Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Yeah, Varron looked like one and done character to me, but I like him so far and what he brings to the table. Maybe he sticks around as a secondary villain in Radiant Dead.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its funny how even as a possessed revenant his hatred of John is the one bit of his personality that remains.

And to think he only actually had one interaction with John before dying, but that was enough to establish a lifetime of hatred from someone so infantile and petty.

The new suit also looks good. It is basically his normal suit with added black lines, but its like adding a spiffy new coat. Doing a classic design with just enough new elements always makes for a refreshing look.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 12-22-2023 at 01:29 AM.

Thaaros orders his underlings to find a scapegoat if Varron is KIA, clearly John will be that scapegoat and Varron’s father will be targeting John over it. Both John and Hal are getting into trouble with the UP, next year will likely be the payoff for them running afoul of its leaders.

Adore this page, PKJ is usually really good at dropping at least one moment per issue that sums up the lead’s whole deal, and pic above was this issue’s one for John I thought.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its funny how even as a possessed revenant his hatred of John is the one bit of his personality that remains.

And to think he only actually had one interaction with John before dying, but that was enough to establish a lifetime of hatred from someone so infantile and petty.
    It is entirely possible that this was the first time someone pushed back on him.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I love John's Christmas Sweater .

That's an adorable GL holiday image! And I always like seeing John use his architectural skills.

PKJ has really just become one of the best writers in the business. His Action Comics run has been amazing (sadly coming to an end) and I’m loving this series so far. This is the first GL book I’ve been excited about in many years.

John finally getting his own rogues gallery and arch enemy is long overdue. I know PKJ is going to make the Revenant Queen and her Radiant Dead very memorable villains.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It is entirely possible that this was the first time someone pushed back on him.
    Yeah that’s how I’m viewing it. Varron is a spoiled nepo-baby whose had everything handed to him his whole life. John standing up to him and embarrassing him just broke his little brain.

Merry Christmas John fans .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    PKJ has really just become one of the best writers in the business. His Action Comics run has been amazing (sadly coming to an end) and I’m loving this series so far. This is the first GL book I’ve been excited about in many years.

John finally getting his own rogues gallery and arch enemy is long overdue. I know PKJ is going to make the Revenant Queen and her Radiant Dead very memorable villains.

Yeah that’s how I’m viewing it. Varron is a spoiled nepo-baby whose had everything handed to him his whole life. John standing up to him and embarrassing him just broke his little brain.
    I love how the obvious shorthand to showcase Varron is an unworthy GL is to show him to be a coward, the one thing a GL shouldn't be.

I guess the United Planets figured out how to modify the power rings to be usable if with people with a total lack of willpower is able to use them.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    John seems to like Green Lantern designer clothes.