Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It truly broke my heart.
    Yeah, our fuzzy elf doesn’t deserve all this pain! Can we give him a break please, have fun being spider-man just for a tiny bit?

Love Kurt!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm glad at least they got rid of those terrible horns... and it now makes sense for Kurt to hide behind a new identity going forward. I hope he's shown at least asking Peter for permission though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm glad at least they got rid of those terrible horns... and it now makes sense for Kurt to hide behind a new identity going forward. I hope he's shown at least asking Peter for permission though lol

I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with Peter right now, but I know it’s not good so Kurt might not get a chance to. But as far as I know they are on good terms and Kurt would surely give him a heads up if he could.

I get now why Kurt is choosing to hide behind a mask, I still want to know why spider-man?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with Peter right now, but I know it’s not good so Kurt might not get a chance to. But as far as I know they are on good terms and Kurt would surely give him a heads up if he could.

I get now why Kurt is choosing to hide behind a mask, I still want to know why spider-man?

Lol! Of course how did I not see it!

I do hope they actually give a reason in comics that make a little bit of sense though

Putting aside the spidey costume for now, what did people think about Kurt’s decision to leave Krakoa, was it the right choice?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Putting aside the spidey costume for now, what did people think about Kurt’s decision to leave Krakoa, was it the right choice?
    Very in character; he wouldn’t want to expose his friends and Krakoa to the fall out from his murders. It just breaks my heart that he has to face his guilt and self-recrimination alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Very in character; he wouldn’t want to expose his friends and Krakoa to the fall out from his murders. It just breaks my heart that he has to face his guilt and self-recrimination alone.
    It also makes sense as it sounds like Wolverine is making the same decision and is on the run during Fall of X as he was similarly used to commit crimes when he was being controlled by Beast.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 05-08-2023 at 07:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

It also makes sense as it sounds like Wolverine is making the same decision as is on the run during Fall of X as he was similarly used to commit crimes when he was being controlled by Beast.
    Yes, I thought of that too, except a lot of what Percy has been writing hasn’t been referenced or used by the other books, which makes continuity confusing.

I mean, maybe if he had actually stated a reason for leaving or something he was trying to accomplish. When I read the issue I had just assumed the murders were a side note, not his primary reason for leaving, because I'm pretty sure everyone on Krakoa has murdered people at some point or another, half the time while possessed or under some malevolent influence. Kurt didn't even look like Kurt at the time.

The impression I get is that Kurt has no solid convictions. Or perhaps it would be more honest to say he has no real character. Between WoX, Onslaught, and LoX, he was on Krakoa and in control of himself for 12 issues and he constantly vacillates during that time before he gives up and leaves in SoX.

Closest thing to home that he can pull off. Still gets to be hated and feared for being a hero with robots after him but doesn’t quite have the strength to bench press a building or the right color to pull off being the Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I thought it was very in character for him too, and him thinking he has to suffer through this mis-placed guilt alone. He usually needs someone like Kate or Logan to pull him out of his own head.

It also makes sense as it sounds like Wolverine is making the same decision and is on the run during Fall of X as he was similarly used to commit crimes when he was being controlled by Beast.
    It’s interesting that the both of them are now ‘fugitives’ doing their own thing off island. It’s too much I suppose, to hope for a little team up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    I mean, maybe if he had actually stated a reason for leaving or something he was trying to accomplish. When I read the issue I had just assumed the murders were a side note, not his primary reason for leaving, because I'm pretty sure everyone on Krakoa has murdered people at some point or another, half the time while possessed or under some malevolent influence. Kurt didn't even look like Kurt at the time.

The impression I get is that Kurt has no solid convictions. Or perhaps it would be more honest to say he has no real character. Between WoX, Onslaught, and LoX, he was on Krakoa and in control of himself for 12 issues and he constantly vacillates during that time before he gives up and leaves in SoX.
    I didn’t like that the murders are his primary reason, but it’s in character for Kurt to try and handle it this way. Killing (while under someone’s control or otherwise) is so rare for Nightcrawler that I find it quite jarring, and as far as I know, this is a brand new experience for Kurt (not people being killed but the way it’s happened). I wonder how his mis-placed guilt is going to be addressed in amazing spider-man.

Kurt has been portrayed as really indecisive and meek for a lot of Spurriers run and I don’t think we were ever given an indication why, making a lot of his decisions feel weird and out of character. At the beginning of way of X I assumed something horrific happened off panel because Kurt just appeared so lost and depressed! But I do think Spurrier is getting better at writing for the character as time goes on, even if it did require very obvious back-tracking of his previous takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Closest thing to home that he can pull off. Still gets to be hated and feared for being a hero with robots after him but doesn’t quite have the strength to bench press a building or the right color to pull off being the Hulk
    that’s true he really does fit the part, although the tail is going to be a dead giveaway

I didn’t like that the murders are his primary reason, but it’s in character for Kurt to try and handle it this way. Killing (while under someone’s control or otherwise) is so rare for Nightcrawler that I find it quite jarring, and as far as I know, this is a brand new experience for Kurt (not people being killed but the way it’s happened).
    True the circumstances are different, but the very first thing Kurt ever did is get chased by an angry mob because he killed someone. And that killing was the impetus for joining the X-men, not leaving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    True the circumstances are different, but the very first thing Kurt ever did is get chased by an angry mob because he killed someone. And that killing was the impetus for joining the X-men, not leaving them.
    Sort of, but even then the circumstances were different. The mob chased him because they thought he’d murdered a bunch of children. Kurt knew he didn’t so in that regard, his conscience was clear. I’m not sure if the mob even knew about Stephen. The ret-cons have messed with how Stephen died too so depending on which one you take, Kurt either killed him by accident while he was defending himself from being killed by Stephen or Stephen somehow killed himself using Kurt’s tail.

Kurt was involved in a life being lost, but it was personal, in many ways the events made sense. He knew his brother lost his way and he understood the choices he made that led to what happened, his death was an accident (at least not Kurt’s intention). And Stephen had told before he turned evil that he wanted to die by Kurt’s hand if he began hurting anyone. So in a way, Stephen’s wish was fulfilled.

But these deaths by orchis, were deliberate and he had no control over what happened whatsoever, he was being used to create a bad image for his people. It’s a difficult thing to wrap your head around, not being accountable (in mind and will) and yet still being accountable (it’s your body doing the killing) when you have no agency whatsoever. I’m not sure if Kurt even has memories of what he did while under orchis control since Emma and Scott had to inform him who died.
    Last edited by Proxy; 05-11-2023 at 08:01 AM.