Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’d like to see a Dauterman outfit too (minus the horns) but I thought Bob did a good job with his buccaneer inspired outfit.
    I didn't care for it tbh. It wasn't fashioney enough, more costumey, and it led to the current long vest that I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I didn't care for it tbh. It wasn't fashioney enough, more costumey, and it led to the current long vest that I dislike.
    Yeah it could have done with a bit more pizzazz. And I’m not too fond of the long vest either, I’ll always go for the classic costume.

The first issue of Nightcrawler’s had some moments about Kurt which I found interesting, even though Kurt himself isn’t the main focus of this book.

The curse is broken, yet Kurt can’t return to his original form/mind without resurrection and apparently Nightcrawler has been gradually losing his mind, meaning that for years he’s been fighting against this monstrous curse taking him over completely and slowly succumbing to it, which I find all the more tragic about his situation.

And while I do think Kurt has an inherit goodness about him, he is by no means a saint; but I thought it was nice that The Nightcrawler’s combating the evil of sinister’s influence is in part because they have inherited Kurt’s way of being. And apparently his love for swords

When Spurrier was promoting Nightcrawler’s book he stated: They're also chimerae. Fusions of two (or more) mutant genotypes into single, viable beings. Ever since Hickman went delving into possible futures in Powers of X we've known that – at some stage – Mr. Sinister's relentless pokings, proddings, splicings and general mad sciencings would reach fruition in hybrids of this sort. From his perspective, when putting together these first generations of chimera minions, it makes perfect sense to use Nightcrawler as the baseline. After all, the one thing that would make the deadliest mutants in the world even more deadly is if they had Kurt Wagner's peerlessly agile teleportation skills.

I don’t think Kurt has had a chance to really show off his agility in Spurriers run but the clones sort of did in Nightcrawler’s: Domino/Kurt chimera shooting from different locations:

And maybe Wagnerines quick reflexes killing one of the sinisters. Although that could also be attributed to the wolverine in her:

So it got me thinking, what’s the most agile/speedy teleport we’ve seen Nightcrawler do?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

When Spurrier was promoting Nightcrawler’s book he stated: They're also chimerae. Fusions of two (or more) mutant genotypes into single, viable beings. Ever since Hickman went delving into possible futures in Powers of X we've known that – at some stage – Mr. Sinister's relentless pokings, proddings, splicings and general mad sciencings would reach fruition in hybrids of this sort. From his perspective, when putting together these first generations of chimera minions, it makes perfect sense to use Nightcrawler as the baseline. After all, the one thing that would make the deadliest mutants in the world even more deadly is if they had Kurt Wagner's peerlessly agile teleportation skills.

I don’t think Kurt has had a chance to really show off his agility in Spurriers run but the clones sort of did in Nightcrawler’s: Domino/Kurt chimera shooting from different locations:

And maybe Wagnerines quick reflexes killing one of the sinisters. Although that could also be attributed to the wolverine in her:

So it got me thinking, what’s the most agile/speedy teleport we’ve seen Nightcrawler do?
    Recently?
    13B87143-F174-45BA-9BE4-2844C03340FF.jpg
    E89C8248-CC1E-4882-8B22-C5B94F916B05.jpg

That moment was cool and a brilliant demonstration of Kurt’s teleportation/agility. How about historically? (Pre krakoa)

Screenrant article talking about Kurt’s speed/agility and how it’s made even more deadly by having a chimera ‘daughter’ of domino and nightcrawler combing luck with his teleportation melee abilities.

https://screenrant.com/nightcrawler-...s-of-sinister/

Nightcrawler/Cardinal by R.B. Silva.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

The first issue of Nightcrawler’s had some moments about Kurt which I found interesting, even though Kurt himself isn’t the main focus of this book.

The curse is broken, yet Kurt can’t return to his original form/mind without resurrection and apparently Nightcrawler has been gradually losing his mind, meaning that for years he’s been fighting against this monstrous curse taking him over completely and slowly succumbing to it, which I find all the more tragic about his situation.

And while I do think Kurt has an inherit goodness about him, he is by no means a saint; but I thought it was nice that The Nightcrawler’s combating the evil of sinister’s influence is in part because they have inherited Kurt’s way of being. And apparently his love for swords

I have not pick of the fist issue yet. So is the Nightcrawlers series a Nightcrawler series that does not focus on 'the Nightcrawler?'

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I have not pick of the fist issue yet. So is the Nightcrawlers series a Nightcrawler series that does not focus on 'the Nightcrawler?'
    Yes, the focus is on the chimera’s of Nightcrawler and other mutants; but Kurt himself appears to have very little involvement in the story. I do wish they hadn’t given it the title ‘Nightcrawler’s’, makes it quite confusing to talk about. In the second issue previews, they’ve started calling them ‘Nightkin’ which I think is slightly better.

I like how much Kurt there's in them.
    I'm not sure when DragonKurt is supposed to come into play. Maybe in Immortal ?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

He’s in this promo shot with Cable, so I wonder if Storm’s Brotherhood are going to free him?

8DB0CF87-370F-408A-A757-138767300D38.jpg

I think the Nightkin are going to break away from Mother Righteous, I wonder if having their forefather involved might prompt this?

I really like the Nightcrawler’s having a lot of Kurt about them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    He’s in this promo shot with Cable, so I wonder if Storm’s Brotherhood are going to free him?

8DB0CF87-370F-408A-A757-138767300D38.jpg

I think the Nightkin are going to break away from Mother Righteous, I wonder if having their forefather involved might prompt this?
    They seemed pretty devote to the cause but Kurt has clearly had an influence on them so perhaps him gaining sentience will change things. I suspect that Banshee will have something to do with it too. I get the impression he was looking out for them in the first issue.

A little late but Nightcrawler’s #2:

I really liked that Kurt maintained his beliefs (even though he’s still missing the hope-sword) and fought back against Mother Righteous rather than succumbing to the curse. He’s been fighting it for years by this point which takes some real mental fortitude.

That being said, I do think that he was killed way too quickly/easily, by his own sword!. I understand the ‘Nightcrawler’s’ is fast paced because of its three issue run but there was a lot of set-up for Kurt’s magic mutation that didn’t really pay off for me.
    But it’s good to see his influence in the chimera’s.

Astonishing Member

A little late but Nightcrawler’s #2:

I really liked that Kurt maintained his beliefs (even though he’s still missing the hope-sword) and fought back against Mother Righteous rather than succumbing to the curse. He’s been fighting it for years by this point which takes some real mental fortitude.

That being said, I do think that he was killed way too quickly/easily, by his own sword!. I understand the ‘Nightcrawler’s’ is fast paced because of its three issue run but there was a lot of set-up for Kurt’s magic mutation that didn’t really pay off for me.
    But it’s good to see his influence in the chimera’s.
    Considering SOS is basicly "Everyone gets jobbed by Sinister", with most characters who aren't the main focus having been killed or otherwise disposed off pannel and used perhaps as lego blocks for one-shot chimeras, Kurt got a comperably "respectfull" death.