Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Yeah, that was effing dreadful.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I feel like this a great ending for the Punisher taken in a vacuum, but part of the Marvel Universe no so much.

But these things never last as nothing does in superhero comics, maybe we'll get something new in the future.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Those spoiler coded comments didn't reveal anything.
    Where is this Bleeding Cool article.

The one true Punisher will return one day.
    Black Face Punisher
    Demon/Angel Powers
    Frankencastle
    War Machine suit
    Tool of the Hand

These are just story telling methods meant to see Frank in another light before returning to his mission as he knows his mission to be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Those spoiler coded comments didn't reveal anything.
    Where is this Bleeding Cool article.

The one true Punisher will return one day.
    Black Face Punisher
    Demon/Angel Powers
    Frankencastle
    War Machine suit
    Tool of the Hand

These are just story telling methods meant to see Frank in another light before returning to his mission as he knows his mission to be.
    I'd throw "Punisher with a ponytail leading and leading a mob family" onto that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd throw "Punisher with a ponytail and leading a mob family" onto that list.
    OMG! I LOVE that run!! Ostrander is a genius (IMHO):

[QUOTE=K7P5V;6487342][center]OMG! I LOVE that run!! Ostrander is a genius (IMHO):

It was a very interesting read and Frank came off a lot more human and likable than he usually does, but you have to admit, it's not the kind of thing one looks for when they're looking for Punisher stories.

Mighty Member

I read it. My opinion and concerns haven't changed, but then I had a thought: What about Rachel? It is VERY clear that the Punisher symbol is a large reason for all of this. Rachel is still a Punisher. She's still out there doing the good work. There's no reason for her to change her symbol. I really hope that doesn't mean we'll never get another Rachel cameo again.

Ultimate Member

I'm stunned.

Castle in charge of The Hand, Matt leading the Fist...

...and it just fizzles out?

WTF?

Ok so it could have been worse. I liked the end in a way. Not so much of how him and Maria ended it (like wtf?!). I am def not a huge fan of changing Franks past, especially in this way. Others have tried to do it but not like this. Aarons comments at the ended saying he wanted to write this story for so long...like really man? Doubt that if so please no more. The story overall was good. The Daredevil leadups were a joke. The Beast thing better not last long. I want our logo back. Screw what that political garbage thinks or does its what the nazis did and they didn't last. I cant see Punisher showing up in Daredevil Born Again for Disney+ and them not using the skull. They go another way then why bring him in at all?

The logo and bull that is going on should not be doing this to a comic character or book we love reading.

I have worked in an emergency room for 22 years. I wear a Punisher shirt with my scrubs every shift. Every shift for 22 years with a Punisher skull (I own like 50 of them). I use the logo to HELP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never stop doing that. I am not Frank Castle. I don't even like guns. I am not even close to violent. That is why I love the Punisher. He is a comic book character. Not a cop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is for the best. I believe in the future.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Amazing Member

A couple of months ago I started comic book collecting again. This time I wanted to get the comics I had as a kid/teenager & the first lot I bought from ebay was a mix of old Punisher comics, which happened to include the first 9 issues of this run (including the boss Alex Ross cover to #1).

The art was great but wasn't a fan of the story. Amazing how the older comics had so much story in a single issue while this story could've been told in a couple of issues but was dragged out to twelve.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, that was abit of a jumping the shark moment.

Not a great end to what started as a decent book.

Remember, Aaron's pseudo-feminism essentially dictated this outcome: that Maria reject the Punisher, that she be allowed to have her voice back, that her voice be firm in his rejection. That's *really* what it comes down to, that final speech by her. This was about giving a woman in whose name *all the violence and terror* unleashed by Frank Castle her voice back.

That's really what it comes down to, and that's why all the deconstruction of Castle as a person, pointing out how he was always bad, their marriage was poison, and on and on. I just do not see how you bounce the character back from this. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it's going to be, I think, a long time before we get anything that fans of the character are going to recognize.

(For the record, I think his goal here with maria was a laudable idea at its core.)
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-01-2023 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Remember, Aaron's pseudo-feminism essentially dictated this outcome: that Maria reject the Punisher, that she be allowed to have her voice back, that her voice be firm in his rejection. That's *really* what it comes down to, that final speech by her. This was about giving a woman in whose name *all the violence and terror* unleashed by Frank Castle her voice back.

That's really what it comes down to, and that's why all the deconstruction of Castle as a person, pointing out how he was always bad, their marriage was poison, and on and on. I just do not see how you bounce the character back from this. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it's going to be, I think, a long time before we get anything that fans of the character are going to recognize.

(For the record, I think his goal here with maria was a laudable idea at its core.)
    You may be right. I just think doing what he did to Maria and leaving her the way the book ended is a awful idea. Maria is not Jason Todd.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

No way that was gonna happen, and it's why I posted earlier about her survival. Maria got the agency Frank's origin story denied her, and her agency was a complete rejection of Frank and everything he stood for. That rejection, that moral condemnation, was the the entire point. It's a shame he felt he had to do even more retcons to make Frank even *more* awful to make it possible.

Ultimate Member

Lol, this is the gentlest deconstruction possible, a Cover your ass story and still there are complaints