?

It's like there is some issue showing a black hero with a full blown family-including the guy from Wakanda whose family outside of his mom and sister hasn't been seen in his own book for now 10+ years.

It would be nice to see more black characters be something then asexual lonely losers that don't have lives outside of being heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    That was the cartoon, not the comics (and I don't subscribe to Max or whatever it's called now, so I haven't seen it). And plenty of stuff done in other media has been left out of the comics, just as plenty has been integrated into it. Yes, I know about Jimmy Olsen and kryptonite's radio origins. But Sarah Lance isn't going to happen, nor is Cheshire's established family history being retconned to make her related to Artemis and Sportsmaster, nor is a one-armed clone of Roy Harper.

And do DC writers really want to make John and Jefferson in-laws? Do they? What is it that fans think such a move would lead to, and what is more likely to result from it instead?
    Shared universe world-building.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shared universe world-building.
    That kind of thing just shrinks a universe.

"Two people with the same (common) last name? Well, they *have* to be related, don't they?"

Phooey, sez I.

For the record, I'm also not a fan of the retroactive familial bonds between Starman and Phantom Lady, Speedy and Guardian, Robin and Robotman's creator, and Captain Marvel Jr. and Kid Eternity.

Sometimes Roy Thomasing goes way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    That kind of thing just shrinks a universe.

"Two people with the same (common) last name? Well, they *have* to be related, don't they?"

Phooey, sez I.

For the record, I'm also not a fan of the retroactive familial bonds between Starman and Phantom Lady, Speedy and Guardian, Robin and Robotman's creator, and Captain Marvel Jr. and Kid Eternity.

Sometimes Roy Thomasing goes way too far.
    I actually liked most of those. If only because for one the Phantom Lady issue in Starman was really fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually liked most of those. If only because for one the Phantom Lady issue in Starman was really fun .
    Sure, but that was pre-Cry for Justice/edited by Archie Goodwin James Robinson. Jack Knight reading a phone book would've been fun in that title.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Sure, but that was pre-Cry for Justice/edited by Archie Goodwin James Robinson. Jack Knight reading a phone book would've been fun in that title.
    True, but that's what made it work for me .

Thread of interview snippets regarding what PKJ has said

Oh man I’m ecstatic to see PKJ pick up the United Planets plotlines he seeded in the Warworld Saga here. Definitely seems like his John book will tie in with the Olgrun stuff somewhat. And finally we get to see some more exploration on what the United Planets running the GLC means!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/