Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Gatecrasher was such a weird villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Throwback Thursday: Alan Davis's first issue of Excalibur as writer.

Hehehehe, this lil HBH made me laugh. Look at all of their faces as they are trying to figure out just what he is saying...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fanart Friday!

Yesterday Cadence Comic Art tweeted that Mahmud Asrar's commission requests sold out (in about 6 hours!) and they used his recent Betsy piece as the front image.

Patrick Goddard has recently posted some incredible Braddock work. Here's two of his pieces and I'll post more next week.

Last edited by JB; 09-08-2023 at 07:07 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Gatecrasher was such a weird villain.
    She sort of reminded me of the chief Blue Meanie in The Yellow Submarine.

I'm going to need an X-Men Unlimited Infinity comic of Maggie and Rachel discussing multiversal theory, perhaps while bouncing around different realities as Maggie records data.

What is Meggan doing in this panel? Betsy is using TK but Meggan is doing what?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    What is Meggan doing in this panel? Betsy is using TK but Meggan is doing what?
    It's a good question and I'd chalk that up to the ether portion of her elemental manipulation.
    "Meggan has used her elemental powers to affect man-made objects, such as actually making the atoms in a building's roof move apart, creating a hole in the roof that resealed itself (without a trace of ever having had a hole in it) once Meggan had passed through it (which suggests that Meggan's elemental powers may have a Telekinetic quality)."

It says she's also commanded magnetic fields before so that could be a possibility also. She's apparently a jack of all trades lol.

Ah, interesting. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Ah, interesting. Thanks!
    My pleasure!

Throwback Thursday:

This was really Davis trying to tidy up dangling plot threads and character problems from Claremont's run. AD uses the 'Blunderer Jinx' to explain why Brian was quite so useless during CC's tenure as writer; the previous page had AD dealing with the Excalibur Annual (was it an annual or just a special? I can't remember) that didn't really work with the continuity, and he's pretty brutal in the way he points out it doesn't make sense. Davis tends to be very straight-talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Throwback Thursday:

This was really Davis trying to tidy up dangling plot threads and character problems from Claremont's run. AD uses the 'Blunderer Jinx' to explain why Brian was quite so useless during CC's tenure as writer; the previous page had AD dealing with the Excalibur Annual (was it an annual or just a special? I can't remember) that didn't really work with the continuity, and he's pretty brutal in the way he points out it doesn't make sense. Davis tends to be very straight-talking.
    I really enjoyed Davis' run as writer and penciler of Excalibur. I was very young when I first read the title so I recently reread it and was so pleased with all the lore Davis packed into issue 50 particularly. He had a great handle on the classic characters while introducing interesting new ones like Feron and Cerise.

It's Fanart Friday!

The twins by Des Hegarty.

Meggan by David Boehmke.

Darrius Anderson coloring a piece of the twin captains by Wilton Santos.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Big fan of the Braddocks (OBVIOUSLY) love to see a Excalibur and or a Captain Britain Corps series in the future. In the 90's always wanted to see Justice League Europe or Stormwatch do a crossover with Excalibur.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Big fan of the Braddocks (OBVIOUSLY) love to see a Excalibur and or a Captain Britain Corps series in the future. In the 90's always wanted to see Justice League Europe or Stormwatch do a crossover with Excalibur.
    The more I think about it the more I lean into the possibility that the upcoming Steve Foxe project for Betsy is something Excalibur-ish. I'd love that and it would be fun to have a Marvel Unlimited series following some of the Corps members.

Somewhat related, here are the G.O.D.S. pages from Scarlet Witch #7 & The Amazing Spider-Man #32. It's cool to see Sevalith, the vampire kingdom of Otherworld, making cameos.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The more I think about it the more I lean into the possibility that the upcoming Steve Foxe project for Betsy is something Excalibur-ish. I'd love that and it would be fun to have a Marvel Unlimited series following some of the Corps members.

Somewhat related, here are the G.O.D.S. pages from Scarlet Witch #7 & The Amazing Spider-Man #32. It's cool to see Sevalith, the vampire kingdom of Otherworld, making cameos.

It was a very pleasant surprise to see Sevalith on those teaser pages for G.O.D.S. - it would be cool for Otherworld to branch out to the wider Marvel Universe and start being used as a setting in non-X-titles.