Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m gonna do some research on Meggan tonight, she used to be one of my favorite excalibur characters but marvel inconsistencies in featuring her made me decide to repress my excitement in order to avoid disappointment, sometimes I fear getting attached to things that can be taken away at a moment notice.
    She definitely deserves more shine and air time than she's been given. Such a great, powerful character. If you want scans of anything you read/find out from her Marvel UK days prior to Claremont bringing her along to Marvel America, let me know and I'll be happy to send/post.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She definitely deserves more shine and air time than she's been given. Such a great, powerful character. If you want scans of anything you read/find out from her Marvel UK days prior to Claremont bringing her along to Marvel America, let me know and I'll be happy to send/post.
    Thanks Jb, I also wanted to probe your mind about Jamie, I know deep down he loves the twins and I think there could be some fun to be had if he ever were to babysit his nice, I’m crossing my finger for him to be reformed and for the Braddock family to be finally whole and united but in my mind I know marvel won’t resist the temptation to make him do something illogical and lame…. You know…like they usually did with mystique in the many years Irene was dead, What do you think it’s going to happen?

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Thanks Jb, I also wanted to probe your mind about Jamie, I know deep down he loves the twins and I think there could be some fun to be had if he ever were to babysit his nice, I’m crossing my finger for him to be reformed and for the Braddock family to be finally whole and united but in my mind I know marvel won’t resist the temptation to make him do something illogical and lame…. You know…like they usually did with mystique in the many years Irene was dead, What do you think it’s going to happen?

It's wild because I've been thinking about Jamie and what kind of role he'll play in the new book. He did some horrendous things even before he developed his powers, so bad that Brian was crushed and left him to remain prisoner. But then in an effort to "fix" him via torture by his captor, he went mad and his powers manifested, etc. So I think that part of him that did those awful things was cleansed and it took a while for him to get a grasp on reality, literally. He ended up resurrecting Betsy after her X-Treme death and then fought alongside Brian in that heartbreaking Uncanny X-Force story where Betsy was forced to him kill.

In the current era I think resurrection via Krakoa has helped stabilize him and we saw that even though he was king of Avalon, he didn't abuse the position and mostly behaved. He helped terraform Mars and resurrected Brian. I would love for him to continue on this better path and be a powerful and GOOD member of the family. He knows he still has a lot to prove, even little Maggie gave him grief when he offered to make Betsy a body lol

But he was responsible for her having a body to return to after all, and later he followed her instructions to stay out of the initial war and keep Avalon safe.

That was the most tender moment I've ever seen between them, that look on his face and her arm around him. He kept his word and when Shogo was deployed to burn the enemy up, ripping the fabric of Otherworld, Jamie held it together for as long as he could...
    Last edited by JB; 02-03-2023 at 05:56 PM.

That was one of the last times we saw him and seeing him say "For the Braddocks!" warmed my heart. I truly hope he continues on this path. Tini said he'll be appearing but we don't know in what capacity. He may need his family because Le Fay is going to want revenge on him for keeping her in his dungeon. I want him to be the loving and powerful older brother and uncle that he can be!

Really Loved your insight into the matter, this is another couple of panels I loved, with Jamie helping Betsy escape her prison and Betts literally taking the plunge and starting to put a bit of trust into her older brother…

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Really Loved your insight into the matter, this is another couple of panels I loved, with Jamie helping Betsy escape her prison and Betts literally taking the plunge and starting to put a bit of trust into her older brother…

Ahhh yes, this is one of my favorite issues of the run. Silva delivered such a beautiful issue and I liked that the focus was on the siblings and Saturnyne, a strength of Tini's imo. Their interactions are so deep here and I love how Betsy has to trust Jamie, Brian pledging allegiance to his brother, the twins outsmarting Saturnyne, Brian accepting the sword of might and then standing next to his sister on the X of Swords circle. I love this family!

