Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    But wait isn’t the point of the Dark Crisis one-shots that it wasn’t a counterpart but actually the characters themselves just trapped in another world of one they would choose to live in? So essentially it was John who chose to do that?
    That's a good point. But it kind of looks like in the current arc they're treating that world as an alternate continuity. But we do know very little so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Utilizing new god powers to recreate a dream world but in doing so accidentally bring along the villains? Sounds interesting I like that
    Not exactly. The "dead" Justice Leaguers in Dark Crisis were all set in their own personal realities, created for them by the bad guys but those realities turned out not be actual realities.

Hypertime effects are not false, "alternate" or illusory. They are real. John's sister, in that personal constructed reality, was an essentially a ring construct, incomplete and imprecise, thus tragic. If, this time, John DID pull his sister out of hypertime, that is his ACTUAL sister, not a "force ghost" or ring effect.

I guess we'll all find out soon.

I love it already, either way.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-22-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This was a great analysis. I enjoyed reading this.

So Avatar: The Last Airbender seemed to have survived, because they finally found their audience. And this is despite terrible sales in merch and nearly no toys being made for the franchise.

So this means that if GL: TAS had a big enough audience, they would have green lit it for another season, then. And this can also apply if toys isn't meeting expectations (like Avatar: Last Airbender).

But if they didn't have their audience, but toys sold very well, then they probably would have gave it another chance to find it's audience?

Yeah, there's been a lot of comments about GL:TAS being DOA, which shouldn't be the right term to use (especially from a business perspective).
    On a side note, it was strong toy sales that saved the original Gundam series in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Ah, wow. This whole time, I always thought that GL: TAS always had their audience, but they stopped airing it, because of GL's sales on toys didn't meet expectations. That was the perception I saw in these forums. I guess we can conclude that GL: TAS definitely wasn't doomed from the start (or that other DOA term being used here).
    I thought the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I do NOT want John Stewart to retire.... If this idea gains traction, DC would use it to remove John's spotlight and put him in limbo using a retirement story "as demanded by fans" to get rid him.

If Hal Jordan who is OLDER than John is still kicking ass in action as a GL then so will John ... As it should be. Has Alan Scott retired yet (oldest human GL)?!? ... No!... Then wth are we talking about John retiring?
    John was already retired when he got his back broken as a Darkstar in Ron Marz's run with Kyle Rayner as GL. in GL vol. 3. John, Guy, Alan, and Kyle used to have beer in Guy's Warrior Bar and trade stories. Basically, John was benched and became a mentor, like Alan, to Kyle, except John was crippled with no ring at all. Guy had also lost his Warrior book. So both John and Guy just became supporting characters in Kyle's book.

I don't really want that to happen to John (or Guy) again.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's an interesting theory, but my question was not really how he did it, but why his mother didn't properly react to how John initially told her he had resurrected his sister when in fact he essentially created a sentient construct inspired by his memories of her.
    It's all very creepy but not acknowledged in the characters' reactions.
    One, the ring construct, is just that: a fake puppet in the likeness of his dead sister. That is hella creepy.

The other, the hypertime version, is just his actual sister. Not a duplicate or a construct so, "resurrection" in that case isn't. The hypertime version NEVR died so she's not being brought back from anywhere or reconstructed. She's just still alive.

In the latter case, their mother would probably be surprised and puzzled but that is her actual daughter so I think she'd adapt pretty quickly to her return.

But we don't know yet and, for me, that's the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    On a side note, it was strong toy sales that saved the original Gundam series in Japan.

I thought the same too.
    Right, this could mean that good toys sales can possibly give a series another chance. But the audience is the biggest priority for any entertainment medium.

If anyone has HBO Max, you can change your avatar icon to a DC one. And HBO Max included Green Lantern John Stewart as the avatar. Already changed mine's to that avatar.

I don't know why Wally as The Flash is missing, though. But Barry is there as the Flash.

And Ray Fisher's Cyborg was missing at first but they added him after fans complained on social media.

It's odd that Hawkgirl or Martian Manhunter also aren't there but Aquaman is despite not being part of the core team.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-26-2023 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And Ray Fisher's Cyborg was missing at first but they added him after fans complained on social media.

It's odd that Hawkgirl or Martian Manhunter also aren't there but Aquaman is despite not being part of the core team.
    Both Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter are present in there. You have to scroll the the list from left to right to see the other characters.

As for Cyborg, now that's just disrespectful on how they had him missing in there from the Justice League movie at first. But it's nice to see that you can choose two different Cyborgs as icons.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    One of Neal Adams' final artwork with John Stewart.

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome!!!!

Screenshot_20230529_131416_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    John's movie suit needs to look like this. Thanks for comin' to my TED Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Pixar John?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    works for me.