Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Nightcrawler making an appearance in Marvels crisis protocol tabletop game

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Update on Nightcrawler!

X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1
    Written by SI SPURRIER
    Art and Cover by PHIL NOTO
    On Sale 5/3

Start down the road towards FALL OF X with X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1, on sale May 3!

Before FALL OF X officially launches at X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA (2023) #1, a series of BEFORE THE FALL titles will build towards this crucial chapter of the Krakoan era. The first, X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1, arrives on May 3 with a battle between two titans of the X-Universe.

Written by Si Spurrier and drawn by Phil Noto, X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1 will pit David Haller, AKA Legion, against Nimrod, a powerful artificial intelligence created by Orchis for the sole purpose of eradicating mutantkind. With his friend Nightcrawler imprisoned by Orchis and Margali Szardos, Legion will do whatever it takes to get him back—even if that means making a deal with the devil herself.

A special first look at X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1 shows Legion fallen at the hands of Nimrod. In another page, he appears on an Orchis base, where he faces the mutant-killing machine once again. One page pits Mister Sinister clone Mother Righteous against Nimrod, before she turns her magic on Legion in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Nightcrawler making an appearance in Marvels crisis protocol tabletop game

Ooooh that would make me want to buy that. If it was only X-men based, instant buy ! I'm so happy with my X-men United game (although I don't have Iceman for some annoying reason).

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Update on Nightcrawler!

Written by SI SPURRIER
    On Sale 5/3

Start down the road towards FALL OF X with X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1, on sale May 3!

Before FALL OF X officially launches at X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA (2023) #1, a series of BEFORE THE FALL titles will build towards this crucial chapter of the Krakoan era. The first, X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1, arrives on May 3 with a battle between two titans of the X-Universe.

Written by Si Spurrier and drawn by Phil Noto, X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1 will pit David Haller, AKA Legion, against Nimrod, a powerful artificial intelligence created by Orchis for the sole purpose of eradicating mutantkind. With his friend Nightcrawler imprisoned by Orchis and Margali Szardos, Legion will do whatever it takes to get him back—even if that means making a deal with the devil herself.

A special first look at X-MEN: BEFORE THE FALL – SONS OF X #1 shows Legion fallen at the hands of Nimrod. In another page, he appears on an Orchis base, where he faces the mutant-killing machine once again. One page pits Mister Sinister clone Mother Righteous against Nimrod, before she turns her magic on Legion in another.

Yeah this will clearly NOT be about Kurt.

Update on Nightcrawler!

Written by SI SPURRIER
    On Sale 5/3

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post

Yeah this will clearly NOT be about Kurt.
    I didn’t expect the final book to be focussed on Kurt, his plot was always going to be a secondary as it has been throughout WoX and LoX. But I am pleased to get new info, from that synopsis I wonder if Kurt refused to deal with mother righteous since he’s been captured?
    I actually pleasantly surprised that this cover is quite accurate to what’s going on in the story.

I’m going out on a limb here but I hope we see a little bit more of a friendship between Legion and Kurt, even a hint (‘with his friend Nightcrawler imprisoned, Legion will do whatever it takes to get him back’). They haven’t really interacted at all since their first encounter in WoX and their relationship has felt to me more like a sort of symbiotic relationship where they both have their own needs/goals and those goals happen to work well together.
    Last edited by Proxy; 04-01-2023 at 03:22 AM.

Looks like Kurt’s not appearing in any main books after MAY for a while, hope he makes it out of sons of X okay. (Meanwhile Azazel is in a team book…what?!)

Looks like Kurt’s not appearing in any main books after MAY for a while, hope he makes it out of sons of X okay. (Meanwhile Azazel is in a team book…what?!)
    He might be in Alpha Flight, X-men, Uncanny SM...
    Or Azazel could be the one dying in Dark first issue and Kurt joins next.

I don’t really see Kurt joining Dark but I wouldn’t mind Azazel getting the boot in the first issue

I forgot where I saw it on here but there was some future black and white art of the council and Kurt was there. So hopefully he does make it out alive. Hopefully it wasn't a flashback.

I forgot where I saw it on here but there was some future black and white art of the council and Kurt was there. So hopefully he does make it out alive. Hopefully it wasn't a flashback.
    It was in the First Strike preview wasn't it ? I seem to remember Kurt was indeed in his seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It was in the First Strike preview wasn't it ? I seem to remember Kurt was indeed in his seat.
    Yes, that's it. It looked like he was no longer mutated too.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-08-2023 at 08:48 PM.

Here...

Astonishing Member

Yeah, if the Timeless art with a Spider-Man figure w/Kurt's signature fingers and toes and hints about Uncanny Spider-Man being a Spurrier book are truly indications that its him in that costume, that would at least confirm that even the horns are gone now, since there would be no way to hide them beneath that mask.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, if the Timeless art with a Spider-Man figure w/Kurt's signature fingers and toes and hints about Uncanny Spider-Man being a Spurrier book are truly indications that its him in that costume, that would at least confirm that even the horns are gone now, since there would be no way to hide them beneath that mask.
    I don’t think he’d be able to hide his tail in that costume either, and that Spider-man figure doesn’t have one.

Astonishing Member

I don’t think he’d be able to hide his tail in that costume either, and that Spider-man figure doesn’t have one.
    Fair enough, though I do think a tail would be easier to hide than horns. *Shrugs* We'll see either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Fair enough, though I do think a tail would be easier to hide than horns. *Shrugs* We'll see either way.
    True a tail would be easier to hide (I don’t wanna know how in that skin tight suit!) or if it is Nightcrawler, they wouldn’t give the game away too early and possibly choose to deliberately not include it on the panel otherwise it would be too obvious it’s him? The hands/feet at least give people something to speculate.