Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Meggan watches in horror as volunteers walk up and allow themselves to be sacrificed, stabbed in the chest. She runs as the killings continue.

He walks with her until she's feeling better and thanks her for the info.

It doesn't take long before Jamie does something foolish. Stay tuned...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Meggan watches in horror as volunteers walk up and allow themselves to be sacrificed, stabbed in the chest. She runs as the killings continue.

He walks with her until she's feeling better and thanks her for the info.
    It doesn't take long before Jamie does something foolish. Stay tuned...
    Awesome recap Jb, you are always on point and I really appreciate how you are putting more focus on the plots elements with a long term relevance.

…. Even thought due to her kindness it may not look like it Meggan has the potential to be an awesome spy/infiltrator, her empathic abilities in conjunction with her shapeshifting powers make her a great asset, she can blend seamlessly into any situation and adapt instinctively to the harshest of environments, this is a woman that went to Hell (literally) and conquered it as Gloriana, never and I say never underestimate her, I’m glad Tini has been slowly but steadily put some focus back into her.

Last edited by Daedra; 02-06-2023 at 04:11 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Awesome recap Jb, you are always on point and I really appreciate how you are putting more focus on the plots elements with a long term relevance.

…. Even thought due to her kindness it may not look like it Meggan has the potential to be an awesome spy/infiltrator, her empathic abilities in conjunction with her shapeshifting powers make her a great asset, she can blend seamlessly into any situation and adapt instinctively to the harshest of environments, this is a woman that went to Hell (literally) and conquered it as Gloriana, never and I say never underestimate her, I’m glad Tini had been slowly but steadily put some focus back into her.

Thank you! It's fun weaving through the issues and pulling out the Britain/Krakoa plot. I remembered Coven Akkaba being bad news but I had somewhat forgotten just how wicked they were.

I need to get my hands on that issue because that scene of Meggan in Hell is amazing. I would see the name Gloriana in wiki's and other places but I didn't know where it came from. Her presence literally rallied a demon army behind her? Amazing.
    Even though she's quick to cry and get upset it's not because she's weak, just a highly sensitive empath. But when she's angry and determined, she should never be taken lightly.

Then of course she proceeds to beat the crap out of him because she's a natural scrapper. She's another powerhouse and it's exciting that there's soooo much more than can be explored with her and her background.

Thank you! It's fun weaving through the issues and pulling out the Britain/Krakoa plot. I remembered Coven Akkaba being bad news but I had somewhat forgotten just how wicked they were.

I need to get my hands on that issue because that scene of Meggan in Hell is amazing. I would see the name Gloriana in wiki's and other places but I didn't know where it came from. Her presence literally rallied a demon army behind her? Amazing.
    Even though she's quick to cry and get upset it's not because she's weak, just a highly sensitive empath. But when she's angry and determined, she should never be taken lightly.

Then of course she proceeds to beat the crap out of him because she's a natural scrapper. She's another powerhouse and it's exciting that there's soooo much more than can be explored with her and her background.
    You know, any urban dictionary explaining the term “bitchslap” should have a mandatory link to Excalibur#56 for visual support:

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Lol yes! Quintessential bitchslapping right there. His head almost popped off.

Jamie decides it's time to start creating the Captain Britain Corps again. This is before XoS. His actions here don't have a major impact on the larger story but there is an element to this I found interesting and have posted about before. Jamie creates an off-shoot pocket reality but instead of filling in the details himself, they are filled in by the thoughts and feelings of Betsy. The pocket reality manifests as a reflection of her greatest fear with regards to the current conflict. The opening data page and following panels tell the tale.

The reality collapses once this alt version of Betsy is killed via a missile attack by the British government. Her amulet shatters and the alt versions of Rogue, Rictor, Gambit, and Jubilee become Captains Britain when each holds a piece. (They are later put on trial for destruction as they are anomalies that shouldn't exist). Jamie's recklessness is yet another thing used against Betsy later.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2023 at 11:14 AM.

