Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m guessing that when they we’re planning this story, they needed a way to neutralise Kurt as the voice of compassion. I’m wondering if they will redeem Margali, by making her spell a deliberate protection against Sinister? One way to tell will be if everyone effected , such as Warren and Dr Nemesis, are immune?
    I am also guessing that Sinister plans to use Kurt’s DNA to make deadly teleporting assassins, but, like Cardinal and his fellow chimeras, the are defective by being good and rebellious against him.
    It’s possible that Margali in her own screwed up way would do this to protect Kurt. As he said, she loves him in her own way. And I don’t think Margali ever states who she’s doing the ‘gig’ for, it could be a part of of a longer term plan to eventually thwart Sinister.

Yeah it makes sense that Kurt might need to be neutralised for the SOS plot to move forward and that’s one way of doing it without him being controlled by Sinister or part of Storms rebellion. Plus Spurrier for all the bungling I think he does with Kurt’s behaviour, does seem to have a theme of Nightcrawler’s alternative problem solving methods of compassion and understanding over brute force being positive and beneficial for the nation. So removing the founder of the ‘spark’ and twisting the idea for Sinisters own gain could be a nice dichotomy.

I think the interview mentions the actual cloning process didn’t work with Nightcrawler’s DNA because they turn out as grotesque monstrosities which I’m inclined to take as literally globs of flesh and bone (oh god now I’m wondering if the flesh in the giant hamster feeder is a Kurt clone!). But I do think you’re onto something with the Nightcrawlers being defective:
    The interview also said that they have something that Sinister doesn’t understand and as corny as it sounds, I do think them rebelling from his brainwashing program does have something to do with who Nightcrawler is; his goodness, gentleness, acceptance and courage to fight for what he believes in. I think we see a glimpse of Kurt’s personality in the Nightcrawler’s in the textless preview where they look like they’re all behaving like a little family with banshee. Much like we see with Cardinal there’s an essence of Nightcrawler that you can’t stamp out. His body may be designed for war, but his heart isn’t into the unnecessary bloodshed. (His heart is more built for thrills, adventuring and romance, but he doesn’t get to do that so much anymore).
    Perhaps I’m hoping for too much though, I think they’re setting up for Banshee to be in the spotlight this time which is also fine, poor guy needs a break.

I very curious though why Zsen’s painting was brought up. This time we have more of description: Zsen started by saying Kurt was empty inside and forget-me-not described the image as Kurt but hollow with a sword. Why bring this up now? I assume it’s leading up to something. The only thing I can think of is Kurt being hollow like he’s lacking a soul, which he’s supposed to be at this point unless it’s been ret-conned. And the sword could be in reference to a soul sword?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    It’s possible that Margali in her own screwed up way would do this to protect Kurt. As he said, she loves him in her own way. And I don’t think Margali ever states who she’s doing the ‘gig’ for, it could be a part of of a longer term plan to eventually thwart Sinister.

Yeah it makes sense that Kurt might need to be neutralised for the SOS plot to move forward and that’s one way of doing it without him being controlled by Sinister or part of Storms rebellion. Plus Spurrier for all the bungling I think he does with Kurt’s behaviour, does seem to have a theme of Nightcrawler’s alternative problem solving methods of compassion and understanding over brute force being positive and beneficial for the nation. So removing the founder of the ‘spark’ and twisting the idea for Sinisters own gain could be a nice dichotomy.

I think the interview mentions the actual cloning process didn’t work with Nightcrawler’s DNA because they turn out as grotesque monstrosities which I’m inclined to take as literally globs of flesh and bone (oh god now I’m wondering if the flesh in the giant hamster feeder is a Kurt clone!). But I do think you’re onto something with the Nightcrawlers being defective:
    The interview also said that they have something that Sinister doesn’t understand and as corny as it sounds, I do think them rebelling from his brainwashing program does have something to do with who Nightcrawler is; his goodness, gentleness, acceptance and courage to fight for what he believes in. I think we see a glimpse of Kurt’s personality in the Nightcrawler’s in the textless preview where they look like they’re all behaving like a little family with banshee. Much like we see with Cardinal there’s an essence of Nightcrawler that you can’t stamp out. His body may be designed for war, but his heart isn’t into the unnecessary bloodshed. (His heart is more built for thrills, adventuring and romance, but he doesn’t get to do that so much anymore).
    Perhaps I’m hoping for too much though, I think they’re setting up for Banshee to be in the spotlight this time which is also fine, poor guy needs a break.

I very curious though why Zsen’s painting was brought up. This time we have more of description: Zsen started by saying Kurt was empty inside and forget-me-not described the image as Kurt but hollow with a sword. Why bring this up now? I assume it’s leading up to something. The only thing I can think of is Kurt being hollow like he’s lacking a soul, which he’s
    supposed to be at this point unless it’s been ret-conned. And the sword could be in reference to a soul sword?
    I loved Kurt defeating Gorgon by having an altercation with ice-cream to de-escalate the situation. There have been flashes of ‘real’ Kurt in there.
    I think the nadir for me was him getting drunk at the Hellfire Gala. Why? What the hell was the point of that? I suppose that the plot might loop back to this eventually, but I doubt it.

