Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

And of course battle-ready Brian on the final page. Beautiful.

Last edited by JB; 05-31-2023 at 03:12 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Happy Pride!

Fanart Friday!
    (I'm starting to forget which pieces I've posted so if there are any repeats, my apologies but we get to enjoy them again. :-D )

@havok_core's Pokemon style card.

By Mike McKone

This is a fan edit by @letsquotexmen utilizing art by the incredible David Nakayama and Lucas Werneck.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Fanart Friday!
    (I'm starting to forget which pieces I've posted so if there are any repeats, my apologies but we get to enjoy them again. :-D )

By Mike McKone

This is a fan edit by @letsquotexmen utilizing art by the incredible David Nakayama and Lucas Werneck.

Mike McKone's art is always a treat... such a shame he doesn't do much internal art anymore these days. And the second piece of fan/edit is drop-dead gorgeous, I love how it captures the essence of both Ray and Betsy perfectly.

Fanart Friday!

First picture I've seen where she looks taller than Rachel.

Fanart Friday!

By Mike McKone

I love all of this, especially the fan art with Betsy and Rachel, this is exactly how I envision them: statuary, mysterious and dangerously beautiful
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Mike McKone's art is always a treat... such a shame he doesn't do much internal art anymore these days. And the second piece of fan/edit is drop-dead gorgeous, I love how it captures the essence of both Ray and Betsy perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    First picture I've seen where she looks taller than Rachel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I love all of this, especially the fan art with Betsy and Rachel, this is exactly how I envision them: statuary, mysterious and dangerously beautiful
    I love that fan piece too. Dangerously beautiful is a great description. There's something very "spy" about it like I can see them at an event in those gorgeous outfits gathering intel. The spy direction has a lot of possibilities the more I think about it and serves as a nice contrast to the powerhouse superhero cape moments they give us.

Highlighting her appearance in the latest issue of BB:CB for this Meggan Monday!
    Followed by a breakdown of some of the things I really liked about the issue.

She looked beautiful and I loved her hand on her hip and overall expression when talking to the nosy reporter. She also let Jamie have it with the rest of the family, bringing up a very important point.

Highlights for me:

- Betsy confidently fencing with Tony Stark while exchanging fun banter. She made a very convincing case for requesting the help of the Avengers and Tony was fully onboard.
    - Another peek into the Askani timeline and the overall lore. I'm extremely interested in this and hope it gets further explored in the future.
    - The Braddock family showing up to the charity event as a unit was beautiful to see. As Daedra said in the review thread, it highlighted their standing as socialites. I like that it was their PR people that arranged the event to counter the tabloid narratives.
    - Betsy speaking to the press and introducing Rachel as her girlfriend publicly was such a joy, especially as this issue came out on the eve of pride month. Her admitting to being nervous and keeping her powers in check so not to "hear" what the crowd was thinking was endearing. Yet she still confidently interacted with the crowd and the press which is a nice indication of how comfortable she's become in her own body again.
    - The fans showing her adoration and love truly warmed my heart. My favorite scene was the man asking her to sign his copy of her magazine spread as Britain's Most Beautiful Woman. She was famous before the world knew she was a mutant and she's still being showered with love despite it being public knowledge. That to me is an example of great progress for mutant/human relations and serves as inspiration for what is possible. It's fully canon now that there is a segment of the public that openly supports her.
    - The team-up with the Avengers was a dream. X-Men teaming up with them isn't anything new but for this brand new squad of Avengers to follow Betsy's lead in dealing with the Fury was next level great. They treated her like a peer, calling her "captain" (and even "cap") and were more than happy to assist. This is huge for me because while she's of course spent panel time with the Avengers, never has she truly been the focus of such cooperation in this way.
    - I like that she utilized the magic in her Starlight Sword to finish the takedown of the Fury. There's still so much potential regarding Betsy and magic that's been mostly untapped.
    - The power of the Fury is being respected as it took a team of mighty superheroes to knock it down and it still started to mend itself right away.
    - The inclusion of Jamie was a treat and I love how he's willing to help his family with his omega powers. On the flip side, his shortsighted decision caused quite the ruckus. It was a smart move on Morgan and Doom's part as it somewhat ties Betsy's hands, who normally would rather chop their heads off. It's forcing her and the family to be strategic. Jamie continues to be so interesting to me in this era. He wants to do good but he has no intention of being a hero. He just wants to walk around in his king regalia. He's an enigma and as one fan on another forum put it:
    "1) he's an unfathomable creature of faerie logic, where he has his own internal code of behavior but its idiosyncratic and difficult for a person bound by normal laws to grasp. he's doing something that feels internally consistent to his system of obligations but is grievously raunchy to everybody else
    2) he's a little dipshit sitting saucily in a chair
    "
    - Maggie getting some spotlight for the final scene was fun and I love the return of her doll strategy meetings. It's cute how fans in-universe are creating custom figures of Betsy and the Braddocks, and that it was Faiza who provided Maggie with them.
    - S.T.R.I.K.E. entering the fight is exciting and I'm really looking forward to the spy stuff next issue.
    - The final page was powerful. Brian wanting to privately take on the Fury is a bit crazy but that's what I love about it. He hasn't forgotten what that creature did to him and so many others, and it seems he wants to end it once and for all.

