Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1117
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Telepathy with superhuman abilities isn't something new, but that extra ability suits Martian Manhunter's character much better than Power Girl's.

    I'd prefer Karen keep her Kryptonian abilities and maybe give a nod to her post-COIE Atlantean origin. Maybe Arion gifts her a special talisman with a straightforward ability like perpetual breathing in any element, or extra protection against magicks.

    If not a new power, than eliminate a weakness. Maybe to magic, or to Kryptonite. Or at least some big, flashy, game changing power that comes with a bit of a cost, so she can't bust it out to win every time.

  2. #62
    Kon-El "The Scion" SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Doesn't she already read ppls minds when they look at her hehe.

    Seriously though,I would have taken away the kryptonite weakness,I mean she and Prime both are in different universes so they shouldn't be effected by this kryptonite.course shouldn't that apply to the power from the sun too hmm?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

  3. #63
    Ultimate Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Telepathy with superhuman abilities isn't something new, but that extra ability suits Martian Manhunter's character much better than Power Girl's.

    I'd prefer Karen keep her Kryptonian abilities and maybe give a nod to her post-COIE Atlantean origin. Maybe Arion gifts her a special talisman with a straightforward ability like perpetual breathing in any element, or extra protection against magicks.
    the idea here seems to be that Karen is just... harder to influence psionically. She doesn't have any actual telepathy of her own, just a resistance to it.

  4. #64
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    25,051

  5. #65
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    25,051

    Default



    Power Girl as Princess Peach.

    art by Nick Perks

    https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn...ps-last-of-us/

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Stanlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Telepathy with superhuman abilities isn't something new, but that extra ability suits Martian Manhunter's character much better than Power Girl's.

    I'd prefer Karen keep her Kryptonian abilities and maybe give a nod to her post-COIE Atlantean origin. Maybe Arion gifts her a special talisman with a straightforward ability like perpetual breathing in any element, or extra protection against magicks.

    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy! I love Power Girl's Post Crisis iteration. How cool to see her adventure in Skartaris!

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,796

    Default

    Maybe an idea for doing Power Girl without the Earth Two idea, or even just as an idea to expand on her Earth Two past, would be that she came to “our” Earth in the ancient Atlantean past and defended them in a battle, with them repaying her by preserving her while she recovered from some Doomsday-scale injuries, and then a young Superman and Aquaman team up and free her before staring their careers in total.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

    I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    the idea here seems to be that Karen is just... harder to influence psionically. She doesn't have any actual telepathy of her own, just a resistance to it.
    We'll see if it's something that simple or if we'll have Psionic Girl by the end of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    If not a new power, than eliminate a weakness. Maybe to magic, or to Kryptonite. Or at least some big, flashy, game changing power that comes with a bit of a cost, so she can't bust it out to win every time.
    There's a host of fantasy game abilities to pick out of there, which could be game-breakers for someone as powerful as she is already. Instead of x2 stats for five minutes or Summon Undead once daily, I'd go with something simple like breathing in space/underwater.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy! I love Power Girl's Post Crisis iteration. How cool to see her adventure in Skartaris!
    Like I've said, PG proved herself a survivor post-COIE by staying afloat around the DCU away from the Superman corner. Putting an S-shield on her now for "legitimacy" would be condescending.

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Maybe an idea for doing Power Girl without the Earth Two idea, or even just as an idea to expand on her Earth Two past, would be that she came to “our” Earth in the ancient Atlantean past and defended them in a battle, with them repaying her by preserving her while she recovered from some Doomsday-scale injuries, and then a young Superman and Aquaman team up and free her before staring their careers in total.
    I like the ancient astronaut idea. Like the Fortress of Solitude existing on Earth as a Kryptonian outpost ages before Kal-El arrived, maybe his (and Supergirl's) cousin Kara chanced into a space-time warp that landed her in the ancient past where she forged that bond with grandfatherly Arion.

  9. #69
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Just to point out that giving PG the power to breath in space isn't giving her any powers at all; she mostly does that anyway. Or doesn't need to breath at all; it's hard to tell what she's doing, save traveling in space with no air supply. She did indeed at one time seem to need such things as oxygen in space, but for a while now it seems she no longer has that limitation, I suspect as part of some of the more cosmic crossovers plus the need to make her like the other Kryptonians as they too no longer needed such aids in space.

