Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    But would it really be that much different from genetically altering villains personality’s during resurrection? That’s happened a couple of times.

I personally wouldn’t like it and I don’t think that’s Kurt’s style anyway, he isn’t one for forcing people to change themselves. But if it offered them new perspectives so they could make more informed choices, well that would different. Not sure how a sword would do that though. Since Nightcrawler’s sword is made of hope/joy, altering a bad guys mind by force would be the equivalent of a care bear stare
    When have they done that ?

The Carebear Sword would actually be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    When have they done that ?

I believe Cassandra Nova and Sinister have had parts of their personalities re-written.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The bone-ish growths make me imagine Marrow going "Meh. Poser.".

I get the horns in relation to the whole theme of something being wrong with his soul, but how does it relate to the random spiked bone growths?
    Probably has no specific meaning, I assume the thought was the design was cooler and making efforts to distinguish him from Beast. I’ve already seen some people not reading LoX think Nightcrawler is Beast in the monster form (horns and all). When they first previewed the art I had to take a moment to figure out if it Beast or Nightcrawler, the tail gave it away.

I believe Cassandra Nova and Sinister have had parts of their personalities re-written.
    Cassandra's change was Jean's doing. She didn't even changed her personnality, just forced her to protect mutants. That's a very Jean to do, though, not Kurt.

Sinister is just some self change in personnality to make him more "charming" and seeming less dangerous to others to manipulate them.

Nothing to do with ressurections or the Five.

Never going to not call it the Carebear Sword. The soulsword being jammed in Kurt at least had a basis in the existing lore. This thing reads like it's from a children's book.

Cassandra's change was Jean's doing. She didn't even changed her personnality, just forced her to protect mutants. That's a very Jean to do, though, not Kurt.

Sinister is just some self change in personnality to make him more "charming" and seeming less dangerous to others to manipulate them.

Nothing to do with ressurections or the Five.
    Ah I see; and yes as I said, it isn’t like Kurt at all which is why I wouldn’t want the sword to alter anyone by force. But I would like it to be of some use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    Never going to not call it the Carebear Sword. The soulsword being jammed in Kurt at least had a basis in the existing lore. This thing reads like it's from a children's book.
    Well now this got me wondering! Margali said he has sword mold in there so technically Kurt could make a sword out of anything! Even a new hope sword, hope supposedly springs eternal after all. Or Mystique starts making snide comments, Kurt pulls out the sword of self-esteem! Friend makes stupid decision, Kurt slowly draws out sword of disappointment.

Seriously though the sword has come out of no-where, it sort of added something new to the lore but with no explanation of why the soul sword has….left such an impression on him.
    Last edited by Proxy; 02-05-2023 at 03:08 PM.

From the recent X-men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fan MC Panda wanted to know who or what was the Nightcrawler stand-in/yes man on the Quiet Council all those years?

Kieron: Shape-changing was the first gift that Sinister stole from mutantkind, from Courier. It’s his oldest recipe. I figured a shape-shifted clone with enough telepathic-imprints puppetry from the telepaths to pass. That Kurt has been through so much trauma from the +0 period is a pretty good cover why he’s remained quiet. His Legion of X experience has been a horrorshow, and that’s not even touching on what he endured in Judgment Day.

This….explanation doesn’t make the situation with imposter Kurt any better for me, I’m still not buying it. So Nightcrawler has been so traumatized by recent events and his mental state so poor that everyone on or off the council assumes that he has withdrawn into him self and become quiet…..for five years before anyone thought to address it?!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

From the recent X-men Monday:

AIPT: X-Fan MC Panda wanted to know who or what was the Nightcrawler stand-in/yes man on the Quiet Council all those years?

Kieron: Shape-changing was the first gift that Sinister stole from mutantkind, from Courier. It’s his oldest recipe. I figured a shape-shifted clone with enough telepathic-imprints puppetry from the telepaths to pass. That Kurt has been through so much trauma from the +0 period is a pretty good cover why he’s remained quiet. His Legion of X experience has been a horrorshow, and that’s not even touching on what he endured in Judgment Day.

This….explanation doesn’t make the situation with imposter Kurt any better for me, I’m still not buying it. So Nightcrawler has been so traumatized by recent events and his mental state so poor that everyone on or off the council assumes that he has withdrawn into him self and become quiet…..for five years before anyone thought to address it?!
    Doesn’t reall make sense, five years is a loooong time.
    Look like he’s rescued by Cable, who’s one of Ororo’s Brotherhood. See centre top panel.
    A5B8FF3E-4479-469D-BE61-30D4F86586FD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Doesn’t reall make sense, five years is a loooong time.
    Look like he’s rescued by Cable, who’s one of Ororo’s Brotherhood. See centre top panel.
    A5B8FF3E-4479-469D-BE61-30D4F86586FD.jpg
    Ah yes I didn’t see the horns! I mistook him for beast in that form!

It’s good to see that at some point he’ll be rescued and contribute to the fight.

I have been thinking about what a can of worms this one panel has opened up:

I’d been under the impression that Nightcrawler going to marvel heaven was ret-conned. As soon as the krakoan era started, Kurt died and was resurrected so I thought, oh not immortal anymore, which means he must have his soul back, because marvel heaven never happened.

But now we know it did still happen which also means that Kurt shouldn’t be able to die and he shouldn’t have his soul….except he does because it had a hopesword casting mold in it for Margali to exploit! How did he get his soul back?
    It also means Azazel, who was trapped on earth is somewhere sunning himself on Krakoa and…..not plotting a hostile take over? The bamfs now exist outside the astral plane but Kurt didn’t recognise them when they attacked him and Zsen.

What was the point of acknowledging marvel heaven happened, I think it may have been better off ret-conned.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Wait, you don’t like Sinister’s Petcrawler?
    I can't wait til thats done... or... If the mutation/slavery is not long though and the story is good I'll forgive it. I hope Kurt gives Sinister a huge punch in the face or ports his head off. Personally, I don't think Sinister should be allowed to be around after treating a fellow Krakoa Member like that.

Some awesome art from Vincenzo Riccardi

This is GORGEOUS and should inspire his next Gala uniform ! Let's hope it's his turn to be under Dauterman's vision and his inspiration is this ! (and that Spurrier doesn't ask him to include the horns. I don't mind them temporarily but if he gets a Dauterman outfit it should be an ICONIC one.

This is GORGEOUS and should inspire his next Gala uniform ! Let's hope it's his turn to be under Dauterman's vision and his inspiration is this ! (and that Spurrier doesn't ask him to include the horns. I don't mind them temporarily but if he gets a Dauterman outfit it should be an ICONIC one.

I’d like to see a Dauterman outfit too (minus the horns) but I thought Bob did a good job with his buccaneer inspired outfit.