Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1133
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    In these three pages there are more words and spoken baloons than in a whole modern issue *bitter Hakka is bitter*
    They had fewer pages

Hoping it was clear that I was complaining how quick the reading of modern issues is.
    I've been surprised when a couple of days ago I re-read Excalibur (v2) and when I reached the end I noticed that an hour or more was gone. I was "seriously??! O.o" (emoji included)
    To "fill" the same hour, with modern issue, you have to pick all the X-line weekly release - and it's not enough.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Hoping it was clear that I was complaining how quick the reading of modern issues is.
    I've been surprised when a couple of days ago I re-read Excalibur (v2) and when I reached the end I noticed that an hour or more was gone. I was "seriously??! O.o" (emoji included)
    To "fill" the same hour, with modern issue, you have to pick all the X-line weekly release - and it's not enough.
    The last time I sat down with the New Mutants Classic vol. 3 trade paperback I was there for hours. No one was fonder of words than Chris Claremont in his prime.

Incredible Member

Yes! I like to READ comics, so yes the more words in it the more pleasant my ride!

Fanart Friday!

Corner box piece by Uko Smith for GalaxyCon 2023:

A big Brian fan showing off some of his collection including some custom figures:

Matthew Skipworth variant of issue #16 of crimsontt's BB:AOS comic:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah I'm really enjoying revisiting this series. I like the art plus any and all family interactions make my heart happy.

The below reminds me of how Betsy has been able to "feel" when her Corpsmen have been in danger as well. She has a history of precognition but I like the similarity all the same.

Sisters.

Love seeing the original uniform and this issue ended with a great cliffhanger.

BANNED

Can someone tell me what title and issue these frames are from?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Can someone tell me what title and issue these frames are from?
    They are from Excalibur Vol. 2, issue 2.

Throwback Thursday:

I love Wardog, I love his bickering with Cobweb, and I like the reference to having worked for time travellers, which of course were the Time Lords of Doctor Who fame in the backup stories Moore wrote for Marvel's Doctor Who magazine. Also great to see Brian tearing into the Special Executive before realising that there just isn't any point now that he has no way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Throwback Thursday:

I love Wardog, I love his bickering with Cobweb, and I like the reference to having worked for time travellers, which of course were the Time Lords of Doctor Who fame in the backup stories Moore wrote for Marvel's Doctor Who magazine. Also great to see Brian tearing into the Special Executive before realising that there just isn't any point now that he has no way back.
    I came to like Wardog and the Special Executive very quickly when reading this issue and the few afterwards. A bunch of bounty hunters just doing what they were paid for who eventually came to care about Brian to help him fight the Fury. His "Aahhh forget it" while dropping Legion is one of my favorite moments.

I don't often post the collages put together by fans but there's many funs ones out there. Happy Fanart Friday!

Art by Daniel Maine.

Pepe Larraz for CCXP 2023.

Since I just happened by it, and oldie (perhaps it was already shared at the time).
    Anyway.

by dimaiv-nov on Tumblr (IG dimaiv_nov)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I love that piece. I don't think I posted it before but I could have forgotten at this point. Thanks!

Since I just happened by it, and oldie (perhaps it was already shared at the time).
    Anyway.

by dimaiv-nov on Tumblr (IG dimaiv_nov)
    I love how my commissions are always bangers that people still post