Brian really is one of the oldest allies to mutantkind and he'll always fight with them without a second thought. "Brian, you're not a mutant."

I can't wait for more of scene stealer Miss Maggie and some panel time with her auntie.

There's a sweet scene in an annual where Meggan gets upset and feels inadequate[/URL] because of her young daughter's intelligence. Rachel and Kitty are very kind to comfort her.

Then at the end of the issue there's this even sweeter moment.

So I'm really looking forward to Maggie spending time with her auntie AND her godmother.

wait... Meggan barely knows how to read?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah she used to be addicted to television and only learned how to read as an adult woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    There's a sweet scene in an annual where Meggan gets upset and feels inadequate[/URL] because of her young daughter's intelligence. Rachel and Kitty are very kind to comfort her.

Then at the end of the issue there's this even sweeter moment.

So I'm really looking forward to Maggie spending time with her auntie AND her godmother.
    I swear Meggan is the sweetest most innocent character I ever had the pleasure to read about, It’s very hard not care about or love her, she’s also very funny and wholesome, I wonder if there’s someone like her anywhere in the real world.

I swear Meggan is the sweetest most innocent character I ever had the pleasure to read about, It’s very hard not care about or love her, she’s also very funny and wholesome, I wonder if there’s someone like her anywhere in the real world.
    Wholesome? Wasn’t she carrying Kurt’s baby at the gala.

Then again, I *guess* that could have been a nutty theory that went nowhere.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah she used to be addicted to television and only learned how to read as an adult woman
    Exactly right. When she was a baby she grew fur to keep warm and her parents kept her mostly hidden in fear of scrutiny or worse from people. Her only real friend was the TV.

She's such a sweet and genuine soul, fiercely loyal too. She was a diamond in the rough but Brian and Betsy immediately loved her.

The meeting was always meant to lure Betsy away.

During their attempt at rescuing Brian, Excalibur had dragon Shogo use his fire to escape; however his dragonfire "melted a hole in the very fabric of Otherworld", the thin veil that serves as a barrier between it and the real world. Britain suddenly has a big problem. A bunch of them.

They care not that innocents could be hurt and killed. Instead, they smile.

Gambit and my boy Rictor have been deep down in the earth and upon returning to the surface are also faced with Otherworld monsters.

Take note that this is in Cornwall so there are monsters appearing in several locations. Apocalypse calls Rictor and Gambit for assistance as the lighthouse is under attack. Betsy and Wisdom are busy defending innocent people from their own monstrosity.

Betsy gets Wisdom to his apartment and she meets the others at the lighthouse. Apocalypse completes a spell he had been working on and Rogue awakens (she's been asleep, it's a long story.) She ends up draining him and the energy release activates the spell sending all the monsters everywhere back to Otherworld and repairing the tear caused by dragonfire. The day is saved.
    (Unfortunately Apocalypse is not around for the new series so Le Fay and crew have a distinct advantage.)

They return to Otherworld where they defeat Morgan, install Jamie as king, and he resurrects Brian after a battle to the death. Later at Braddock Manor, Brian tells Betsy he's willing to take a step back to support her. He now has the Sword of Might which grants him abilities but he's concerned the powers-that-be in Britain will use this against Betsy. "There's enough terrible controversy about your ascension... they won't accept you if they find out about me. They'll want me to wield the sword against you." She tells him that many have tried to turn them against each other but have failed. They're family and they won't let that happen.

All the while, Coven Akkaba is making moves. Sending out notices to elite families and houses in Britain, offering their services "should the presence of Krakoans in Britain make you uncomfortable or threatened, we encourage you to reach out to us immediately. As an alternative to MI-13. we are not burdened by many of the same concerns of diversity." Positioning themselves into a role of authority against mutants.
    Wisdom asks Meggan to spy on them. She's disguised herself as a member and is attending one of their meetings. Brousseau announces that Le Fay has been deposed and is missing. He is not happy.