Zesn’s painting will definitely resurface and be a future, post Sins of Sinister, one assumes, plot thread. It would be very interesting if they revived the Kurt-missing-his-soul beat.

I loved Kurt defeating Gorgon by having an altercation with ice-cream to de-escalate the situation. There have been flashes of ‘real’ Kurt in there.
    I think the nadir for me was him getting drunk at the Hellfire Gala. Why? What the hell was the point of that? I suppose that the plot might loop back to this eventually, but I doubt it.

Zesn’s painting will definitely resurface and be a future, post Sins of Sinister, one assumes, plot thread. It would be very interesting if they revived the Kurt-missing-his-soul beat.
    I did like Kurt finding an alternative choice to Fabian’s ultimatum. While the clowning was fun I would have preferred more acrobatics. Bobs art was great though.

And I didn’t like Spurriers take on the gala. I think it was meant to be funny but I found it mean spirited and didn’t make much sense to me. I don’t understand why Kurt would scare Meggan and say he’s not ‘over her’, this is never brought up again in Spurriers run, Kurt’s not shown to be pining or feeling the consequences of the last AU when they had a kid so what was the point?
    Nor do I believe that Kate, or any of his friends at the gala would dump his unconscious drunk ass in the gutter and abandon him to continue partying. At least dump him outside his home!

The only part of Kurt at the gala I really enjoyed was from Excalibur when he first greets Meggan.
    It also turns out Kurt mis-read the signs, Meggan is not pregnant since the writers seem to have completely dropped that idea.
    And there was so much speculation that it could be Kurt’s and the drama that would cause.

Looks like Margali is not protecting Kurt from anything:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=198344151

MARVEL.COM: We get to stick with a couple of our longtime characters on this journey, as well. Just how sinister does this future look for them?

KIERON GILLEN: Secondly: Nightcrawler. His continuing mutation protects him from Sinister. It may leave him as a feral beast, but it means that Sinister can’t corrupt him… but it doesn’t save him from an even worse fate.

KIERON GILLEN: I would describe the SINS OF SINISTER as the nightmare future of Krakoa—exactly how bad it could get. When you wake up from a nightmare, you’re sweating and petrified, glad it wasn’t real.

But this nightmare happened. It was real. And that can’t help but change everything.

…..oh I don’t think I’m going to like this….

Grasping for any familial interaction I can get, but it was really good to see Storm recognise that imposter is not her fuzzy elf. I’m having a much harder time believing it took Storm more than five years to notice though.

Grasping for any familial interaction I can get, but it was really good to see Storm recognise that imposter is not her fuzzy elf. I’m having a much harder time believing it took Storm more than five years to notice though.

It’s a plot contrivance, you could explain it away by saying she was busy on Arakko? But she did notice, I will take that as a win.

It’s a plot contrivance, you could explain it away by saying she was busy on Arakko? But she did notice, I will take that as a win.
    Me too, a win is win. And finding out what happened to Kurt was one of her first priorities
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-25-2023 at 02:45 PM.

I did not expect Sinister to use an automaton to replace Kurt, I don’t know why considering how many times it’s happened in comics! But I found the stupid look on its face quite funny.

I’m curious about how sinister managed to clone Kurt after all that time (The Nightcrawler’s), I liked your idea from the other thread of using the cadaver found on mars. I also thought Margali handed Kurt over to Orchis, so how did Sinister get hold of him and what’s Margali’s role in this?

I hope she doesn’t just disappear from the story.
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-25-2023 at 02:34 PM.

I did not expect Sinister to use an automaton to replace Kurt, I don’t know why considering how many times it’s happened in comics! But I found the stupid look on its face quite funny.

I’m curious about how sinister managed to clone Kurt after all that time (The Nightcrawler’s), I liked your idea from the other thread of using the cadaver found on mars. I also thought Margali handed Kurt over to Orchis, so how did Sinister get hold of him and what’s Margali’s role in this?

I hope she doesn’t just disappear from the story.
    I’m guessing that Sinister retrieved Real but Mutated Kurt from Orchis? Orchis is on the ropes in this story.

I’m guessing that Sinister retrieved Real but Mutated Kurt from Orchis? Orchis is on the ropes in this story.
    He must have somehow, maybe it will be explained later? It’s not that important if they don’t, all we know now is Kurt and Dr Nemesis are prisoners.

BANNED

Kurt's dead, 'Roro. He's been dead since House of X.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Kurt's dead, 'Roro. He's been dead since House of X.

Kurt really does like warrior women, doesn’t he? Not that I have a problem with that!

Cute art ! Who is that artist?

Also, does anyone got some panels of Monstercrawler from SoS ?
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 01-27-2023 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post

does anyone got some panels of Monstercrawler from SoS ?

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post

Kurt really does like warrior women, doesn’t he? Not that I have a problem with that!
    I love this pic! Kurt certainly does have a type