Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    While I think he’s going to be pretty much benched in SOS, I’m hoping he appears in some other titles that are separate from that timeline and as you said, keep the momentum going. I think he may make an appearance in marauders?

I’m always interested in the books demonstrating what a badass Nightcrawler is and in some way, I feel like having Kurt’s unique abilities combined with other mutants powers does show off Nightcrawler as someone who’s not to be messed with.
    While Kurt’s not omega level by any stretch, I have always thought that if he ‘let loose’, he’d be a force to be reckoned with. Kurt may not have the strongest powers but he has mastered his use of them and for all his showmanship and hamming up to an audience, Nightcrawler has also been shown to be cunning, take command and on occasion a slyness that’d make his mama proud.
    But he also has such compassion and a value for all life that you rarely see Kurt at his ‘full potential’. He holds himself back by choice which I find so endearing considering everything the x-men have been through, Kurt still has this almost endless patience and continues to embrace new thoughts, ideas and people into his heart.

So the clones may be a nice a bit of both worlds. Kurt is rarely ever ‘ruthless’ unless he’s pushed to the brink, because it’s not really in his nature, which I’d never want him to lose. But I’ll also get to see the clones demonstrate his abilities in a whole new way.
    I agree with a lot of what you said. Great post.

Browsing the CBR forum I found Nightcrawler ranked as the luckiest x-man, as in the most fortunate to fall into good circumstances:

‘The X-Men are easily the toughest superhero team to be a member of, even with the prosperity of the mutant nation of Krakoa. However, there are some X-Men who have always been lucky. While their compatriots struggle with circumstances, they are always catching breaks that others don't. Their lives as X-Men have been much better than their fellow members.’

‘Among the X-Men's strongest fighters, Nightcrawler has always been special. He'll take on all comers with a smile, his acrobatic fighting style perfectly complimented by his mutant skills. It's easy to believe that Nightcrawler isn't lucky; his mutation gave him demonic looks that made him a target. However, his luck quickly changed when he joined the X-Men.

Nightcrawler was able to find a family of people of who would love and accept him. This allowed him to reach his potential as a person and hero. Nightcrawler wouldn't call it luck, as he's a religious man, but he knows that a lot of his successes came from something besides his skills.’

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-lucky-xmen-ranked/

I don’t think he’s the luckiest x-man….but he may well be one of the luckiest visible mutants.
    Interesting, but I'm not sure I agree with it. Reaching his full potential and being brought in by the Prof. X can be any of the X-Men. I think he went on and became a hero in spite of it. Not because he is the luckiest.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-04-2023 at 10:44 PM.

Kurt being awesome using his powers and being playful. This is the time he was the leader of the X-Men. What a training exercise, lol. He kicking their butts. :-p Just teleportation and skill. :-)

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-04-2023 at 11:05 PM.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but in the recent Timeless book is that Kurt wearing the black and red Spider-Man costume? It definitely looks like his hands and feet...
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Happy New Year to Kurt and all of Kurt's wonderful fans. He's truly the heart and soul of the X-Men!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, but in the recent Timeless book is that Kurt wearing the black and red Spider-Man costume? It definitely looks like his hands and feet...
    Not fully discussed, it was just brought up 2022 thread before the year ended. I’m not sure it’s him, the hands and feet are there but….where is he keeping the tail?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said. Great post.

Interesting, but I'm not sure I agree with it. Reaching his full potential and being brought in by the Prof. X can be any of the X-Men. I think he went on and became a hero in spite of it. Not because he is the luckiest.
    Thank-you!

I only agree with it to a certain extent. Nightcrawler fell in good with the x-men considering the alternative at the time and he most likely would have struggled more on his own. But i think this just gave him an opportunity to grow just like any member of the team.
    I liked what you said about him being his own hero in spite of it because I was reminded that Xavier really has a tendency to put his x-men on a tight leash and an expectation on them that they follow in line.
    For me it feels like Kurt came into his own more when he was away from the X-men and with Excalibur that gave him more freedom to explore the type of hero and leader he wanted to be.
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-05-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Not fully discussed, it was just brought up 2022 thread before the year ended. I’m not sure it’s him, the hands and feet are there but….where is he keeping the tail?
    Much obliged, wasn't following the Timeless spoilers so I was surprised to see it this week. Maybe it is one of Sinister's creations with both Kurt and Spidey's DNA.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to Kurt and all of Kurt's wonderful fans. He's truly the heart and soul of the X-Men!
    Happy New Year to you too!

Much obliged, wasn't following the Timeless spoilers so I was surprised to see it this week. Maybe it is one of Sinister's creations with both Kurt and Spidey's DNA.
    Hey, I did not think of that.

Kurt experimenting with his abilities even though he has limitations from his battle in the Morlock tunnels. This shows how Kurt pushes himself even though he isn't the most powerful mutant.

Here he Kurt fights injured pushing himself to the max.

Here too.

That’s what I think too, especially since we’ve also seen another spider/crawler clone running around in the SOS preview.

I love Nightcrawler pushing against the odds. I’m going to add the recent legends 12: Kitty’s out for the count and Kurt’s injured, teleportation on the Fritz but he pushes forward.

I'm loving all these panels being posted. Kurt is my favorite fighter in terms of dynamics. It's always fun to watch him in action.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm loving all these panels being posted. Kurt is my favorite fighter in terms of dynamics. It's always fun to watch him in action.
    Yes it is! I'm glad you have enjoyed the scans.

I found this. Not sure how much of a role he will have if any in SoS other than the Nightcrawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yes it is! I'm glad you have enjoyed the scans.

I found this. Not sure how much of a role he will have if any in SoS other than the Nightcrawlers.

I don’t think Kurt is going to play much of a role, but I really love this cover. Maybe it’s highlighting who survives Sinisters timeline? All we know for sure is that Storm and her brotherhood are still around and Nightcrawler in his monster form, everyone else appear to be clones.

I don’t think Kurt is going to play much of a role, but I really love this cover. Maybe it’s highlighting who survives Sinisters timeline? All we know for sure is that Storm and her brotherhood are still around and Nightcrawler in his monster form, everyone else appear to be clones.
    Yes NC will be in his new form unfortunately. But atleast he is still alive.

I'm just posting this because it makes me laugh. Kurt tells Feron to shut up.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-09-2023 at 01:02 AM.