Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Spectacular Member

is there anything news today?
    Last edited by froggyisnewtocomics; 06-11-2023 at 08:06 AM.

So basically Iceman beats the **** out of Nimrod for a bit but then Nimrod get that’s thing in or on him.

And that makes him need to be in a temperature controlled area like the Arctic/Antarctic.

Did you all guess this already too.

Astonishing Member

Gets what thing in or on him? Not sure what this is referencing?

Tbh I don't have the sense that he's staying in Antarctica to regulate his own temperature - that doesn't really track as he can control temperatures around him so anywhere he is can be the equivalent of Antarctica, he doesn't need his surroundings to be sub-zero, he makes them that way. Plus they've done that plot soooo many times between Mutant X, his secondary mutation or whatever, etc, etc.

The solicits for Astonishing Iceman mention a situation developing at his Antarctica Ice Palace that forces him to stay or relocate or keep going back there so I actually think its the opposite....he's not in Antarctica because he needs to be there for his own sake, but he's staying there because there's something there or that he put there that he needs to keep on ice.....and its a good location for him because whatever he's trying to keep contained or preserved there, it being Antarctica keeps it from thawing even during times when he can't be there personally, because he's off saving someone somewhere else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ah gotcha. I mean, we'll see in the Hellfire Gala issue but personally I don't think that's a longlasting thing, just part of his attack against Bobby which maybe kills or destroys his body and takes him out of the fight temporarily? But I don't see anything in the promo art or Orlando's answers that suggest to me that Bobby has a longterm injury or health issue because of his fight against Nimrod, so I'm assuming that was just part of the fight and he's in Antarctica for different reasons. *Shrugs* Could be wrong, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ah, that's how he's taken out of the fight then.
    On the effects of it I prefer to wait for the real issues and go with Bobbysworld wild but always informed theories.

Not a drill !
    Nick Robles (mostly famous here for very very sexy pictures of Nightcrawler) is doing an Iceman pin-up over on his patreon !
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/iceman...tent=join_link

Like David Talaski, since he's been hired by Marvel I don't think it will be TOO risky but it will certainly look good !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Not a drill !
    Nick Robles (mostly famous here for very very sexy pictures of Nightcrawler) is doing an Iceman pin-up over on his patreon !
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/iceman...tent=join_link

Like David Talaski, since he's been hired by Marvel I don't think it will be TOO risky but it will certainly look good !
    OooOh. I love Bobby pin-ups.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Does anyone have a list of Bobby's major appearances/storylines since HoX/PoX? After reading the first issue of Astonishing Iceman it made me curious if I'd missed anything earlier on before I came back from the break I'd taken from comics.

I mean, he was within the primary Marauder's cast.
    Planet Sized X-Men was a huge moment for him.

Luciano Vecchio's 4 issue limited series on Marvel Unlimited is a gem worth checking with significant status quo changes.

Then he'd been part of Duggan's X-Men, until the Gala -- oh, but also there was an appearance/participation in Steve Orlando's Mutant First Strike.
    And now we have the Astonishing arc.

Am I missing anything, friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I mean, he was within the primary Marauder's cast.
    Planet Sized X-Men was a huge moment for him.

Luciano Vecchio's 4 issue limited series on Marvel Unlimited is a gem worth checking with significant status quo changes.

Then he'd been part of Duggan's X-Men, until the Gala -- oh, but also there was an appearance/participation in Steve Orlando's Mutant First Strike.
    And now we have the Astonishing arc.

Am I missing anything, friends?
    So really all I missed was Marauders and the Unlimited series. Thanks!

Quick reminder - in two weeks!

Marvel's Voices: X-Men #1
    A first look at new stories from throughout mutant history in 'Marvel's Voices: X-Men' #1, which arrives on August 16

All year long, Marvel Comics proudly spotlights diverse storytelling in various titles as well as star-studded MARVEL’S VOICES anthologies! Whether focused on certain communities or zooming in on specific corners of the Marvel Universe, Marvel’s Voices proves that the Marvel Universe truly is the world outside your window.

"CRYO-THERAPY" Starring Storm and Iceman

Written by JAY JURDEN
    Art by WILTON SANTOS
    Inks by OREN JUNIOR
    Colors by ANDREW DALHOUSE

Comedian and TV writer Jay Jurden (The Problem With Jon Stewart) makes his Marvel Comics debut alongside artist Wilton Santos with a spotlight on Storm and Iceman! See two of the X-Men’s most powerful members bond about being Omega-level mutants as they push each other to new heights!

http://www.marvel.com/articles/comic...ide-first-look

Is there a place for AoA Iceman even if it’s a small place here and there like 2099? I think that would be cool to imagine…

Little over a week away till our Astonishing finale!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Wow, I just realized it's taken over six months for this thread to go a page...