Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well this applies going forward, if you have 20 pages for this month... are you gonna use one of them to throw in a backstory for the janitor? does the Janitor's backstory matter somehow?
    Let me start by saying how grateful I am to all Janitors across the globe for their great work, you do count guys, the pandemic showed us who the real essential workers are!
    As for the rest of the post while delving into the back history of the Braddock Clan may not be a priority right away it is still a possible source of inspiration for plots involving time displacement of the main heroes or resurfacing long forgotten enemies whith hundreds years old grudges….after all this is a thread about Braddock appreciation…do I really have to justify the interest in their ancestry?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Let me start by saying how grateful I am to all Janitors across the globe for their great work, you do count guys, the pandemic showed us who the real essential workers are!
    As for the rest of the post while delving into the back history of the Braddock Clan may not be a priority right away it is still a possible source of inspiration for plots involving time displacement of the main heroes or resurfacing long forgotten enemies whith hundreds years old grudges….after all this is a thread about Braddock appreciation…do I really have to justify the interest in their ancestry?
    Especially considering so little of their ancestry has been explored. There's so much that can be mined there and I find even what little we know of their parent's history fascinating.

A special congratulations to Betsy and Rachel for taking the 3rd spot in the CBR vote for:

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Best Romance/Kiss of the Year

NUMBER 3
    CAP BRITAIN AND ASKANI

Getting a total of 27 points

A few years back if I would have told you Captain Britain and Askani would become a couple, you probably thought I meant Brian Braddock and Cable. But no, it is Betsy and Rachel, what a surprise. Who here saw that coming? And we are gonna see more of them in the Upcoming Captain Britain series?

Their relationship is one of the many things I'm excited about for the series. The Braddocks living in the Manor on their own is always fun but adding Rachel to the mix is a delight.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Reading both of your posts really excites me and I agree Daedra, we've seen so little of this family's history and the iceberg is massive. A spin-off franchise centered on the Braddocks and all that Otherworld entails, plus adding Rachel and the Askani lore, would be a dream for me. Even right now with the current status quo, we have Otherworld protected and controlled by mutants and the gate to enter from Krakoa resides in Mercator, overseen by an Omega powerhouse. It's the kind of world-building I love and we've barely looked into the different realms.

As I'm reviewing Excalibur to summarize the Krakoa/Britain conflict, there's the scene where Apocalypse gets Jamie installed as king and A is practically giddy. "One of our most powerful mutants and truly, a Braddock? Otherworld's most powerful family?" And he's right, they're the First Family of Otherworld and that would be a great theme to their MCU position to Uncanny's point. *chef's kiss
    These are such fertile story points for an amazing high budget TV show! I'm sure Marvel is already aware of it. Can't wait for it to happen. The Braddock/Excalibur/Otherworld/Fae/S.T.R.I.K.E. corner of the MCU will be amazing and will feel so unique!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    These are such fertile story points for an amazing high budget TV show! I'm sure Marvel is already aware of it. Can't wait for it to happen. The Braddock/Excalibur/Otherworld/Fae/S.T.R.I.K.E. corner of the MCU will be amazing and will feel so unique!
    Yes! You see the vision and possibilities in the MCU for the family too. Your comment about their series being a mix of I believe Succession and Dr. Who remains in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yes! You see the vision and possibilities in the MCU for the family too. Your comment about their series being a mix of I believe Succession and Dr. Who remains in my brain.
    I really hope someone at marvel reads these boards even if it’s just to see what people like to discuss about
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

A few months ago MentalMonarch on Twitter posted pages from the "Marvel Universe Map By Map" book specific to Otherworld:
    https://twitter.com/MentalMonarch/st...75965929275392

The pages below in particular cover the current era including the loss of the previous Captain Britain Corps, the war with Amenth, and the rise of Betsy:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwVX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwnX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwQW...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwPW...jpg&name=large

They're a fun read while sipping a hot beverage. I might have to get the book.

Tomorrow I'll start recapping all that has transpired between Krakoa and Britain as we get closer to the launch of BB:CB!

Vasco Georgiev just raised my heart rate.

