Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

It's very well written. I've said repeatedly that I think this is a very well written story that I don't like at all.

It's like watching a really talented arsonist.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's very well written. I've said repeatedly that I think this is a very well written story that I don't like at all.

which makes me wonder how will Frank be rebuilt in the future?

I do like the idea of writing Frank's final mission where he gets the power he desired and finally being able to do what he always wanted and in the end realizing it was all for want.

Ultimate Member

I don't see how the character recovers from this mini anytime soon. Aaron at his deconstructive, ruinous finest.
    No, that was Thor. Ironically, this is Aaron saving Castle from that

Next issue will be very interesting. Its like how they going to pull this off? Issue 12 is it. Do we know of anything coming after?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, that was Thor. Ironically, this is Aaron saving Castle from that
    No, I'd argue they're exactly the same. Both characters were thoroughly deconstructed, and the act of building them back up was left to others, if they want to bother.

I wouldn't be shocked if Frank was gone at the end of this, but Maria wasn't.

Ultimate Member

No, I'd argue they're exactly the same. Both characters were thoroughly deconstructed, and the act of building them back up was left to others, if they want to bother.

I wouldn't be shocked if Frank was gone at the end of this, but Maria wasn't.
    lol, no.

I know Aaron's Jane Thor was hard, but we'll never see Maria take up the skull. Ain't gonna happen. Especially when she ended this issue trying to kill Frank for all the violence he committed in the name of their family.

This is not deconstruction, a critical examination of Castle's methods and the flaws therein. At all.

Frank isn't killing street punks, he's killing international puppy kickers. He's not one man with a gun acting of a vendetta, he's a superpowered head of an evil ninja clan who can fly.

Frank's archtype and character has never been more unpopular in America today, and for good reason. But Aaron isn't addressing any of that.

He's sidestepping all of it with this arc, a standard hero story where the main character gets possessed. The only thing vaguely resembling deconstruction is Maria's anger at him for what he did in his family's name.

Incredible Member

I don't see how the character recovers from this mini anytime soon. Aaron at his deconstructive, ruinous finest.
    On the contrary I think it's easy to move forward from this (at least for me). Ignore it.

There are so many mini's/stories of character development/ deconstructions/ updates to canon/ etcetera that I, personally, flat out ignore.

(Tony Stark being adopted - I'm looking at you).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    l The only thing vaguely resembling deconstruction is Maria's anger at him for what he did in his family's name.
    . You say that like this isn't a huge thing that I could be talking about, but it does run deeper than that with regards to the flashbacks.

Yes, it can always be ignored, but I think it's gonna be hard to ignore, and I didn't say we'd see Maria take up the skull.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-24-2023 at 07:07 AM.

Yeah, I've heard some real interesting things about this book, but I really don't like some of the retcon'd elements (Frank being a mess and having quite a bodycount even before serving or losing his family, Maria wanting to divorce Frank before being killed) I really wish this was a what-if or elseworlds than the new canon. I'll stay away till the next run picks up.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Ultimate Member

. You say that like this isn't a huge thing that I could be talking about, but it does run deeper than that with regards to the flashbacks.

Yes, it can always be ignored, but I think it's gonna be hard to ignore, and I didn't say we'd see Maria take up the skull.
    Again, there's no deconstruction. And Aaron has been very clear to indicate that The Hand only observed Castle, they did not engineer anything

I just hope Frank does not die. I think he will though.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Here's a pin-up from an old Punisher War Journal issue.

There was no story to go along with it, which is a shame, but it seems like it would have been an interesting one.

^^^I know, right?! Back when he was in-demand during the '80s, there were a plethora of pin-ups just for Frank.
    My Favorites will always be the ones from Mike Zeck

Sadly, Ray Stevenson who played Punisher in War Zone has passed away at 58 no word on the cause.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Sadly, Ray Stevenson who played Punisher in War Zone has passed away at 58 no word on the cause.
    Initial reports on Heath Ledger, no cause.
    Initial reports on Phillip Seymore Hoffman, no cause

When a star has battled a medical issue privately even, say Chadwick Bozeman, the initial announcement says that and states cause.

I fear this is going to have been one of those accidents like the two other examples I listed.

RIP Ray, we loved you in so much and look forward to Ahsoka.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime