Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hey, he has a dog! Or my dog, at least.

These are hilarious.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It should be noted that Cho is a notorious Superman hater.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You know, on that night I discovered the fastest car in the world; the one I was driving to hospital at 3 in the morning when I got the call. Doesn't even matter what the car was, it WAS going to do 120 MPH, its max, with me at the wheel in that situation.
    I'm glad you were able to visit her in the hospital, as opposed to sharing a hospital visit.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It should be noted that Cho is a notorious Superman hater.
    Peege ain't Supes. Love the detergent bit!

Loving how much focus PG is getting lately.
    I’m only a little apprehensive due to the retcons Johns did to her origins in The New Golden Age/JSA, but I like what I’ve seen from Lazarus Planet and Action Comics.
    Hopefully they find a way to explain how she’s been around since the 70s without acting much older than she looks.

Extraordinary Member

Beautiful illustration of why PG needs more time with Wildcat, working on her boxing. Her guard hand is too close to her face, it will just get hit into her own face if she blocks with it. Her elbow is too far out, allowing for a hook to the ribs.

This is so cringe. Why is Cho obsessed with making Superman lust after his cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Beautiful illustration of why PG needs more time with Wildcat, working on her boxing. Her guard hand is too close to her face, it will just get hit into her own face if she blocks with it. Her elbow is too far out, allowing for a hook to the ribs.
    LOVE THIS! Can’t way to see more of PG’s new look in action

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What is the current PG origin? Is she still from E-2? Do we know?
    Assassinate Putin!

Yeah good question,I would love to know it all.

And I would like to know her "new" age compared to Clark's,cause if she came here in the 70s and was already a teen girl then she might be older than him,which would change things.

And if she came then,then what did she do for all that time,cause she wasn't being the OG Supergirl here
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

All we know is that she was already in the main Earth during the 70s and joined the JSA in a team very similar to her first one on Earth-2 (which kind of duplicates her early days if she’s still meant to be from Earth-2).
    Since DC seem to still want to ignore OG Earth-2 in favor of the New 52 version, I think they’re scrapping that part of her origin.
    She will probably turn out to be a Hypertime refugee like Huntress is now. She could be a legacy of the Metaverse’s first Superman (Golden Age Supes) that’s stuck in the present due to temporal anomalies.

Her having debuted in the 70s makes her the first Kryptonian on Earth, though. Which is really bizarre and ages her a lot.
    It’s possible that around the 80s the JSA characters were all transported to the time of COIE, so their ageing up would be less drastic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    All we know is that she was already in the main Earth during the 70s and joined the JSA in a team very similar to her first one on Earth-2 (which kind of duplicates her early days if she’s still meant to be from Earth-2).
    Since DC seem to still want to ignore OG Earth-2 in favor of the New 52 version, I think they’re scrapping that part of her origin.
    She will probably turn out to be a Hypertime refugee like Huntress is now. She could be a legacy of the Metaverse’s first Superman (Golden Age Supes) that’s stuck in the present due to temporal anomalies.

Her having debuted in the 70s makes her the first Kryptonian on Earth, though. Which is really bizarre and ages her a lot.
    It’s possible that around the 80s the JSA characters were all transported to the time of COIE, so their ageing up would be less drastic.
    Eh, the age thing is a bit weird, but I'm more willing to cut them some slack there as this is a thing they've actually bothered, though never in an organized manner done with intent, to set the groundwork in that PG has previously been shown to essentially either not age at all, or do age so very slowly that it's really hard to tell on mere human timescales that she's at all older from one decade to the next. There have been enough future PG stories where other human characters have aged, but she hasn't, or hasn't aged much compared to the human characters. And it's been shown to be that way for Kryptonians in general. Where this becomes interesting is that a 70s vintage PG still around, who still looks exactly like she did back in the 70s, should have a lot of experience, and should be in general a LOT tougher than she was when young and inexperienced---more contrast with SG, and possibly even a bit with Superman himself, if weirdly he's now younger than Kara, (PG---she's Kara to me rather than Karen).

If I had to guess from what's gone before, I'd say PG would age, but so slowly she'd probably still be a thing around the time of the LOSH. Though they've very carefully kept her away from THEM as much as possible; in fact, I can only recall one story where she had any significant interaction with members of that team----other than that, they're the territory of Supergirl. Which is interesting, since they've never bothered to keep Supergirl away from Power Girl related properties. But whatever, this is hopefully the start of a new era where Power Girl and other previously marginalized but viable characters get their just due finally.

Honestly, if I were WB, and I was looking for a Kryptonian female character to use in a live action movie or streaming show, I'd go to PG rather than SG----she's got some basic framework attached, but she's more of a tabula rasa than SG as far as the general public goes. Which means that while they'll know in general what to expect from her the instant they see that jacket with the "S" on it, or any other variation, (and while I don't necessarily agree with WB/DC on this, I can see where they're coming from with the "S" shield redesign), but the details are up for grabs, free for a creative team to define. That said, the record of even halfway decent writing, never mind actual good writing, in movies or streaming as of the past few years doesn't inspire one with confidence. Dread, perhaps, but not confidence.

That said, assuming a good writer could be found who understands the character and is willing to put the thought and work into making her a likeable onscreen protagonist who could attract audiences the way Evans did as Cap, or Downey Jr. did as Iron Man, or ScarJo did as Widow before they squeezed out her solo movie five years or more too late... you could have a potential mid-range or lower budget movie or streaming show with PG----who doesn't carry any of the baggage SG does. Especially as Benoist has established SG fairly firmly for better or worse, while PG is....aside from a few core character traits, powers, and some basic backstory---free for any ambitious writer WB likes to define.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-11-2023 at 03:41 AM.

That is the frustration I have atm. I don't know where my faves are and I have no idea wtf is going on. Worse, it seems everything is still droning on about the Multiverse. I just want to see my favorite heroes doing hero stuff and being awesome

My problem with the ageing isn’t the physical aspects. As a Kryptonian, it makes sense that she would age a lot slower than most.
    But mentally, she isn’t portrayed as having decades and decades of experience. She has the same level of maturity as her 30 year-old peers. If she’s been around this long and still acts as she does, it doesn’t paint her in the best light.
    Additionally, making her debut as far back as in the 70s and being the first Kryptonian should really raise the level of respect and recognition the character gets in-universe. Yet even Supergirl gets more recognition than she does.

Johns opened up a can of worms that I honestly don’t see him being able to resolve satisfyingly.