Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1117

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I agree about that statement about her looks, but that's how he phrased it, and certainly PG took it that way. She was a bit offended. And yeah....her art is basically like most female characters...her figure it pretty much like them, no matter that she's more notorious then them, largely through a few extreme bits of art that have crept through over the years. At most, she's on the higher end of the big bust crowd of female superheroes, which is most of them. Put her up against WW though, or Catwoman, or many others, and her actual figure would look similar to us. Some mostly jokey dialog over the years tells us that in universe, she's regarded as exceptional in that respect and overall looks, but that's all we've got, and the art itself has more impact to me than a few mostly forgotten bits of dialog.
    Oh yeah I definitely agree, its a weird thing to say.

It gets even funnier since I think PG's physique is a bit toned down now. I don't think she currently is as "big" as she used to be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh yeah I definitely agree, its a weird thing to say.

It gets even funnier since I think PG's physique is a bit toned down now. I don't think she currently is as "big" as she used to be.
    No, she isn't. Or so it seems to me too.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah Paige is most certainly not nearly as buff as Karen.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah Paige is most certainly not nearly as buff as Karen.
    Good one!

Well, having read her solo, I think Karen's bit where she claims not to understand what her people were doing was pretty much her lying to them. As opposed to giving them any suspicion that their boss is Power Girl. Or at all unusual for that matter. How that succeeds where even Superman points out to her that her trying to avoid attention is nearly impossible...well, comics. Maybe a wizard did it.

But bless the writers for having her try to have a secret ID. It's kind of cute that she thinks she can be unrecognized in her civilian ID. And a nice informative character bit.
    I could see using the same logic as Mr. Fantastic uses in Fantastic Four sometimes. Being the smartest guy in the room is not a substitute for actually knowing the source material.

Which makes me wonder.... how technically skilled is Divine? Presumably she has the same natural intellect right?

Ha! This would be a fun team-up .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Get on this, DC! Get whoever controls the license to Transformers on the phone and make this happen!
    Assassinate Putin!

I agree about that statement about her looks, but that's how he phrased it, and certainly PG took it that way. She was a bit offended. And yeah....her art is basically like most female characters...her figure it pretty much like them, no matter that she's more notorious then them, largely through a few extreme bits of art that have crept through over the years. At most, she's on the higher end of the big bust crowd of female superheroes, which is most of them. Put her up against WW though, or Catwoman, or many others, and her actual figure would look similar to us. Some mostly jokey dialog over the years tells us that in universe, she's regarded as exceptional in that respect and overall looks, but that's all we've got, and the art itself has more impact to me than a few mostly forgotten bits of dialog.
    It really was the Post Crisis era, no? For the big Power Girl and the cartoonishly large chesticles. I think Bart Sears is largely the culprit for that--that being the She-Hulk-like obvious musculature and height. Going through pre-Crisis art, she was rendered most often as shorter than folks like Robin and fairly petite. So if they are doing away with Post Crisis Kara--and it seems they very much are--then that her and Supergirl are rendered similarly in physique makes sense now.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 12-09-2023 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Get on this, DC! Get whoever controls the license to Transformers on the phone and make this happen!
    That'd be the Skybound imprint at Image.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Sauvage mentions a “stylistic surprise” in issue #6. Hmmmm…

IMG_2352.jpg

https://x.com/s_marguerite/status/17...5FceZvkee6cG3w
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

POWER GIRL #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS

Art by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE

Cover by AMY REEDER

Variant covers by KEVIN WADA and JAE LEE

1:25 variant cover by JON BOGDANOVE

Women’s History Month variant cover by SOZOMAIKA

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 3/26/24

The Supergirls are trapped! While tracking down the missing citizens of Metropolis, Paige and Kara have found themselves powerless in the mythical realm of Ferembia. They’ll now have to rely on their wits to find an escape and the brains behind the whole operation before they’re stuck in their own personal dark age!

Power Girl too in Harley Quinn cover variant

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

POWER GIRL #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS

Cover by AMY REEDER

ON SALE 3/26/24

The Supergirls are trapped! While tracking down the missing citizens of Metropolis, Paige and Kara have found themselves powerless in the mythical realm of Ferembia. They’ll now have to rely on their wits to find an escape and the brains behind the whole operation before they’re stuck in their own personal dark age!
    So I have been enjoying Isekai Manga or New World genre Japanese comics graphic novels, and realize that the House of El go Isekaied, so Kara came to Earth and now Ferembia, she got Isekaied twice. Paige came to Earth 2, now Earth Prime and Ferembia, so three time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

POWER GIRL #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS

Cover by AMY REEDER

ON SALE 3/26/24

Cool cover! I love how PG is about to smash SG in the head with that flail. Or her own horse. Or herself.