A few months ago MentalMonarch on Twitter posted pages from the "Marvel Universe Map By Map" book specific to Otherworld:
    https://twitter.com/MentalMonarch/st...75965929275392

The pages below in particular cover the current era including the loss of the previous Captain Britain Corps, the war with Amenth, and the rise of Betsy:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwVX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwnX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwQW...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhT-HwPW...jpg&name=large

They're a fun read while sipping a hot beverage. I might have to get the book.

Tomorrow I'll start recapping all that has transpired between Krakoa and Britain as we get closer to the launch of BB:CB!
    Hey JB these recaps are quite informative and useful especially for people approaching this side of the marvel universe just now, if you can you should really stick them in the front page of the thread so that they don’t get lost as the page rate grows, thank you and MetalMonarch for sharing the “loot” with us all!

Hot, Is that Betsy…and Rachel hand just about to undress her ? Is it from the upcoming issues or a commission?

Hey JB these recaps are quite informative and useful especially for people approaching this side of the marvel universe just now, if you can you should really stick them in the front page of the thread so that they don’t get lost as the page rate grows, thank you and MetalMonarch for sharing the “loot” with us all!

Hot, Is that Betsy…and Rachel hand just about to undress her ? Is it from the upcoming issues or a commission?
    You're welcome and great idea! I'll add them to the front page for easy access.

Yup that's Betsy and it looks like Rachel is zipping her up? Perhaps there's a ball or a Braddock Manor party is being thrown, or sexy date night. And it should be for an upcoming issue as Vasco likes to use "wip" when posting books. Here's one he posted of Meggan just before the new year.

As for the rest of the post while delving into the back history of the Braddock Clan may not be a priority right away it is still a possible source of inspiration for plots involving time displacement of the main heroes or resurfacing long forgotten enemies with hundreds years old grudges….after all this is a thread about Braddock appreciation…do I really have to justify the interest in their ancestry?
    Ah, but that's the point... When you go that way... it's the MAIN story, not mere backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ah, but that's the point... When you go that way... it's the MAIN story, not mere backstory.
    It’s true, The way information is delivered to the readers does make all the difference, the backstory could be served as the main story, it’s a balancing act, talented writers are like chefs, they know the right recipe to cook the perfect issue!

It'll be zipping her up. Only Lord Claremont is allowed to go full-on Sexmen by having everyone transfigured into tentacled Native Americans in bondage gear.

Lord Claremont made Betsy's back famous.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Loving this... Writers should always remember Betts is canonically naughty.

We're exactly 3 weeks away from the launch of Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain so I wanted to take a brief trip down memory lane to see how things started and left off between Krakoa and Britain. There was actually more content than I originally thought so I'll be posting these short summaries over the next 2 weeks. Love ya, butterflies!

That's how it always starts, doesn't it? A hatred for mutants. "Witchbreed", as Morgan Le Fay calls them. She orders her coven to hunt them down and find those responsible for putting her reign of Avalon at risk. A Krakoan gate attempted to appear in Avalon, a realm she invaded during the chaos that consumed Otherworld after the deaths of the original Captain Britain Corps. She was disgusted by the Krakoan flowers.

Being that the conquest of realms is the order of the day in Otherworld, Brian was willing to listen to the new regent's customer service complaint when she summoned him, until...

Le Fay casts a spell to corrupt Brian. Before he is fully corrupted he gives Betsy the amulet and she becomes Captain Britain. She’s sent back to Krakoa.

This all links to Britain because Marianna Stern, member of Le Fay’s coven, joins the vile group of wannabe wizards Coven Akkaba which operates in Britain. They're a cult with a focus on the rejection of mutantkind and, thanks to Stern, have now pledged allegiance to Le Fay.

Betsy and team travel to the Braddock Lighthouse in hopes of planting a Krakoan gate for easy access to Britain (where she can access Otherworld.) But the lighthouse is gone when they arrive. The local druids (who only Betsy can see at this time) show Betsy that the lighthouse was destroyed.

Let the record show that Coven Akkaba threw the first punch by destroying the lighthouse and the land it sat on which was the property of Brian Braddock. The druids were angry with the desecration so as shown, they granted permission for a new lighthouse to be built, which comes up from the ground thanks to Apocalypse's magic efforts. Inside the new lighthouse is a gate to Krakoa.
    Last edited by JB; 02-01-2023 at 09:40 AM.