Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

it's only the latest.

by no means the first. definitely real people.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Both creative teams on the GL books are excellent but getting Sampere on the John book would be a dream.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/01/25/d...-on-dawn-of-dc

Unfortunately it seems John has been reduced to a backup for now. Hopefully this is like how Mark Waid’s World’s Finest or Williamson’s Robin series started out as backups before spinning off into their own ongoings.
    Oh well easy pass.

Not paying for backups.

Yeah you all jumped the gun about the John Stewart series. It is spinning out as planned courtesy of PKJ
    Still not paying for backups.

Do a one shot that leads to that mini not have it in someone else's book to try to boost someone else's sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    oh, look. more fan mail from someone who understands how comics and superheroes work.

Attachment 128864
    Sorry you have to deal with that kind of nonsense. It's disgusting that some fans would go that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Please don't pay attention to people like that, if "Skronnk" is even an actual real person. I'd like to think that fans who had legit gripes with your opinions on Hal would not express themselves like this.
    I think that is a real person. I have seen ridiculous comments from some Hal fans when it was announced that he was the writer for the book. I never seen any as bad as that, though. But this sick person does not represent the majority of Hal's fanbase. Unfortunately, there's always got to be a low life comic book fan.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Do a one shot that leads to that mini not have it in someone else's book to try to boost someone else's sales.
    I was thinking about this earlier, too. Was PKJ being put on there as a backup a recent change? Because if so, I'm wondering whether PKJ was put on there as a backup to help boost some sales. But then again, it's not like Hal's nor John's book are an ongoing. It's a limited series. This can also be a strategy to help boost up John's book as well.

Come to think about it, I'm wondering on why Hal's writer switched? Has this been explained?
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 01-25-2023 at 04:18 PM.

I think initial announcement mentioned that John's book would be set up in Hal's. We just all assumed that something would happen in Hal's story and not that there would be actual back-ups

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think initial announcement mentioned that John's book would be set up in Hal's. We just all assumed that something would happen in Hal's story and not that there would be actual back-ups
    I think PKJ did say that John will be in Hal's book in some capacity and there would be a spin off of that series.

it's only the latest.

Still a shitty thing to do anyone. Hope you know there are fans that appreciate your work and that there are real people in your life who care... Yes I'm aware it's oddly sentimental for a guy on the internet but I think it helps to recall there are real people involved.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Still a shitty thing to do anyone. Hope you know there are fans that appreciate your work and that there are real people in your life who care... Yes I'm aware it's oddly sentimental for a guy on the internet but I think it helps to recall there are real people involved.
    Yep, there are thousands of real people who appreciates his work. The fan who wrote that is a sick individual.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

it's only the latest.

Incels gotta incel.

Always sad to see people lose sight of the fact that these are just fictional characters primarily meant to entertain children

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think PKJ did say that John will be in Hal's book in some capacity and there would be a spin off of that series.
    Makes sense to springboard one GL book off the other, particularly given the premise of Hal's book would no doubt impact John's story.

I'm not familiar with the artist? Anyone know his stuff? The Google search I did on him looked solid

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Alright good, John's book is still going to be a full series

Also man sorry about that Redjack, cringed so much reading that post. Some people yeeesh, bunch of stupid fucks.

oh, look. more fan mail from someone who understands how comics and superheroes work.
    Sorry you have to deal with crap like that just for writing superhero comic books. Ppl need some perspective.

Oh well easy pass.
    Not paying for backups.
    It could work the other way around too. People buying Hal's book could end up buying John's book if they find the backup interesting. (which is me - I'm a die-hard Hal fan, but with John's book I was waiting to see what it was about)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It could work the other way around too. People buying Hal's book could end up buying John's book if they find the backup interesting. (which is me - I'm a die-hard Hal fan, but with John's book I was waiting to see what it was about)
    It generally doesn't.

I have heard that before and it didn't end well as the last two GL runs were. Since so many can't stand the existence of one or the other.

It was everybody's job to support one but it was okay to NOT support Redjack's because of who the leads were.

I rather Hal's back up be about HAL and maybe show a slice of life of his growing up in Coastal City and maybe early day as a lantern.

Same with John. He does have a family that we have not seen in near 30 years. Heck use that other John we say in the last run who is looking for his wife.

Since some find both or one or the other dull and boring. Use that backup slot as an additional series for both versus putting someone in there that doesn't need to be there.

...Since so many can't stand the existence of one or the other.
    Based on zero numbers or stats, I really think that only describes a drop - or maybe a spoonful - in the bucket of fandom in general.