I'm very much looking forward to issue #5!

\

Wow! This is amazing! His art is always so perfect for my taste! And this is Betsy for me. First time in years someone draws Betsy and it feels like her. She has to be sexy and posh IMO.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Highlighting her appearance in the latest issue of BB:CB for this Meggan Monday!
    Followed by a breakdown of some of the things I really liked about the issue.

She looked beautiful and I loved her hand on her hip and overall expression when talking to the nosy reporter. She also let Jamie have it with the rest of the family, bringing up a very important point.

Highlights for me:

- Betsy confidently fencing with Tony Stark while exchanging fun banter. She made a very convincing case for requesting the help of the Avengers and Tony was fully onboard.
    - Another peek into the Askani timeline and the overall lore. I'm extremely interested in this and hope it gets further explored in the future.
    - The Braddock family showing up to the charity event as a unit was beautiful to see. As Daedra said in the review thread, it highlighted their standing as socialites. I like that it was their PR people that arranged the event to counter the tabloid narratives.
    - Betsy speaking to the press and introducing Rachel as her girlfriend publicly was such a joy, especially as this issue came out on the eve of pride month. Her admitting to being nervous and keeping her powers in check so not to "hear" what the crowd was thinking was endearing. Yet she still confidently interacted with the crowd and the press which is a nice indication of how comfortable she's become in her own body again.
    - The fans showing her adoration and love truly warmed my heart. My favorite scene was the man asking her to sign his copy of her magazine spread as Britain's Most Beautiful Woman. She was famous before the world knew she was a mutant and she's still being showered with love despite it being public knowledge. That to me is an example of great progress for mutant/human relations and serves as inspiration for what is possible. It's fully canon now that there is a segment of the public that openly supports her.
    - The team-up with the Avengers was a dream. X-Men teaming up with them isn't anything new but for this brand new squad of Avengers to follow Betsy's lead in dealing with the Fury was next level great. They treated her like a peer, calling her "captain" (and even "cap") and were more than happy to assist. This is huge for me because while she's of course spent panel time with the Avengers, never has she truly been the focus of such cooperation in this way.
    - I like that she utilized the magic in her Starlight Sword to finish the takedown of the Fury. There's still so much potential regarding Betsy and magic that's been mostly untapped.
    - The power of the Fury is being respected as it took a team of mighty superheroes to knock it down and it still started to mend itself right away.
    - The inclusion of Jamie was a treat and I love how he's willing to help his family with his omega powers. On the flip side, his shortsighted decision caused quite the ruckus. It was a smart move on Morgan and Doom's part as it somewhat ties Betsy's hands, who normally would rather chop their heads off. It's forcing her and the family to be strategic. Jamie continues to be so interesting to me in this era. He wants to do good but he has no intention of being a hero. He just wants to walk around in his king regalia. He's an enigma and as one fan on another forum put it:
    "1) he's an unfathomable creature of faerie logic, where he has his own internal code of behavior but its idiosyncratic and difficult for a person bound by normal laws to grasp. he's doing something that feels internally consistent to his system of obligations but is grievously raunchy to everybody else
    2) he's a little dipshit sitting saucily in a chair
    "
    - Maggie getting some spotlight for the final scene was fun and I love the return of her doll strategy meetings. It's cute how fans in-universe are creating custom figures of Betsy and the Braddocks, and that it was Faiza who provided Maggie with them.
    - S.T.R.I.K.E. entering the fight is exciting and I'm really looking forward to the spy stuff next issue.
    - The final page was powerful. Brian wanting to privately take on the Fury is a bit crazy but that's what I love about it. He hasn't forgotten what that creature did to him and so many others, and it seems he wants to end it once and for all.

I'm very much looking forward to issue #5!
    Awesome post my friend, you managed to sum up perfectly all the major highlights and recent developments, I’m anticipating issue 5 and I’m expecting the read to be quite entertaining.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love your recap Jbenito and love that Mondays are Meggan Mondays!

I miss her having a larger role in stories the way she did in the original Excalibur, and even in the short but excellent works of Paul Cornell, but have been enjoying her presence in the various Betsy comics recently and also the cuteness that is Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Awesome post my friend, you managed to sum up perfectly all the major highlights and recent developments, I’m anticipating issue 5 and I’m expecting the read to be quite entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love your recap Jbenito and love that Mondays are Meggan Mondays!

I miss her having a larger role in stories the way she did in the original Excalibur, and even in the short but excellent works of Paul Cornell, but have been enjoying her presence in the various Betsy comics recently and also the cuteness that is Maggie.
    Thank you, my friends! I miss Meggan having larger roles as well and it would be great if she was kept in the X-world for a little while post BB:CB. Her Otherworldly-fae nature has so much potential for exploration. Maggie as well is bursting with future potential. Really looking forward to #5!

Throwback Thursday! The Braddocks and mind control, amirite?

Meggan. Still needs some sorting out, but I’m approaching burnout on this one.
    Last edited by Panic; 06-09-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Meggan. Still needs some sorting out, but I’m approaching burnout on this one.
    I love it! I love how you gave her that orange turtleneck from her early days and her bestial form is just too cute. Well done!