Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wait, she actually has psychic powers? I thought that was Rich Johnston being cheeky about Lilith projecting her thoughts into Karen's head. Just the usual bullshit headline to draw clicks.

It's a dumb change that won't last too long if so.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I think the ability to hold her breath for long periods has always been one of her power across all iterations. Breathing in space she can't do without magic to give her a personal atmosphere or some crap.
    Eh, she managed to cross the universe in one of those final infinite crises...all without taking a single breath, (the crossover where her cousin dies). Looks to me like she doesn't need to breath at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Eh, she managed to cross the universe in one of those final infinite crises...all without taking a single breath, (the crossover where her cousin dies). Looks to me like she doesn't need to breath at the very least.
    I agree. She doesn’t need a rebreather

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Or that she can hold her breath for a sufficiently long time. Who knows?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Or that she can hold her breath for a sufficiently long time. Who knows?
    She does, I imagine. After all, she wouldn't try and fly across the universe without air if she didn't know for sure she'd never need it.

BANNED

She does, I imagine. After all, she wouldn't try and fly across the universe without air if she didn't know for sure she'd never need it.
    Superman has needed O2 to survive space, and even his super-breath would have stricter limits during combat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Superman has needed O2 to survive space, and even his super-breath would have stricter limits during combat.

Yeah, they all have, but that seems not to be the case for some years now. But getting back to mental powers; they COULD be good---if they're actually used, especially in novel, interesting ways that other telepaths rarely do, such as to know what an opponent's next move in a fight will be...but I doubt it will feature much, even assuming all these new powers don't just vanish when the event is over. As a side note, imagine what a detective a Kryptonian with the ability to read minds and those super senses and the knowledge of super science beyond humans and likely most alien races would be.

This is recent but is like WWs flight and breathing stuff. She was shown during the Marston years in outer space with no gear or apparatus. Other times she needs a suit or a bubble breather. Like with WW, I feel that it is well within his design and history. One thing he needs gear for is talking. Of the Can Do's, only Cap can talk in outer space unassisted

It's been shown thst kryptonians can alter their energy,that's why Clark went blue,and now Jon will too.

It has also been shown that kryptonians bio fields are mental in nature,and is more than just lifting things better,more invulnerability,and flight.if we don't live on a flat earth and on a sphere than explaining sight and hearing powers isn't gonna fly unless you give it a extra mental edge to it.kon/Conners TTK is mental,but it was translated in a lab,but the new 52s kons TTK wasn't,it was inherited straight from Jon Lane Kent,and he had TK and telepathy.

The whole point is thst her getting it,even though I don't think she needs it,is and can be a extension of how a kryptonians powers work.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

My biggest problem with mental powers is that they are for the most part, passive powers, something contrary to PG's character. She's an aggressive, active character, and whatever special new powers she gains should mirror that. They shouldn't be subtle; she's not a subtle person. It should be an active power, loud and aggressive.

My biggest problem with mental powers is that they are for the most part, passive powers, something contrary to PG's character. She's an aggressive, active character, and whatever special new powers she gains should mirror that. They shouldn't be subtle; she's not a subtle person. It should be an active power, loud and aggressive.
    I'd say this is a good power for her to have since it contrasts well with her personality and allows her to use her brains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say this is a good power for her to have since it contrasts well with her personality and allows her to use her brains.
    Psionic power would be PG using her brains - technically - but not in the way that counts. And she already uses her brains with regard to her technical computer skills and business acumen.

If Karen needs mental growth, it's in tempering her personality; which would be better served by having her utterly fail against an opponent, owing less to her physical strengths and more her attitude. Her interpersonal relationships within the Society can also help with that.

Psionic power would be PG using her brains - technically - but not in the way that counts. And she already uses her brains with regard to her technical computer skills and business acumen.
    Using one shouldn't preclude the other. Though I'd say her computer skills and business acumen are practically an informed ability at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Using one shouldn't preclude the other. Though I'd say her computer skills and business acumen are practically an informed ability at this point.
    There are a few things I'd like to see shown with PG that a back-up section in Action Comics may not provide, but there are different levels of computer skills where someone with her personality can occupy; similarly, business acumen doesn't mean that Karen Starr can't be lacking in the interpersonal department.

Extraordinary Member

There are a few things I'd like to see shown with PG that a back-up section in Action Comics may not provide, but there are different levels of computer skills where someone with her personality can occupy; similarly, business acumen doesn't mean that Karen Starr can't be lacking in the interpersonal department.
    That's always been one of her weaknesses. Trouble is, they never seem to make it a real problem.