Default The AI and Robotics Thread

Hi all. Just wanted to make this thread concerning artificial intelligence and robotics. Now, I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not an expert on either subject. However, over the past couple of months and especially the last couple of days, I've paid more attention to the topic.

Indeed, I'm sure a lot of us have heard about the AI generated art and how artists across the board have stood against it as taking away the livelihood of human artists. For me, ChatGPT intrigues me. I read a couple of articles about it and watched this clip concerning its uses:

As the teacher, this frustrates me. A kid can produce an essay so readily with citations and evidence? What about the human struggle to create knowledge? How can a human come up with their own thoughts and ideas when a computer will just make it for them? And of course, what does this mean for other jobs? Law, finance, technology, and many white collar jobs seem to be at risk.

We also see the development in robotics as well:
    https://youtu.be/oPSKAV-_WYU

There are many questions that these new developments raise. I find myself falling back on my Sci-Fi 101 education here. Terminator, Star Trek, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Black Mirror, Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Ray Bradbury stories, and thousands of other works of science fiction have raised these questions and possibilities many times before.

Will AI and robotics help or harm humankind?
    Should humans fully embrace these new technologies or prepare the guns, bases, grenade launchers, and metal works factory for the eventual war against Hal 9000 and Skynet?
    Should we start thinking about AI and robot civil rights?
    Do AI and robots have souls? Souls of silicon, yes, but souls nonetheless?

Okay, again, all of these questions and possibilities are based on fiction. Again, I'm not an AI or robotics expert. Many articles and YouTube clips out there say that AI and robots are not up to that level nor will they be.

But what if, right?

Alright, apologies for the scares here. I'd just like to know how do we deal with this. How about you? What are your thoughts on the matter? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The video is quite informative. Thank you for enlightening us.