Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Default Guten tag meine freunde! The Kurt Wagner - Nightcrawler Appreciation 2023

Welcome, friends, to Kurt’s thread for 2023.
    Here’s hoping for some good showings, on a par with his fantastic AXE heroics.

4A5A98FD-AA18-4CB5-8B4C-F2DAC275FB9A.jpg

Happy new year Nightcrawler fans! Here are some of my personal highlights from last year:

AXE had some great for Kurt.

And a couple more:

Kurt’s probably going to be er…..indisposed for the first half of the year in SOS (let’s hope he manages to get laid a few more times before going full Kaiju)

But apart from that, I am hoping for more great moments from our favorite swashbuckling elf in 2023.

Last edited by Proxy; 01-01-2023 at 03:32 PM.

Happy New Year to all Kurt fans!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Happy New Year fellow Kurt fans!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Happy New Year to all Kurt fans!
    Same to the Storm fans too!

I found this wonderful piece done black and white by Ryan Odagawa

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Kurt’s probably going to be er…..indisposed for the first half of the year in SOS (let’s hope he manages to get laid a few more times before going full Kaiju)

But apart from that, I am hoping for more great moments from our favorite swashbuckling elf in 2023.

Love this! A great piece done by his creator. And those scans - Kurt really kicked ass this year. And I love the Kurt and Kitty friendship. And Kurt being a charmer.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Love this! A great piece done by his creator. And those scans - Kurt really kicked ass this year. And I love the Kurt and Kitty friendship. And Kurt being a charmer.
    Yep! I loved seeing those parts of his personality. I hope Kurt gets another opportunity to shine this year.

Happy New Year to Kurt and fans !

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for "The Fuzzy Elf"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Kurt and fans !
    Happy New Year to you too. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for "The Fuzzy Elf"

This is probably my top fave Kurt pic. Its right up there with the Jim Lee card. The perfect pic to start off the New Year. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Yep! I loved seeing those parts of his personality. I hope Kurt gets another opportunity to shine this year.
    Yeah, it would be a waste with the momentum of this year for Kurt to be background.

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the artist of this awesome piece of fanart

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-03-2023 at 12:06 AM.

Yeah, it would be a waste with the momentum of this year for Kurt to be background.

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the artist of this awesome piece of fanart

It’s brilliant! I’ve never seen this one before. Another to add to my collection

Yeah, it would be a waste with the momentum of this year for Kurt to be background
    While I think he’s going to be pretty much benched in SOS, I’m hoping he appears in some other titles that are separate from that timeline and as you said, keep the momentum going. I think he may make an appearance in marauders?

I’m always interested in the books demonstrating what a badass Nightcrawler is and in some way, I feel like having Kurt’s unique abilities combined with other mutants powers does show off Nightcrawler as someone who’s not to be messed with.
    While Kurt’s not omega level by any stretch, I have always thought that if he ‘let loose’, he’d be a force to be reckoned with. Kurt may not have the strongest powers but he has mastered his use of them and for all his showmanship and hamming up to an audience, Nightcrawler has also been shown to be cunning, take command and on occasion a slyness that’d make his mama proud.
    But he also has such compassion and a value for all life that you rarely see Kurt at his ‘full potential’. He holds himself back by choice which I find so endearing considering everything the x-men have been through, Kurt still has this almost endless patience and continues to embrace new thoughts, ideas and people into his heart.

So the clones may be a nice a bit of both worlds. Kurt is rarely ever ‘ruthless’ unless he’s pushed to the brink, because it’s not really in his nature, which I’d never want him to lose. But I’ll also get to see the clones demonstrate his abilities in a whole new way.

Browsing the CBR forum I found Nightcrawler ranked as the luckiest x-man, as in the most fortunate to fall into good circumstances:

‘The X-Men are easily the toughest superhero team to be a member of, even with the prosperity of the mutant nation of Krakoa. However, there are some X-Men who have always been lucky. While their compatriots struggle with circumstances, they are always catching breaks that others don't. Their lives as X-Men have been much better than their fellow members.’

‘Among the X-Men's strongest fighters, Nightcrawler has always been special. He'll take on all comers with a smile, his acrobatic fighting style perfectly complimented by his mutant skills. It's easy to believe that Nightcrawler isn't lucky; his mutation gave him demonic looks that made him a target. However, his luck quickly changed when he joined the X-Men.

Nightcrawler was able to find a family of people of who would love and accept him. This allowed him to reach his potential as a person and hero. Nightcrawler wouldn't call it luck, as he's a religious man, but he knows that a lot of his successes came from something besides his skills.’

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-lucky-xmen-ranked/

I don’t think he’s the luckiest x-man….but he may well be one of the luckiest visible mutants.
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-03-2023 at 06:33 PM.