Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Meggan. Still needs some sorting out, but I’m approaching burnout on this one.
    I would totally purchase this card if I could. It's fantastic! You've captured Meggan's vibe in both of her expressions and the details are great. Having Meggan and Brian fighting on the bestial side of the card but then kissing on the flip side is a really nice detail. Thank you so much for posting this. Fanart Friday is yours this week!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Thanks, guys.

In honor of pride month, Marvel's Contest of Champions released an art piece by Jan Bazaldua featuring the LGBTQ players in the game. She looks awesome.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    In honor of pride month, Marvel's Contest of Champions released an art piece by Jan Bazaldua featuring the LGBTQ players in the game. She looks awesome.

Cute! I like how Captain Britain is front and centre on this.

Is that supposed to be Moondragon on the left? The colouring makes her look like Viv Vision's mum here LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Cute! I like how Captain Britain is front and centre on this.

Is that supposed to be Moondragon on the left? The colouring makes her look like Viv Vision's mum here LOL
    That’s a great question as I have no idea who that is lol. Of the playable characters it’s cool that Betsy is representing for queer mutants.

Teaser image for next week's issue. I love how Vasco Georgiev draws Brian. Just the right amount of bulk up top with the v shape taper.

9/10 review of BB:CB #4 from Comicon.com
    https://www.comicon.com/2023/06/08/o...ain-britain-4/

"Every single bit of Betsy’s variety of past titles/professions comes into play here..."

I like that Scott Redmond brought up her past titles. With characters of serialized/ongoing media, I'm always hoping for content added to the stories that can built upon and used later. Reestablishing Betsy's history as a model/spy opens the door for new potential stories depending on where a writer/the x-office wants to take her. It reminds readers that she has a history of stealth work even prior to becoming a ninja.

Looking forward to next week's issue!

Walk with me...

Below is a post from last month showcasing the possible connections between Red and Excalibur after Ewing mentioned "mutant magic" in a recent X-Men Monday. NOW with Coven Akkaba being added to the chessboard, I'm adding more content to the presentation.

*rolls out presentation board*

In today's X-Men Monday, Ewing was asked if we'll be seeing more of Storm's mystical/magical heritage moving forward and he ended his response with:

"Anyway, with that treasure chest now open and on display, it seems a shame not to do more with the treasure inside. So the upcoming story will have a magical component enter proceedings at some point, with an emphasis on 'mutant magic'."

Mutant magic is a term started in Excalibur by Tini Howard. In an interview during X of Swords she said:

“To Apocalypse, there’s still a lot of work to be done, a mutant cultural heritage and traditions to build—things like the idea of magic,” Howard said. “Anthropologically, culturally, magic is an expression of wisdom and ideas that are developed over the development of a society. So Apocalypse is getting into these ideas of building a concept of mutant magical tradition.”"

Who will be making his return to the stage in next month's Heralds of Apocalypse written by Ewing? Apocalypse. He introduced the concept in Excalibur while working with Betsy and the team to access Otherworld. If Storm has to combat him/Genesis in a magical setting, Betsy has studied A's work...

Howard said on a podcast that Betsy would be appearing in another book to provide information. It's possible all of this is what she was talking about. Without getting into the whole story, there's also the fact that Apocalypse set up the protection and activation of the Siege Perilous which now serves as a magical gate between Krakoa and Otherworld. What we do not know is if Apocalypse knows that Betsy and Rictor know that it was him that orchestrated its presence. Who told them? His son.

Now we look at Coven Akkaba. Betsy confronted them about their name.

Yeah, that's the kind of nasty evil they are. The thing about them is that they became a headache for Excalibur because of their magic. Normally a team of such heavy hitters would have no problem trouncing a bunch of jerks in robes but said jerks had the advantage. They even hurt my Rictor who is still a novice at magic.

At one point Apocalypse had to intervene and wiped out a group of them.

So what is Coven Akkaba up to now? Aside from trying to help Morgan Le Fay oust Betsy and turn the people against her via propaganda, they've been experimenting with mutant blood. They currently have Micromax imprisoned in a jar and use his blood to power spells. Note what Morgan says in the second panel.

(From Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #2)

Mutant blood is a powerful magical component. We also learned over in Bishop War College that Coven Akkaba is looking to obtain a large amount of mutant blood for something. My concern is that with Genesis on their side, they may have access to such blood from the Arakkii. And if not, Orchis has said they could supply Coven with the mutant blood they desire.

On top of that, Coven has been providing Orchis with Blightswill (from Otherworld) which they've been experimenting with. When was the first time we saw Blightswill?