The reality collapses once this alt version of Betsy is killed via a missile attack by the British government. Her amulet shatters and the alt versions of Rogue, Rictor, Gambit, and Jubilee become Captains Britain when each holds a piece. Jamie's recklessness is yet another thing used against Betsy later.
    [/center]
    Ok, not going to lie, this is the one issue that left me a bit dumbfounded, leaving aside the arguments against the opportunity to screw with the flow of an already complex plot and story I have to wonder how Rogue, Rictor, Gambit and Jube were able to assume the CB identity considering it’s been established that Brian and Betsy can assume the mantle due to the inherent power they possess as otherworld’s descendants, am I missing something here?! Also I don’t want to anticipate too much but something tells these new alternate CB ended up as part of a scrapped plot element because unless my memory is playing tricks on me the way they were later used does not really justify the creative effort to establish them in the first place….

Ok, not going to lie, this is the one issue that left me a bit dumbfounded, leaving aside the arguments against the opportunity to screw with the flow of an already complex plot and story I have to wonder how Rogue, Rictor, Gambit and Jube were able to assume the CB identity considering it’s been established that Brian and Betsy can assume the mantle due to the inherent power they possess as otherworld’s descendants, am I missing something here?! Also I don’t want to anticipate too much but something tells these new alternate CB ended up as part of a scrapped plot element because unless my memory is playing tricks on me the way they were later used does not really justify the creative effort to establish them in the first place….
    Yeah that whole thing was likely scrapped and I like to chalk it up to Jamie's reality-warping hijinks. It's not explained here but the Omniversal Majestrix has a history of destroying worlds/realities or components of worlds that threaten the natural multiversal order of things (like in Claremont's House of M story she threatens to destroy 616 because Wanda caused everything to be out of wack.) These false CB's shouldn't have transformed just by touching the amulet and later in issue 24 Saturnyne puts them on trial for potential destruction because they shouldn't exist. Before the trial is over I believe Merlyn and Arthur attack the Citadel and we never see these CB's again, which is totally fine lol. This might have been around the time Howard was receiving and responding to feedback that there was too much going on in the book and she started stripping things down.

What happens when their hate for your kind overwhelms your sense of duty? I’ve looked at so many realities, Betsy Braddock. Hate wins far too often.
    - Opal Luna Saturnyne

X of Swords threw a major wrench in Krakoan/British relations because of Saturnyne's spell shattering Betsy's body. She was lost for a time in different realities and of course her enemies in Britain used her disappearance to their advantage.

Brousseau suggests that Wisdom go to Krakoa to find Betsy and/or Brian. Wisdom takes the nearest Krakoa gate and while working through the transit system runs into Excalibur. They're moving into the lighthouse as that's likely where Betsy will go if/when she returns. He breaks down the current situation to them.

(I'm with Julio.)
    Wisdom tells them that he wants to get to the lighthouse because it seemed odd that Brousseau was alone when they met. Marianna Stern is usually attached to his hip so Wisdom suspects she might be targeting the lighthouse, again. He is correct.

Stay tuned...

Wait, what? My brain just exploded, how should we interpret this?

David Thorpe
    https://twitter.com/DavidKThorpe/sta...05574483832833

Thorpe wrote the Captain Britain stories for Marvel UK in the early 80's. He created Saturnyne, Mad Jim Jaspers, and the term "616" which Alan Moore put on the actual page.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2023 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

David Thorpe

Thorpe wrote the Captain Britain stories for Marvel UK in the early 80's. He created Saturnyne, Mad Jim Jaspers, and the term "616" which Alan Moore put on the actual page.
    Wow... OK. This does not seem to have been picked up anywhere yet - I wonder if Thorpe is being cheeky or if he knows something we don't, which I suppose is entirely possible? My head also exploded... need... more... information... now...

David Thorpe

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Wow... OK. This does not seem to have been picked up anywhere yet - I wonder if Thorpe is being cheeky or if he knows something we don't, which I suppose is entirely possible? My head also exploded... need... more... information... now...
    That’s very exciting to read but I need to know more….

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That’s very exciting to read but I need to know more….
    Yeah he may very well be being cheeky and responding to the rumors that have floated around. The timing is interesting what with a new CB series about to launch, and I still get the feeling Betsy and fam are being positioned for something beyond the comics. Perhaps there's some serious chatter out there but time will tell.