View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

0 0%
  • Ted Kord

36 48.00%
  • Jaime Reyes

39 52.00%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This is actually looking quite promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Uh...that's not how most would put it .
    I think he meant the most recent mini which was actually pretty good. Not the Graduation Day that ended the original YJ run and didn't involve BB.

New image of Blue Beetle with his arm canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    New image of Blue Beetle with his arm canon!

Looks pretty awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think he meant the most recent mini which was actually pretty good. Not the Graduation Day that ended the original YJ run and didn't involve BB.
    Yeah. Didnt read the new one due to GD branding being terrible. Was Jaime's any good?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Yeah. Didnt read the new one due to GD branding being terrible. Was Jaime's any good?
    I really enjoyed it. Some aspects were obviously motivated by synergy, but I thought Jaime and his cast were handled pretty well and the creative team introduced several different concepts for the upcoming ongoing.
    It really feels like BB has a strong role and purpose again, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Oooohhh...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Blue Beetle Star Xolo Maridueña Is Gearing Up For Sequels And Crossover Movies: ‘We’re Ready For The Whole Nine’

Dating back to the 1930s, Blue Beetle is one of DC’s most venerable superheroes. But aside from a single episode of Smallville, he’s never made it to the screen in live action… until now. Cobra Kai's Xolo Maridueña stars as Jaime Reyes, a directionless college graduate who develops unpredictable powers after inadvertently bonding with the Scarab — an ancient relic of alien biotechnology — and being gifted with an incredible symbiotic suit of armour. The trailer, released in April, managed to simultaneously conjure vibes of Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Spy Kids franchise, and this first Blue Beetle movie may not be the last.

Blue Beetle, as a DC Movie Universe project, pre-dates the arrival of new head honchos James Gunn and Peter Safran at DC. But signs are that it’s being viewed as more than just a leftover from the previous Extended Universe. Originally intended for HBO Max, the film is now heading for cinemas, illustrating that the new suits have rather more faith in it than they did in the ill-fated Batgirl. And Xolo, as he tells Empire in our world-exclusive new Ahsoka issue, is certainly optimimistic that there’ll be room for him on Gunn and Safran’s new roster. “If we get one movie or a trilogy and fucking fold this into the Justice League ****, we’re ready for the whole nine,” he says. “For me and Angel [Manuel Soto, director] and the team, we kicked ass with this movie. It just depends on numbers.”

The film certainly deserves a wider audience, since, on the quiet, it’s already making history. As usual with superheroes, several characters have worn the Blue Beetle suit, but the Reyes iteration was DC’s first Latino hero – and being of Mexican, Cuban and Ecuadorian descent, Xolo is the DCEU’s first Latino lead. “The goal was to create a movie for a young me and a young Angel that said, ‘Hey, man, someone who looks like you or comes from a similar background can be a superhero,’” he says. “The second thing was to open more doors for people like us. As fun as it is to get into this superhero world where everything is [dialled up to] 110 per cent, [it’s] the characters… that I’ve [most] related to.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...clusive-image/

Blue Beetle's announcement+teaser: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtHYmiMPkD4/

I don’t know who Becky G is but hopefully she’ll bring in more fans.

I don’t know who Becky G is but hopefully she’ll bring in more fans.
    A very popular Latina singer among Gen Z and younger Millennials. I know her. Her most popular songs are probably Mayores, Sin Pijama, Cuando te Bese, Chicken Noodle Soup (K-pop), Shower, and recently she did a song with Peso Pluma. She has big, loyal fanbase for sure. Oh and if you ever watched Power Rangers (2017), she was the Yellow Ranger.

I would have cast her as Brenda though lol she has that sass that comic Brenda has
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

https://www.target.com/p/blue-beetle...44#lnk=sametab

Starting August 1, Target will begin selling Blue Beetle:Graduation Day! Also apparently Target and Walmart currently sell DC comics with exclusive mini figures, one of those comics is Blue Beetle (with a mini figure). I’m going to go check my local Target and see if they still have some

https://twitter.com/losthiskeysman/s...25283587690496
    Last edited by El_Gato; 06-06-2023 at 12:54 AM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Looking cool .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Blue Beetle Star Xolo Maridueña Is Gearing Up For Sequels And Crossover Movies: ‘We’re Ready For The Whole Nine’

Dating back to the 1930s, Blue Beetle is one of DC’s most venerable superheroes. But aside from a single episode of Smallville, he’s never made it to the screen in live action… until now. Cobra Kai's Xolo Maridueña stars as Jaime Reyes, a directionless college graduate who develops unpredictable powers after inadvertently bonding with the Scarab — an ancient relic of alien biotechnology — and being gifted with an incredible symbiotic suit of armour. The trailer, released in April, managed to simultaneously conjure vibes of Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Spy Kids franchise, and this first Blue Beetle movie may not be the last.

Blue Beetle, as a DC Movie Universe project, pre-dates the arrival of new head honchos James Gunn and Peter Safran at DC. But signs are that it’s being viewed as more than just a leftover from the previous Extended Universe. Originally intended for HBO Max, the film is now heading for cinemas, illustrating that the new suits have rather more faith in it than they did in the ill-fated Batgirl. And Xolo, as he tells Empire in our world-exclusive new Ahsoka issue, is certainly optimimistic that there’ll be room for him on Gunn and Safran’s new roster. “If we get one movie or a trilogy and fucking fold this into the Justice League ****, we’re ready for the whole nine,” he says. “For me and Angel [Manuel Soto, director] and the team, we kicked ass with this movie. It just depends on numbers.”

The film certainly deserves a wider audience, since, on the quiet, it’s already making history. As usual with superheroes, several characters have worn the Blue Beetle suit, but the Reyes iteration was DC’s first Latino hero – and being of Mexican, Cuban and Ecuadorian descent, Xolo is the DCEU’s first Latino lead. “The goal was to create a movie for a young me and a young Angel that said, ‘Hey, man, someone who looks like you or comes from a similar background can be a superhero,’” he says. “The second thing was to open more doors for people like us. As fun as it is to get into this superhero world where everything is [dialled up to] 110 per cent, [it’s] the characters… that I’ve [most] related to.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...clusive-image/
    And that’s the thing that’s really concerning. The Blue Beetle movie has a massive uphill battle.

This movie is coming out at a really bad time as people seemingly hate all things DC at the moment. The average moviegoer doesn’t trust the brand because of their string of flops and the impending reboot has angered a big chunk of the actual DC fanbase and created apathy in others because “nothing matters”. Then of course there’s racist pricks who won’t give the movie a chance because it’s “woke” (which just means it has POCs in the cast).

I’m still super excited to see it but I’m not confident about its chances of being profitable.

And that’s the thing that’s really concerning. The Blue Beetle movie has a massive uphill battle.

This movie is coming out at a really bad time as people seemingly hate all things DC at the moment. The average moviegoer doesn’t trust the brand because of their string of flops and the impending reboot has angered a big chunk of the actual DC fanbase and created apathy in others because “nothing matters”. Then of course there’s racist pricks who won’t give the movie a chance because it’s “woke” (which just means it has POCs in the cast).

I’m still super excited to see it but I’m not confident about its chances of being profitable.
    I think it'll be successful, the "small" budget is going to help to make profit and not being a flop.