Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh no, its Bobby and Johnny First Class nostalgia hours....

Is Bobby checking out Johnny's pectorals in the last panel instead of looking at the scanner? Can't unsee it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Is Bobby checking out Johnny's pectorals in the last panel instead of looking at the scanner? Can't unsee it.
    Oh I absolutely see that too, but I wasn't sure if it was just me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well yes....it does indeed appear so, lol! And just look at Bobby grinning away!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Random thought, but you know what kinda is of more interest to me about Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends than just the focus on Firestar and Bobby as iconic friends? I wonder if the focus on that cartoon's nostalgia factor could be used to introduce a 616 version of Bobby's half-sister from that cartoon. Her name was Aurora Dante aka Lightwave, and she was a SHIELD agent and mutant with the power to basically do with light what Bobby does with ice, up to having a light-wave form she could turn into. Hence, y'know, her name.

Anyway, she was only ever in like one episode as far as I can recall, and she was Bobby's half-sister (can't remember if they had the same dad or mom). I honestly don't even remember if she was supposed to be older or younger than Bobby, but point is, with the recent death of Bobby's dad, they could do a classic family secrets kinda storyline where when Bobby goes through some of his dad's old things to help his mom out, he discovers his dad had a child from a previous relationship he'd never talked about - maybe because that kid was a mutant too. That could be a fairly streamlined way to introduce Rory into the comics.....and yeah, longlost X-Men siblings is a trope that's been done to death but its also a classic for a reason. And this would be waaaaay simpler than a lot of the other storylines that have been used to give long-time X-Men siblings no one has ever heard of before.

*Shrugs* Just a thought, but curious if anyone else remembers Lightwave and has any thoughts about seeing her make a 616 debut at some point. Especially if she's SHIELD affiliated or working for some kind of organization that would put her at direct odds with her newfound half-brother and his own loyalties, but without necessitating her being an actual antagonist or villain like so many X-siblings. And thematically, there's a lot that could be done with Bobby mourning his dad and the lack of closure he got with him after the infamously contentious relationship they had....only to turn around and find out in the wake of this that he has more family than he ever knew....but whether or not he'll end up any closer to them than he was with his dad - even with them both being mutants - is up in the air.
    I wasn't aware of the character but now I want to see her ! Light based characters are kinda cool, and a lightform can be really interesting !

BANNED

Default On Any Given Day, THIS COULD BE ME, 2 of three!!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

ALWAYS tryin' to reach & stay in that ZEN place...

but w/BACKBONE & ready to go...
    FERAL @any moment, for what I believe in...

Good for Bobby. It is about time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I liked that chaotic ice look. I don't remember the artist, it kinda looks like that guy who worked on X-man long ago.

BANNED

I like how he looks in the 2nd panel, especially. It's from 2005's X-Men #180 & believe it or not, the artist is Salvador Larroca. There's a slight touch of manga/anime energy to the overall vibe that really works for me & I appreciate. Not on the same level as Joe Mad, but that is who 1st came to mind when thinking about it.

Wow that's Larroca ?? I wish he kept this style instead of going back to tracing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Wow that's Larroca ?? I wish he kept this style instead of going back to tracing.
    That's Roger Cruz. Larocca is much better
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Ah thanks it waskinda weird.
    I hugely dislike Larocca's late work, loved when it had a bit of an anime style.

BANNED

My bad, that it's actually Cruz would be correct. When doing a quick search, I looked at & took info from the results only, without ever clicking on any of the links for a full, credits breakdown. I did hesitate & question it, though, as being familiar w/Larocca's work there was a bit of a disconnect between them. Anway, Sal did do the cover:

Whether it's better or not would be speaking...
    subjectively, of course.

MORE IMPORTANTly, tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Some art and info from Gerry...

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...29084392116224
    "...and Stefano Caselli 🙏 beautifully illustrates...
    WHY you shouldn't make an enemy of Iceman. A really wild 2023 is gonna hit like a ton of bricks in X-Men."

... Love seeing [THIS] Iceman and I hope big things are indeed on the way for him.

Also this interesting tweet from Duggan:
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...31107871145984

"We had our regular Krakoa zoom today and went over details for Fall Of X that have been ratified since Marauders had the placeholder title of "Buccaneers". We're still executing on major outline beats from...2018. Tray tables up, folks. Hope you survive the experience."...

I have a feeling they're about to get back on the main road and that's what Fall of X is all about. All I know is that I'm excited!
    "... shouldn't make an enemy of Iceman..." is a curious, REALLY INTERESTING choice of words, that I like VERY MUCH!! If ya know, you know, aye Jben? 😏😉

But FINALLY, we seem to be pickin' up right from where Marauders left him, and when I was A LOT more eXcited about his future prospects. Hopefully, this means Duggan will stick to what was workin' & already had Bobby ridin' his BEST, high wave of recognition, IN YEARS!!

Astonishing Member

Spoor could've told you it wasn't a good idea to make an enemy of Iceman all the way back in Uncanny X-Men #300.

This is just a blatant excuse to show this panel, because it always cracked me up. "Here I was hoping for a splat" lolol I love when Bobby's just an unapologetic ******* to the bad guys.

Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-26-2023 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    My bad, that it's actually Cruz would be correct. When doing a quick search, I looked at & took info from the results only, without ever clicking on any of the links for a full, credits breakdown. I did hesitate & question it, though, as being familiar w/Larocca's work there was a bit of a disconnect between them. Anway, Sal did do the cover:

Whether it's better or not would be speaking...
    subjectively, of course.

MORE IMPORTANTly, tho...

"... shouldn't make an enemy of Iceman..." is a curious, REALLY INTERESTING choice of words, that I like VERY MUCH!! If ya know, you know, aye Jben? 😏😉

But FINALLY, we seem to be pickin' up right from where Marauders left him, and when I was A LOT more eXcited about his future prospects. Hopefully, this means Duggan will stick to what was workin' & already had Bobby ridin' his BEST, high wave of recognition, IN YEARS!!
    Mmmhmmm. I looove that expression Caselli gave him.

Spoor could've told you it wasn't a good idea to make an enemy of Iceman all the way back in Uncanny X-Men #300.

This is just a blatant excuse to show this panel, because it always cracked me up. "Here I was hoping for a splat" lolol I love when Bobby's just an unapologetic ******* to the bad guys.

LOL. King.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ah, and I checked he was indeed the artist on X-man I was thinking about.