Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Interesting, I had no Idea this was happening in another title but I’m glad marvel is going to acknowledge these character from another universe after all this is really what Captain Britain should be about, once again I have to praise your attention for details and story elements Jb, I bet your recap it’s going to be even more useful as soon as CB #2 hits the stands, does Lizzie Braddock exhibits any sign of mutant powers at all? Is there any mention of Jamie ….I wonder if is going to be responsible for the rest of the family disappearance
    Agreed! It's great that Carter, who became very popular after this mini from just last year, is going to appear in Betsy's book and more than likely Lizzie as well. Her family history remains mostly a mystery as there's no further mention of Brian nor of Jamie. We get a little more info about her father though. As for your important question in bold...

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's a very interesting parallel how S.T.R.I.K.E. is infiltrated here similar to how it was infiltrated in our Betsy's reality. The Vixen took it over from the inside and then ordered the murders of the Psi-Division since their telepathy could detect the takeover. Interestingly, Lizzie displays TK here rather than TP. She doesn't show any telepathy in the mini so it's something that could come later. We do however get a little more insight on the use of her powers coming up.

Teaser image from today's X-Men Monday:

And some beautiful pieces for Meggan Monday.

Lady Avalon by Derrick Fleece

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Love it, perfect shade of violet, awesome psychokinetic manifestation, very powerful
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It's a very interesting parallel how S.T.R.I.K.E. is infiltrated here similar to how it was infiltrated in our Betsy's reality. The Vixen took it over from the inside and then ordered the murders of the Psi-Division since their telepathy could detect the takeover. Interestingly, Lizzie displays TK here rather than TP. She doesn't show any telepathy in the mini so it's something that could come later. We do however get a little more insight on the use of her powers coming up.
    [/center]
    Somehow I love the tk angle, I’m still convinced our Betsy unleashed her full psionic might for the first time when she was sexually assaulted by the alternate Brian, she literally smashed him around the room with tk and fried his skin as she was melting his brain with tp

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

And some beautiful pieces for Meggan Monday.

Lady Avalon by Derrick Fleece

This is some of the best Meggan fan-art I have seen so far, her fairy eyes are the perfect classic touch, the angle, the water and those colors speak of a flawless professional talent.
    I love the Idea of Meggan playing with the lady Avalon mantle for an issue or two, well done to the artist, but the title of captain avalon as well as the costume needs some working still, if I could suggest anything to Tini H it would be to give some more thoughts to the concept because as it stands right now it is very bare bones.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-13-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Somehow I love the tk angle, I’m still convinced our Betsy unleashed her full psionic might for the first time when she was sexually assaulted by the alternate Brian, she literally smashed him around the room with tk and fried his skin as she was melting his brain with tp

I fully agree and Betsy's use of TK above seemed to be the culmination of the steady growth of her powers during that time. From precognition to psychic communication to delivering her first psychic attack:

and then the TK display. She would use her TK again when they fought off the Warpies shortly after but then we didn't see it for a very long time. The idea that Lizzie is starting with TK is an interesting reversal and I'm curious if we'll see her using telepathy if/when she appears next in issue #2.

This is some of the best Meggan fan-art I have seen so far, her fairy eyes are the perfect classic touch, the angle angle, the water and those colors speak of a flawless professional talent.
    I love the Idea of Meggan playing with the lady Avalon mantle for a issue or two, well done to the artist, but the title of captain avalon as well as the costume needs some working still, if I could suggest anithing to Tini H it would be to give some more thoughts to the concept because as it stands right now it is very bare bones.
    I agree here as well. Captain Avalon's role needs fleshing out so hopefully we'll see some of that. I'm hoping Arthur rehabilitates soon and things become stable between he and Mordred so that Brian can move on and decide what he wants to do next.

Incredible Member

Rejoice fellow subjects, the day has finally come, it’s Monarch’s Monday (fan-art by me ‘cause there’s basically zero fan-art of Jamie on the web):

OMG I am, I Um, I'll be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    OMG I am, I Um, I'll be right back.
    Haha, a most appropriate reaction to the piece. See you soon!

After the attempt on Lizzie's life, Carter arranges for her to stay at her next door neighbor Harley's apartment, who Carter has become friendly with. Harley is a musician who does live streams and also happens to be a coding and tech wiz. She's able to do some hacking and discovers the STRIKE gun was assigned to one of Lizzie's teammates. Realizing how deep the infiltration goes Carter returns to the office in hopes of finding out more details but is targeted as well and narrowly escapes thanks to their reality's Tony Stark. The next day the headlines say Captain Carter is wanted for treason.

At one point while doing research on the Prime Minister, Lizzie and Harley have a discussion about the overall class structure in England and we get some more insight on Lizzie's family and her motivations.

Lizzie admits that they're not entirely wrong.

Stark joins their small group and the four of them discover that the Prime Minister has been faking his identity and seems to be over 100 years old. They're totally confused except for Carter, who sneaks off on her own to kill him. Turns out he's a vampire! She's unsuccessful at killing him and gets arrested.

It's another interesting parallel how the media machine has been cranked up to turn on Carter and paint a dangerously false narrative. We even see Lizzie gets a headline on the bottom left and is included in the propaganda. It's all very similar to what our Betsy is currently dealing with. Lizzie and the others decide they need to bust Carter out of jail and they kidnap Lizzie's STRIKE chief to gain access and information they need. Thankfully they realize he hasn't been compromised yet so they share everything they know with him.

It's clear her reality's Britain also harbors fear and hatred for mutants so Lizzie has kept her powers a secret.

With the chief's help and some Stark tech to disguise themselves, the group is able to infiltrate the facility where Carter is being held. Harley is able to get in on the action too.

They're able to expose and take down the vampires, Harley streaming everything for the world to see. (She's gravely injured by one of the vamps but Stark, a cyborg in this reality, dismantles his arm to create a plate to prevent her from bleeding out.) The media narrative reverses and Carter and team are depicted as the heroes they are. Lizzie gets a promotion...

And the story ends with the three friends hanging out.

It's a fun little mini and we can see how important Lizzie is to Carter as she's one of the few people Carter has gotten to know so far. So if Lizzie is indeed under Morgan's control in BB:CB, it makes complete sense that Carter would come rushing in to help.

Until next time!