Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Unfortunately Betsy is unable to hold Horde back as he approaches the crystal's chamber where Storm and Logan are. This being the Braddock thread I won't get into specifics about what happens next but we are gifted with beautiful pages by Davis as Wolverine basically becomes transcendent via the crystal and saves the day, while naked of course. I highly recommend reading the issue if possible.

Storm suddenly wakes up back at the mansion. Was it all just a dream? The team compares notes and finds they shared the same dream. They each ponder all that they were shown. Ultimately it was a test. Other species received the test and those that chose to use the crystal's power were transformed into lifeless statues guarding the citadel. Their species frozen in evolutionary place. But thanks to the X-Men, humanity passed the test.

More classic story highlights to come, mixed in with content from Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain as released. Hoping for some more art teases with tomorrow's X-Men Monday.
    I always loved this story and Psylocke's metal warrior form. I remember when Betsy was first turned into a ninja, my mind immediately went back to this Annual to make a link to how that transformation was all about wish fulfilment for her, in true (if somewhat twisted) Siege Perilous fashion.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I always loved this story and Psylocke's metal warrior form. I remember when Betsy was first turned into a ninja, my mind immediately went back to this Annual to make a link to how that transformation was all about wish fulfilment for her, in true (if somewhat twisted) Siege Perilous fashion.
    Exactly, and I like the link between this issue and her deciding to don an armor a little later on. It spoke to the hard exterior vibe of the metal warrior, and then it was always interesting to me how once she was actually transformed, she wore very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    LOL Brian and Meggan thought so too. Yet I love how Storm is looking at her like, "I get it, sis."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fanart Friday! A nice showcase of the family from @x_cerpts on Twitter from a couple of years ago.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:27 PM.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Fanart Friday! A nice showcase of the family from @x_cerpts on Twitter from a couple of years ago.

I adore Betsy's Disassembled costume and Brian's dark blue hues here.

They’re great. Betsy with the psi-knife is my favourite, though little Maggie is very cute.

Exactly, and I like the link between this issue and her deciding to don an armor a little later on. It spoke to the hard exterior vibe of the metal warrior, and then it was always interesting to me how once she was actually transformed, she wore very little.

LOL Brian and Meggan thought so too. Yet I love how Storm is looking at her like, "I get it, sis."
    80’s Claremont Storm was something else…so fringe and yet based
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I adore Betsy's Disassembled costume and Brian's dark blue hues here.
    Hoping we see the Disassembled look resurface once again at some point, or a happy medium with the current.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    They’re great. Betsy with the psi-knife is my favourite, though little Maggie is very cute.
    I really enjoy their work. Maggie's little ponytail is adorable.

80’s Claremont Storm was something else…so fringe and yet based
    Such a presence to this era's Storm. This was around the time I started reading comics and she and Betsy instantly became my top 2. All these years later and they still are.

The previous and current background images of Captain Bradd⊗ck's (@BraddockClan) Twitter profile. Stunning.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:33 PM.

Such a presence to this era's Storm. This was around the time I started reading comics and she and Betsy instantly became my top 2. All these years later and they still are.
    I have loved Betsy as well ever since She joined the x-men, her use of tp at the time was always original and refreshing and she had an aura of mystery about her, I think that out of the new krakoan set up she still holds the most untapped potential, tini has done her best but I think something is still missing to light the spark.

I have loved Betsy as well ever since She joined the x-men, her use of tp at the time was always original and refreshing and she had an aura of mystery about her, I think that out of the new krakoan set up she still holds the most untapped potential, tini has done her best but I think something is still missing to light the spark.
    Agreed. Claremont's OG Psylocke was edgy, sexy, mysterious, and had an air of shady moral ambiguity underneath the girlish British propriety. He gave everyone's character so much nuance and weight.

I'm hoping with all the hope I can hope that her solo will finally give her the focus to take Betsy to greater places. In the preview it looks like she's doing something different-ish with her powers and that's a hopeful sign. I want it to do well not only for Betsy but for the future of female mutant solos.

I was just thinking how by the time issue #1 is released next month, there will be a healthy number of books featuring the names of solo characters on their covers, standing next to the standard team books on the shelves. Betsy, Storm, Bishop, Nightcrawler(s). Then Rogue & Gambit and X-23 join in March. That's pretty neat.
    Last edited by JB; 01-21-2023 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted post.
    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:34 PM.

It's a Captain Britain thing.

Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:35 PM.