Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Looks like PG will be one of the headliners for the Action Comics Knight Terrors specials. Unfortunately it looks like they are trying to keep the "Paige" name...

more here including covers.
    Same writer as the other Dawn of DC PG stuff so far, so it makes sense. Interesting that PG seems to be the lead feature and Superboy/New Super-Man/Steel is the back-up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wait a minute, since when PG became "Paige"? I missed something? I know right now "Karen" it is not the most popular name (and it not helps than she is a short haired blonde), but change her name to Paige? It is a little radical, isn't?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Wait a minute, since when PG became "Paige"? I missed something? I know right now "Karen" it is not the most popular name (and it not helps than she is a short haired blonde), but change her name to Paige? It is a little radical, isn't?
    Yeah, that's the writer, only the one so far. The thing is, it matters for the story. "Paige isn't going to own Starrware or whatever it was last called. That's well known to be Karen Starr. So I doubt Karen would randomly choose a new name.
    Last edited by achilles; 04-14-2023 at 01:04 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The Power Girl back-up in Action Comics #1053. Jon suggests that Paige sounds like PG and it would be a nice name. She later says yeah it's not so bad. There's been zero reasoning behind why she would change her name or need/want to.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, that's the writer, only the one so far. The thing is, it matters for the story. "Paige isn't going to own Starrware or whatever it was last called. That's well known to be Karen Starr. So I doubt Karen would randomly choose a new name.
    Well I want Karen Starr,owner of her own company,JL and JSA team member,and a kick ur ass hero,not a telepath named Paige ugh
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The Power Girl back-up in Action Comics #1053. Jon suggests that Paige sounds like PG and it would be a nice name. She later says yeah it's not so bad. There's been zero reasoning behind why she would change her name or need/want to.
    There was also the part where Jon calls her Karen and she tells him that isn't her name, but that of an alter ego from a while ago that has no use any longer. So Jon asks what to call her, Omen says she calls her PG, which leads into Jon making his suggestion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    There was also the part where Jon calls her Karen and she tells him that isn't her name, but that of an alter ego from a while ago that has no use any longer. So Jon asks what to call her, Omen says she calls her PG, which leads into Jon making his suggestion.
    So....randomly throw away a key part of her story and character for...nothing? There's no payoff to that. Nothing except a writer given too much freedom on a minor character who then decided to "fix" an annoying but temporary pop culture phenomenon that doesn't need fixing.

Time to turn the paige on this bad idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well I want Karen Starr,owner of her own company,JL and JSA team member,and a kick ur ass hero,not a telepath named Paige ugh
    That's right, she's a telepath now, isn't she? Perhaps "Flower" or "Buttercup" would have been a better name.

Different civil name, other powers...the slight change of clothes... It is like they want o replace the classic Power girl with a different character so slwly so they could claim she still is the same character...
    Sorry, I feel a little paranoid today.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

And coincidentally, Karen Page was once a love interest for Matt Murdock / Daredevil over at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Rags Morales.

Attachment 130982
    That is some impressive attention to detail!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's right, she's a telepath now, isn't she? Perhaps "Flower" or "Buttercup" would have been a better name.
    Bubbles was the nice Power Puff. Blossom was the bossy one, and Buttercup was the one who liked to punch first and think maybe....

So you think they are trying to get rid of her overall sexy tough hero look and persona,for whatever BS ppl think is appropriate these days for a female hero?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

So you think they are trying to get rid of her overall sexy tough hero look and persona,for whatever BS ppl think is appropriate these days for a female hero?
    She still has the boob window and there are plenty of female characters dressing in revealing outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She still has the boob window and there are plenty of female characters dressing in revealing outfits.

I know,but Karen has been a target for her boob window for years now,taming her in multiple ways might be the plan.