Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

If there is a movie on the way, I really hope Brian is Captain Britain. I love Betsy but I prefer her without this mantle, certainly as an introduction to her.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Not surprisingly I’d feel put out if Brian didn’t get to be Captain Britain in a Captain Britain movie, especially if they’re going to be drawing on characters and events from the Thorpe/Davis/Moore/Delano years.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah he may very well be being cheeky and responding to the rumors that have floated around. The timing is interesting what with a new CB series about to launch, and I still get the feeling Betsy and fam are being positioned for something beyond the comics. Perhaps there's some serious chatter out there but time will tell.
    Or Thorpe was just responding to rumours as there's some new ones floating around about what Henry Cavill supposedly said about playing the character.

I said it before and I'll say it again, given what the Captain Britain Corps concept is about, it would make a whole lot of sense if they were part of the Multiverse Saga ie get introduced within the next 2/3 years. Fingers crossed we hear something over the Summer for San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Or Thorpe was just responding to rumours as there's some new ones floating around about what Henry Cavill supposedly said about playing the character.

I said it before and I'll say it again, given what the Captain Britain Corps concept is about, it would make a whole lot of sense if they were part of the Multiverse Saga ie get introduced within the next 2/3 years. Fingers crossed we hear something over the Summer for San Diego.
    I agree with you. Seems to much of a big deal of a rumor to not have been picked up by some scooper before a comic book artist.

That being said, I agree with you and JBenito that that the Braddocks, Otherworld, Avalon and the Corps are too big of a chance and too connected to the Multiverse concept to not be introduced sooner rather than later.

I'm super curious to see Betsy on the silver screen, and even thought I would much more prefer her as just an X-Men, if they really want her to be CB, I'll accept it, as long as she's still a mutant, a telepath and has her lavender hair. And her posh, brave and rebellious personality.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    If there is a movie on the way, I really hope Brian is Captain Britain. I love Betsy but I prefer her without this mantle, certainly as an introduction to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Not surprisingly I’d feel put out if Brian didn’t get to be Captain Britain in a Captain Britain movie, especially if they’re going to be drawing on characters and events from the Thorpe/Davis/Moore/Delano years.
    If I'm being honest I'm with you both. Of course I would love Betsy as the headlining focus but I think from a business perspective it'd be smart to build the Captain Britain brand around Brian and have Betsy as a main character, his mutant telepath sister, perhaps an agent of STRIKE. She would eventually move to the X-Men movies and his franchise could continue alongside them.

I totally agree, the timing is perfect to bring the multiversal adventures of the Captain Britain world into the scene. I have this wishful-thinking hunch Thorpe got word that maybe other CB writers were contacted by Marvel Studios and his tweet is tinged with a salt.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree with you. Seems to much of a big deal of a rumor to not have been picked up by some scooper before a comic book artist.

That being said, I agree with you and JBenito that that the Braddocks, Otherworld, Avalon and the Corps are too big of a chance and too connected to the Multiverse concept to not be introduced sooner rather than later.

I'm super curious to see Betsy on the silver screen, and even thought I would much more prefer her as just an X-Men, if they really want her to be CB, I'll accept it, as long as she's still a mutant, a telepath and has her lavender hair. And her posh, brave and rebellious personality.
    Hear, hear!

They definitely should start with Brian as CB in the movies, while Betsy should get her own Agents of S.T.R.I.K.E spin-off with Slaymaster as the main antagonist.

If I'm being honest I'm with you both. Of course I would love Betsy as the headlining focus but I think from a business perspective it'd be smart to build the Captain Britain brand around Brian and have Betsy as a main character, his mutant telepath sister, perhaps an agent of STRIKE. She would eventually move to the X-Men movies and his franchise could continue alongside them.
    This would be ideal. She could be the model/club kid/rebelious/spy/mutant sister of the nerdy/glossy/sunny Brian. Adding to that their terribly crazy/unpredictable and charming older brother.

C'mon! Can't wait for the Braddocks to be introduced.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This would be my preferred setup as well. Basically exactly how it happened in the comics, with Betsy being part of Brian's supporting cast and an agent of STRIKE, since the MCU loves their agencies with a shady agenda.

It would be cool to see Betsy trying to infiltrate the Hellfire Club as part of a STRIKE operation, which could then bring her into contact with the X-Men... sort of like what happened with Moira in X-Men: First Class

I totally agree, the timing is perfect to bring the multiversal adventures of the Captain Britain world into the scene. I have this wishful-thinking hunch Thorpe got word that maybe other CB writers were contacted by Marvel Studios and his tweet is tinged with a salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They definitely should start with Brian as CB in the movies, while Betsy should get her own Agents of S.T.R.I.K.E spin-off with Slaymaster as the main antagonist.
    This would be ideal. She could be the model/club kid/rebelious/spy/mutant sister of the nerdy/glossy/sunny Brian. Adding to that their terribly crazy/unpredictable and charming older brother.

This would be my preferred setup as well. Basically exactly how it happened in the comics, with Betsy being part of Brian's supporting cast and an agent of STRIKE, since the MCU loves their agencies with a shady agenda.

It would be cool to see Betsy trying to infiltrate the Hellfire Club as part of a STRIKE operation, which could then bring her into contact with the X-Men... sort of like what happened with Moira in X-Men: First Class
    You all make valid points guys, starting with Brian seems to be the sensible route and will give them time to set Betsy up and give her an organic growth as character ….hey As long as they get the butterfly- purple hair and psionic weaponry right you won’t hear me complain …….I do worry about one thing actually….I’d like them to leave slymaster plucking her eyes out in the realm of “ugly things happening to heroines only in comics”, I have issues with some of the stuff certain writers inflicted on Betsy over the years
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

Agreed x3. The mutant model spy is classic stuff for Betsy and seeing her in combat action with a blazing butterfly (and lavender hair) would be incredible. I like the idea of the Hellfire Club at the very least being introduced via Betsy and her family's ties.

However they decide to bring them in I'm excited for the potential and I hope we're closer to that time than we may think!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You all make valid points guys, starting with Brian seems to be the sensible route and will give them time to set Betsy up and give her an organic growth as character ….hey As long as they get the butterfly- purple hair and psionic weaponry right you won’t hear me complain …….I do worry about one thing actually….I’d like them to leave slymaster plucking her eyes out in the realm of “ugly things happening to heroines only in comics”, I have issues with some of the stuff certain writers inflicted on Betsy over the years
    Absolutely this. Purple hair/butterfly/psionics are a must.

And I agree about the loss of the eyes. They can make Slaymaster a great antagonist for her without going that route. I'm still shocked every time I read those early stories and the things that happened to her.

Two more weeks.

And in case anyone hasn't seen it, a very relaxing time lapse video of Peach Momoko coloring her beautiful variant cover. Put on some soft music and enjoy.

https://twitter.com/peachmomoko60/st...90665566228482

I have decided to let my inner tina fey express my excitement

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I have decided to let my inner tina fey express my excitement

LOL Feasting! I'm really stoked too and I'm going to fully enjoy the ride. Sooo looking forward to seeing them all in action again.