Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I also believe the one true Frank as Punisher with full on skull will return.
    Doesn't mean I have to buy Pretend Punisher by scared corporate CEO.
    Right there with ya!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

What would you like to see Garth's Punisher do in 2024?

Would love to see him take on Incels, Trump, Jan 6 types, Groomers, mass shooters, the gun debate and RECLAIM THE SKULL

and YOU?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What would you like to see Garth's Punisher do in 2024?

Would love to see him take on Incels, Trump, Jan 6 types, Groomers, mass shooters, the gun debate and RECLAIM THE SKULL

and YOU?
    Spoken like a true liberal.

I'll be passing just as I passed on Aaron's "tool of the hand" maxi-series.
    Too bad. It was excellent. And Frank will be back. I’m looking forward to seeing what Frank does next and what this new guy is like.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Great for you that it was excellent. I read quite a bit of commentary and opinion that runs the gamut in the other direction.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

^^^
    Great for you that it was excellent. I read quite a bit of commentary and opinion that runs the gamut in the other direction.
    I should probably clarify it’s good from a technical aspect. Writing and art is top notch, but if you’re opposed to idea of Frank being groomed as a killer and only can ever see him as the Punisher it’s probably not going to be your speed. But I went in expecting to hate it and I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing what Frank does next.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As someone who did oppose the Hand business I thought this new comic was quite good as an intro
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I should probably clarify it’s good from a technical aspect. Writing and art is top notch, but if you’re opposed to idea of Frank being groomed as a killer and only can ever see him as the Punisher it’s probably not going to be your speed. But I went in expecting to hate it and I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing what Frank does next.
    This isn't Castle, it's some other dude with his exact origin story. Frank got banished to Weirdworld.

I enjoyed this new Punisher series more than I though I was going to. Is this going to be an ongoing or a limited series? A buddy of mine said it might only be 4 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This isn't Castle, it's some other dude with his exact origin story. Frank got banished to Weirdworld.
    I was meaning the Jason Aaron mini. And Joe is pretty close to Frank but I think with some subtle but key differences in his origin. Particularly that he’s setting out to get Justice vs just waging war on all criminals.

Fantastic Member

I thought this was a good first issue. While reading it, I didn't understand why they just didn't give Frank Castle this look instead of creating a whole new character, if they wanted to get past the skull emblem.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I thought this was a good first issue. While reading it, I didn't understand why they just didn't give Frank Castle this look instead of creating a whole new character, if they wanted to get past the skull emblem.
    Because as his creator pointed out, Frank Castle is an indictment against the justice system.

A justice system we all know to be unfair and disproportionate to minorities and the poor. It's not presented as such, but Castle is always punching down, fight exaggerated problems with endless guns in a country that's never two weeks away from another mass shooting.

New guy? He shoots lasers at supervillains. Not exactly easy to imitate and disconnected enough from reality.

Honestly, I dunno why they simply didn't put the brand on a shelf for a little bit. In serial fiction, every big shot character should spend some time in limbo, better to appreciate them later.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because as his creator pointed out, Frank Castle is an indictment against the justice system.

A justice system we all know to be unfair and disproportionate to minorities and the poor. It's not presented as such, but Castle is always punching down, fight exaggerated problems with endless guns in a country that's never two weeks away from another mass shooting.

New guy? He shoots lasers at supervillains. Not exactly easy to imitate and disconnected enough from reality.

Honestly, I dunno why they simply didn't put the brand on a shelf for a little bit. In serial fiction, every big shot character should spend some time in limbo, better to appreciate them later.
    In fairness, Conway could have conveyed that in a better way than he did in Castle's first appearance. Castle is only after Spider-Man because he thought he had killed Gwen Stacy and when he realized he was innocent, Castle left him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...

lol, sure was nice of The Beast, ultimate incarnation of absolute evil that he/she/it is, to send Castle to a place where he can help innocent people.