Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Default The Braddock Family Appreciation 2023

2023 is set to be a big year for the Braddock family with the release of Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain in February! It's been a long time since we've seen them actively living together in Braddock Manor and this time around little Maggie Braddock and Rachel Summers will be along for the ride.

The 2022 thread in part served as a recap station for the classic Captain Britain Marvel UK stories, highlighting the early days of the Braddocks as well as the S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi-Division members. The first time the family was on panel together is captured on that first page of the thread, and you can find the start of the S.T.R.I.K.E. story, by the incomparable Alan Moore and Alan Davis, here.

This year's thread will close out the classic stories with Betsy's first time as Captain Britain, and of course serve as an additional place to post/discuss any and everything about the new series. We'll also summarize the inciting events that have led to the current status quo of Krakoa/Britain relations that the family will encounter in BB:CB. But first, collages!

Betsy Braddock, Captain Britain, is now in charge of Otherworld. She bucked the ancient Otherworld system thanks to the help of Rachel "Askani" Summers' timeline abilities, and no longer needs to answer to Saturnyne nor any Omniversal Majestrix/Majestor for that matter. After sentencing Merlyn to death and executing him, the magic within the Starlight Citadel was transferred to her Starlight Sword.
    Now she's returning to Britain to be Captain Britain for the people, whether the current government likes it or not.

Brian Braddock, Captain Avalon, assisted in the defeat of Merlyn's forces once the floodgates between Krakoa and Otherworld were opened. He announced that he would be taking young Modred under his wing as head knight of King Arthur's roundtable. Since it's been revealed that the new series will focus on the 616, and that Brian is said to play a big role, we'll get to see how he helps his twin sister deal with the likes of Morgan Le Fay and Coven Akkaba, as well as rising hostility towards mutants in Britain. It's personal for Brian as his wife, daughter, and both of his siblings are mutants.

Jamie Braddock, Monarch, was last seen on Krakoa after Coven Akkaba destroyed the lighthouse in Britain. He has thus far behaved himself and even helped terraform Mars. But when you have an Omega-level reality warper with a history of causing major headaches for the family, and eye must be kept on him. Plus he was holding Le Fay prisoner in his dungeon, and she's out for revenge...

A few months ago MentalMonarch on Twitter posted pages from the "Marvel Universe Map By Map" book specific to Otherworld:
    https://twitter.com/MentalMonarch/st...75965929275392

The pages below in particular cover the current era including the loss of the previous Captain Britain Corps, the war with Amenth, and the rise of Betsy:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwVX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwnX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwQW...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwPW...jpg&name=large

Last edited by JB; 02-01-2023 at 12:26 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Meggan Puceanu Braddock, Gloriana, served as High Priestess of Avalon under her brother-in-law King Jamie. It's safe to assume she'll be doing the same under King Arthur as her husband is one of his knights. The current mutant relations climate surely impacts her and her family, and Meggan will no doubt protect her daughter at all costs.

Quite precocious, Maggie Braddock has advanced intelligence for a young child. She helped Excalibur strategize during the war, and was confirmed a mutant when she walked through a Krakoan gate. It's not yet confirmed if her intelligence is her mutant power or if she's still to manifest others.
    I'm very excited to see more of her.

Rachel Summers, Askani, is one of the major reasons why Otherworld is now under the control of mutantkind. Her chronoskimming abilities, along with the reestablishment of her status as a multiversal anomaly, allows her to navigate timelines safely. Essentially taking the place of the Omniversal Majestrix, it will be interesting to see what "hard job" (as described in a recent article) she has in front of her. She was called "Askani" by the people of the Crooked Market in Otherworld, the bright lady of flame that their legends predicted would one day arrive.
    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:23 PM.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:24 PM.

May they propser and get awesome artist in 2023.

We now move into the final chapters of the Marvel UK stories. This is a pivotal story for Betsy that drastically changed the trajectory of her life. It's brutal and disturbing, in your face from the first page. This was also Betsy's first solo cover.

Previously... After saving her life, Gatecrasher teleports Brian and Meggan back to the present but without asking them where they wanted to go.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:24 PM.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:26 PM.

Betsy and Linda were a success. The media and the people loved them. Britain had national heroes again and they were uniting the people, saving the nation from the anarchy and collapse it was on the brink of. But then Linda left Betsy on her own. As we can see, these memories are flashing through Betsy's mind as she's being violently attacked.

Stay tuned...
    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:27 PM.

Happy New Year to the Braddocks and their fans .

Happy New Year once more Frontier and many more times over!

Now with just over a month and a half before the book's release I'm gonna need Marvel to get on the ball with promotional material, chop chop.

hmmm... how many Braddocks do we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    So in 616 there are 5: the twins, older brother Jamie, Meggan and little Maggie. Then there's Lizzie Braddock from Captain Carter's reality, and a few dozen Cap Britain Corps Braddocks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Marvel should add Spider-Man UK(William Braddock) to the list.

https://thecaptainbritainblog.wordpr...ng-spider-man/

I really wish we could see The Braddock family in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. It would make some of Spidey's stories interesting. Especially Betsy Braddock and Peter Parker teaming up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-UK

Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-03-2023 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel should add Spider-Man UK(William Braddock) to the list.

https://thecaptainbritainblog.wordpr...ng-spider-man/

I really wish we could see The Braddock family in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. It would make some of Spidey's stories interesting. Especially Betsy Braddock and Peter Parker teaming up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-UK

Agreed, there's plenty of history there for a new team-up with Parker. And it makes sense even for a tiny crossover with the Spider-Verse and Betsy and the Corps.

I'm fully onboard with a campaign to bring Billy Braddock back. Sign me up.

Fair warning:
    The brutality Betsy endures reaches an unprecedented level with this next recap. It's heartbreaking and a defining moment for her and Brian.

The Vixen, the one responsible for the murder of her friends and her lover, Tom Lennox.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 02:30 PM.