It seems to me we're approaching a point where Ororo and Betsy may have to come together to deal with the threat of Genesis and Coven Akkaba/Orchis. Depending on how alliances form in the Genesis War, Ororo may need the numbers and the Captain Britain Corps could help balance the scales if need be. Add Rachel to the mix and they're a combined formidable force against an army consisting of the demons of Amenth. Plus Ororo was recently betrayed by a pair of queer women so she could use a dose of sapphic heroism.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

So what is Coven Akkaba up to now? Aside from trying to help Morgan Le Fay oust Betsy and turn the people against her via propaganda, they've been experimenting with mutant blood. They currently have Micromax imprisoned in a jar and use his blood to power spells. Note what Morgan says in the second panel.

Mutant blood is a powerful magical component. We also learned over in Bishop War College that Coven Akkaba is looking to obtain a large amount of mutant blood for something. My concern is that with Genesis on their side, they may have access to such blood from the Arakkii. And if not, Orchis has said they could supply Coven with the mutant blood they desire.

On top of that, Coven has been providing Orchis with Blightswill (from Otherworld) which they've been experimenting with. When was the first time we saw Blightswill?
    Makes me wonder what, if anything, Clan Akkaba is up to....

Damn I feel like Coven Akkaba deserves its own arc to really complete the story. There are so many moving parts I hope they give Ewing the runway he needs.

Also this make me feel like there DEFEINITELY should have been a FoX Captain Britian one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Makes me wonder what, if anything, Clan Akkaba is up to....
    That's a great point. I don't think we've seen them since Bunncanny when Betsy knocked Fantomex out cold. I bet the descendants of Apocalypse wouldn't take too kindly to the name "Akkaba" being used by another group.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Damn I feel like Coven Akkaba deserves its own arc to really complete the story. There are so many moving parts I hope they give Ewing the runway he needs.

Also this make me feel like there DEFEINITELY should have been a FoX Captain Britian one-shot.
    If a second arc had been approved I bet that's how Betsy's book would have tied into Fall of X, dealing directly with Coven. They're being moved into the spotlight more and more and they're definitely a part of her rogues' gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Meggan. Still needs some sorting out, but I’m approaching burnout on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love it! I love how you gave her that orange turtleneck from her early days and her bestial form is just too cute. Well done!
    I would totally purchase this card if I could. It's fantastic! You've captured Meggan's vibe in both of her expressions and the details are great. Having Meggan and Brian fighting on the bestial side of the card but then kissing on the flip side is a really nice detail. Thank you so much for posting this. Fanart Friday is yours this week!
    Wow, Panic, let me add my compliments and praise to the ones you already received, your work looks absolutely flawless and stunning, please keep following your artistic impulses, you’r very talented!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Walk with me...

Below is a post from last month showcasing the possible connections between Red and Excalibur after Ewing mentioned "mutant magic" in a recent X-Men Monday. NOW with Coven Akkaba being added to the chessboard, I'm adding more content to the presentation.
    Now we look at Coven Akkaba. Betsy confronted them about their name.

Yeah, that's the kind of nasty evil they are. The thing about them is that they became a headache for Excalibur because of their magic. Normally a team of such heavy hitters would have no problem trouncing a bunch of jerks in robes but said jerks had the advantage. They even hurt my Rictor who is still a novice at magic.

At one point Apocalypse had to intervene and wiped out a group of them.

(From Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #2)

It seems to me we're approaching a point where Ororo and Betsy may have to come together to deal with the threat of Genesis and Coven Akkaba/Orchis. Depending on how alliances form in the Genesis War, Ororo may need the numbers and the Captain Britain Corps could help balance the scales if need be. Add Rachel to the mix and they're a combined formidable force against an army consisting of the demons of Amenth. Plus Ororo was recently betrayed by a pair of queer women so she could use a dose of sapphic heroism.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
    Leave it to JBenito to connect all the threads…..well done my friend, your ability to keep an eye on the big picture definitely pans out, you do us all a great service, your overview of the overarching plot always makes upcoming comics more enjoyable, thank you really.

I’m very much expecting the Captain Britain Corps to be somehow be involved in the resolution of the Genesis war, Saturnine’s modifications to the Annihilation mask were less benevolent than previously believed and the extradimensional demonic hordes of Amenth have access to the realms of Otherwold, they no doubt represent a threat to multiversal oder and peace.
    If the CBC will ride once more against these force of Evil (see X of sword) I want Betsy to be the one leading the charge this time as rightful Leader of the Corps and mutant ally of Arakko!
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-15-2023 at 05:34 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”