View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

0 0%
  • Ted Kord

36 48.00%
  • Jaime Reyes

39 52.00%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Blue Beetle Appreciation 2023!!!

DEBUT: August 1939
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Mystery Men Comics #1
    CREATOR: Charles Nicholas
    ON-GOING SERIES: 73 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 1 #1-42 & #44-60
    Blue Beetle Vol 2 #18-21
    Blue Beetle Vol 3 #1-5
    Blue Beetle Vol 4 #50-54

DEBUT: November 1966
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Captain Atom #83
    CREATOR: Steve Ditko
    ON-GOING SERIES: 41 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 5 #1-5
    Blue Beetle Vol 6 #1-24
    Blue & Gold #1-12

DEBUT: February 2006
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Infinite Crisis #3
    CREATOR: Keith Giffen; John Rogers; Cully Hammer
    ON-GOING SERIES: 78 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 7 #1-36
    Blue Beetle Vol 8 #0-16
    Blue Beetle Vol 9 Rebirth-18
    Blue Beetle: Graduation Day 1-6

ORIGINAL THREAD
    2019 THREAD
    2020 THREAD
    2021 THREAD
    2022 THREAD

It’s that time of the year again! New year, new thread and a lot of things to look forward to! This is arguably the biggest year for Blue Beetle of all time as the character will make his cinematic debut on August 18, 2023!! Can’t wait to see what else will come as a result of the film! There’s already a comic out now, heavily inspired by the film!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-01-2023 at 04:31 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

This could be the biggest year for Blue Beetle ever!

…unless the movie gets pushed back until 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

DEBUT: August 1939
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Mystery Men Comics #1
    CREATOR: Charles Nicholas
    ON-GOING SERIES: 73 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 1 #1-42 & #44-60
    Blue Beetle Vol 2 #18-21
    Blue Beetle Vol 3 #1-5
    Blue Beetle Vol 4 #50-54

DEBUT: November 1966
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Captain Atom #83
    CREATOR: Steve Ditko
    ON-GOING SERIES: 41 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 5 #1-5
    Blue Beetle Vol 6 #1-24
    Blue & Gold #1-12

DEBUT: February 2006
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Infinite Crisis #3
    CREATOR: Keith Giffen; John Rogers; Cully Hammer
    ON-GOING SERIES: 78 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 7 #1-36
    Blue Beetle Vol 8 #0-16
    Blue Beetle Vol 9 Rebirth-18
    Blue Beetle: Graduation Day 1-6

ORIGINAL THREAD
    2019 THREAD
    2020 THREAD
    2021 THREAD
    2022 THREAD

It’s that time of the year again! New year, new thread and a lot of things to look forward to! This is arguably the biggest year for Blue Beetle of all time as the character will make his cinematic debut on August 18, 2023!! Can’t wait to see what else will come as a result of the film! There’s already a comic out now, heavily inspired by the film!
    Did you put those collages together? If so, excellent job. I didn't remember Dan Garrett being in YJ.

Amazing Member

Oh wow so I guess after Graduation Day #3, Jaime will officially be the beetle that had the most on-going series?

2024 is year of the beetle! Hope to see all three get much deserved love.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

This would probably change tomorrow, but I voted for Jaime.
    Tomorrow it would be Ted.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Thunder View Post
    Did you put those collages together? If so, excellent job. I didn't remember Dan Garrett being in YJ.
    Yeah I put the collages together. Had to find good artwork, which was a bit hard to do for Dan Garrett. Jaime was the easiest.

And yeah Dan had a non speaking cameo when they discussed the Blue Beetle legacy with Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    Oh wow so I guess after Graduation Day #3, Jaime will officially be the beetle that had the most on-going series?

2024 is year of the beetle! Hope to see all three get much deserved love.
    Already happened with issue #2, that put Jaime at 74 issues, while Dan is at 73. At the conclusion of Graduation Day, the Blue Beetle legacy will be at 192 issues. Hopefully we get an ongoing soon to push them above 200
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-02-2023 at 04:38 AM.

Jaime was in Infinite Crisis. Of course I have to vote for him!

I'm hoping Dan pops up in the JSA book. I'm curious what Robinson's take on him on Earth 2 wouldve been. Jaime's new solo miniseries is decent. I'm hoping Ted pops up as his mentor in the movie.

Happy New Year to all Blue Beetles and their fans !

It's crazy to think that we got these amazing heroes from a character who was originally a total rip off of the Green Hornet. In his first appearance he wore a similar costume, pretended to be a villain to deceive criminals and even left a calling card just like the Green Hornet. They just changed the color and type of insect.

Fortunately, they decided to cash in on the superhero craze in 1939 (thanks to that one guy in the red cape) and revamped the concept.

Without this change Blue Beetle probably would have been a footnote and we wouldn't have gotten Ted and Jaime.

The character quickly became one of the most popular superheroes around. There was a “Blue Beetle Day” at the 1939 World’s Fair, he had a radio show, and a newspaper comic strip. Some of which was drawn by Jack Kirby!

So the Dan-Blue Beetle was on top of the world and a household name 80 years ago, hopefully Jaime can do it again in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It's crazy to think that we got these amazing heroes from a character who was originally a total rip off of the Green Hornet. In his first appearance he wore a similar costume, pretended to be a villain to deceive criminals and even left a calling card just like the Green Hornet. They just changed the color and type of insect.

Fortunately, they decided to cash in on the superhero craze in 1939 (thanks to that one guy in the red cape) and revamped the concept.

Without this change Blue Beetle probably would have been a footnote and we wouldn't have gotten Ted and Jaime.

The character quickly became one of the most popular superheroes around. There was a “Blue Beetle Day” at the 1939 World’s Fair, he had a radio show, and a newspaper comic strip. Some of which was drawn by Jack Kirby!

So the Dan-Blue Beetle was on top of the world and a household name 80 years ago, hopefully Jaime can do it again in 2023.
    That's neat .

I'm fine with Jaime getting more Reach Scarabs to fight but I hope they don't become stale like Speedsters or Symbiotes.

If we get a season 2 for the comic- I rather he get new villians disconnected from the Reach.

The Beetles so far! Only missing Red and Black lol Guess this is like the 3rd version of the green one haha

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fine with Jaime getting more Reach Scarabs to fight but I hope they don't become stale like Speedsters or Symbiotes.

If we get a season 2 for the comic- I rather he get new villians disconnected from the Reach.

I agree. It seems like so many heroes now have villains who are just palette swaps or have very slight differences. Also, I feel like we have already gone through this, too... although maybe I'm just thinking of the Young Justice show, which had two other Beetles, plus the Reach. Not to mention the comics already has Gold Beetle and Black Beetle (whose identity was FINALLY revealed just last year) both of him, if I'm being honest, are kind of odd because they have more in common and are more connected to Blue and Gold than they are to Jaime, who has all this outer space backstory. Adding another Yellow Beetle (not to be confused with Gold Beetle) and another Green Beetle (not to be confused with the one from the show) just seems tired.