Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Betsy better use her blade to cut Brusseau stupid ass beard, I wanna see him soil his gown out of fear
    LMAO yes!
    10char
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

-8 days

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

-8 days

Aww I love the beautiful psionic heart. That really is such a vibrant, colorful cover. Excited for the lettered preview later this week and eventually learning how those two Captains come together.

I've been thinking about the pro-Betsy pins Faiza told Wisdom about in the first issue and while exploring the web I stumbled upon these cute buttons by Valentine M. Smith.

She sells the buttons on her site and I'm super tempted to get the Outback collection. If she ends up creating pro-Betsy pins inspired by Faiza's comment, I will have no choice but to own them all.

Those are very cute!

I finally got around to reading issue #1 and I actually liked it a lot. It feels like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of this series now that the team is gone. Betsy's family and close friends make for a much better supporting cast. My only critcism as of now is that Rachel feels like an accessory. She's just along for the ride with no personal stakes so far, but there's time to fix that hopefully.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-21-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I finally got around to reading issue #1 and I actually liked it a lot. It feels like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of this series now that the team is gone. Betsy's family and close friends make for a much better supporting cast. My only critcism as of now is that Rachel feels like an accessory. She's just along for the ride with no personal stakes so far, but there's time to fix that hopefully.
    Glad to hear you liked it! I agree, the supporting cast is perfect and allows for the family vibe that I feel is somewhat missing in this era. I'm looking forward to all of the possible interactions in store.
    I can see what you mean about Rachel. I'm glad her powers are being explored in new ways and TH said she'll be exploring her Askani destiny more, what the sacred timeline is, etc. Hopefully that'll give Rachel some solid personal stakes and a strong direction for her. Preview for issue 2 should be out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I've been thinking about the pro-Betsy pins Faiza told Wisdom about in the first issue and while exploring the web I stumbled upon these cute buttons by Valentine M. Smith.

She sells the buttons on her site and I'm super tempted to get the Outback collection. If she ends up creating pro-Betsy pins inspired by Faiza's comment, I will have no choice but to own them all.
    Ooooh so they really do exist, thanks JB, gonna buy myself a present or two…
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ooooh so they really do exist, thanks JB, gonna buy myself a present or two…
    Awesome! I need to make an order myself. I would love to get my hands on some that say things like "I stand with Betsy!" or "I *heart* Mutant CB" etc. I'm going to gently mention these suggestions to the artist so let's see.

Reposting the Ramon Villalobos variant cover for next week's issue.

Such a cool cover and Morgan looks great. I wanna see her go nuts with magic spells so we can see how Betsy and crew counter her. Looking forward to Brian joining the action and to seeing what Wisdom and S.T.R.I.K.E. will be cooking up.

Awesome! I need to make an order myself. I would love to get my hands on some that say things like "I stand with Betsy!" or "I *heart* Mutant CB" etc. I'm going to gently mention these suggestions to the artist so let's see.

Reposting the Ramon Villalobos variant cover for next week's issue.

Such a cool cover and Morgan looks great. I wanna see her go nuts with magic spells so we can see how Betsy and crew counter her. Looking forward to Brian joining the action and to seeing what Wisdom and S.T.R.I.K.E. will be cooking up.
    I’d love to see Captain Britain & Morgan have a power showdown, I feel like we have’t seen Betsy properly cut loose in years

I’d love to see Captain Britain & Morgan have a power showdown, I feel like we have’t seen Betsy properly cut loose in years
    Yes please. I have a feeling Morgan is going to grow frustrated with not being successful in installing a faux captain and will end up attacking the nation. “If I can’t have it no one can” vibe. Then hopefully Betsy will face her head on in a very public power showdown.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I've been thinking about the pro-Betsy pins Faiza told Wisdom about in the first issue and while exploring the web I stumbled upon these cute buttons by

Ooh I love this one. It has always been my favorite costume for Betsy. Perhaps she will return to something similar some day. Unfortunately, I can't get into her Captain Britain book. Perhaps if it was another writer.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-22-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ooh I love this one. It has always been my favorite costume for Betsy. Perhaps she will return to something similar some day. Unfortunately, I can't get into her Captain Britain book. Perhaps if it was another writer.
    I would love for them to release an armor Betsy action figure. There are some great custom figures out there too.

Throwback Thursday with Brian.

That time he took a blow from Thor and then knocked the God of Thunder off his feet.

The mystery captain. There are a few theories on who this may be: Linda McQuillan, Kelsey Leigh, The Vixen (lol), Captain Carter, and Lizzie Braddock to name a few. The last two seem the most likely to me considering the cover of BB:CB issue #2:

My guess is Lizzie Braddock because Morgan Le Fay says, "surely you can't trust every version of yourself?" Plus it tracks that Captain Carter would join the fight considering her relationship with Lizzie, which is the perfect segue to highlight another member of the extended Braddock family.
    Well alright! From the pages of the BB:CB #2 preview we see that Lizzie Braddock is about to enter the field. I'm blowing these two moments up since the pages are blurry:

A big grin formed on my face when I read Lizzie's name. But can we first talk about how quickly Rachel was able to locate Lizzie through the multiverse and pulled up her LinkedIn profile? She's faster than google. Then we have Miss Braddock psychically reaching out to Brian who is in a different reality? It cannot be overstated how powerful these two women are and I loved Rachel displaying leadership with the Corps.

I'm really looking forward to next week.