    As for breathing in water, I have no idea what she can do with that, since she almost never has anything to do with swimming about under water. As a power then, it would be fairly useless if it never needed to be used.

  10. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just to point out that giving PG the power to breath in space isn't giving her any powers at all; she mostly does that anyway. Or doesn't need to breath at all; it's hard to tell what she's doing, save traveling in space with no air supply. She did indeed at one time seem to need such things as oxygen in space, but for a while now it seems she no longer has that limitation, I suspect as part of some of the more cosmic crossovers plus the need to make her like the other Kryptonians as they too no longer needed such aids in space.

    As for breathing in water, I have no idea what she can do with that, since she almost never has anything to do with swimming about under water. As a power then, it would be fairly useless if it never needed to be used.
    I'm admittedly not up to speed on the power sets that have built up for the different kinds of Kryptonians, still remembering a time when Supes needed an O2 mask or a deep super-breath to manage himself in space. I was mostly thinking of Power Girl's erstwhile Atlantean connection and how something simple like a magic ornament allowing her to breathe underwater (as well as space while at it) would be a means for her to strengthen that bond again whether with Arion or Aquaman's breed of Atlanteans. As opposed to an arbitrary spell like Invisibility for an hour.

    I suppose a more prudent power would be like a magic amulet that stores the power of the sun should she need it, but such a device readily on hand could make PG's challenges harder to write.

  11. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Telepathy with superhuman abilities isn't something new, but that extra ability suits Martian Manhunter's character much better than Power Girl's.
    There have been some cases where Kryptonian abilities were depicted as psionic in nature. There's Conner's original tactile telekinesis and I think Silver Age Superman had telepathy at some point.

    I'd prefer Karen keep her Kryptonian abilities and maybe give a nod to her post-COIE Atlantean origin. Maybe Arion gifts her a special talisman with a straightforward ability like perpetual breathing in any element, or extra protection against magicks.

    So is the pairing of Karen with Lilith supposed to be a homage to this? Jennifer even wears green just like Lilith.

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I'm admittedly not up to speed on the power sets that have built up for the different kinds of Kryptonians, still remembering a time when Supes needed an O2 mask or a deep super-breath to manage himself in space. I was mostly thinking of Power Girl's erstwhile Atlantean connection and how something simple like a magic ornament allowing her to breathe underwater (as well as space while at it) would be a means for her to strengthen that bond again whether with Arion or Aquaman's breed of Atlanteans. As opposed to an arbitrary spell like Invisibility for an hour.

    I suppose a more prudent power would be like a magic amulet that stores the power of the sun should she need it, but such a device readily on hand could make PG's challenges harder to write.
    But that wouldn't be a power, it would be a device. Which IIRC can't really be explained by the Lazurus Pits stuff.

  13. #73
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    The problem with giving her some sort of mind powers is that then she's just the Martian Manhunter lite, without the shapeshifting invisibility, or intangibility. Perhaps gravity manipulation? It would track as a sideline to her power of flight---perhaps she does that by manipulating gravity and now can do so for other objects, moving them or crushing them or flinging them away. It would be a consequential power at least.

  14. #74
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Actually, what new powers could fit with her personality and precedent? Are there any classic Silver Age powers going spare that she could use? I wouldn't want her to have electricity powers, that would be too similar to the Shazam types and the electric Superman types. Any new powers should fit her, and it should be grand in scale, limited in practical use for some reason, and it should be uncommon in the DCU.

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member Stanlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just to point out that giving PG the power to breath in space isn't giving her any powers at all; she mostly does that anyway. Or doesn't need to breath at all; it's hard to tell what she's doing, save traveling in space with no air supply. She did indeed at one time seem to need such things as oxygen in space, but for a while now it seems she no longer has that limitation, I suspect as part of some of the more cosmic crossovers plus the need to make her like the other Kryptonians as they too no longer needed such aids in space.

    As for breathing in water, I have no idea what she can do with that, since she almost never has anything to do with swimming about under water. As a power then, it would be fairly useless if it never needed to be used.
    I think the ability to hold her breath for long periods has always been one of her power across all iterations. Breathing in space she can't do without magic to give her a personal atmosphere or some crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •