View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

0 0%
  • Ted Kord

36 48.00%
  • Jaime Reyes

39 52.00%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I've never had a superhero film actually get me excited about a character like Blue Beetle did. As soon as credits were rolling I was purchasing Jaime Reyes Vol 1 off of Amazon. I've almost finished! What other runs of the character should I check out?

I've got some pretty good Ted Kord recommendations as well.
    Graduation Day mini was solid
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I've never had a superhero film actually get me excited about a character like Blue Beetle did. As soon as credits were rolling I was purchasing Jaime Reyes Vol 1 off of Amazon. I've almost finished! What other runs of the character should I check out?

I've got some pretty good Ted Kord recommendations as well.
    There’s obviously volume 2 of Giffen/Rogers’ amazing run.

Graduation Day has a similar vibe to the original series so you may like that one.

The New 52 series was pretty terrible but it had a few ok moments. Making the scarab have a connection to Mesoamerican culture and the villain that sprung from that new origin was kinda cool.

Justice League: Generation Lost was pretty good. Jaime had a sizable role in that story.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Go back and read the CHARLTON Blue Beetle issues and see the transition from Dan Garrett to Ted Kord.

OldNewBlueBeetle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Go back and read the CHARLTON Blue Beetle issues and see the transition from Dan Garrett to Ted Kord.

OldNewBlueBeetle.jpg
    Is there a collection of the Ditko era Blue Beetle?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s a lot of Easter eggs in Blue Beetle but it seem like a lot of people missed a big one. Just curious how many who watched it picked up on a the rather major plot point that was extremely don’t blink or you’ll miss it.

In the opening sequence as the scarabs are flying through space (multi-colored scarabs. nice!) Khaji Da gets hit with a green bean of light. Soto confirmed that that was indeed a Green Lantern trying to stop it. Which I’m guessing is the reason why the scarab malfunctioned.

“At the beginning of the title sequence, for those of you guys that follow the Blue Beetle comics, there's a green light that hits this character, and that's a Green Lantern. If you didn’t catch it, watch it again. Also, on the bug layer, and you see it also at the end, there's a stack of Oreos, and who likes to eat Oreos?”

Hey, J’onn eats Chocos. Get it right Soto!
    I noticed the green light but didn't make the connection with GL. Nice Easter-egg.

Anyone think the 3rd mannequin in Ted Kord's lair was meant for Booster Gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I noticed the green light but didn't make the connection with GL. Nice Easter-egg.

Anyone think the 3rd mannequin in Ted Kord's lair was meant for Booster Gold?
    I think it was more about Ted planning for the next person to take over the Blue Beetle mantle. Dan was his mentor and taking over the role meant a lot to him. So Ted may have been waiting to find the right person to eventually take over for him someday. He wanted to make sure the Blue Beetle legacy lived on.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-25-2023 at 02:48 PM.

I’m going to go see Blue Beetle again this weekend and it seems to be selling well around me! Hoping for a good weekend drop!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

As predicted, NCD is helping Blue Beetle a lot this weekend! A 49% drop is really good and there’s a chance it’ll be lower if walkups are really strong today!

Apparently both Barbie and Blue Beetle have sold 750K tickets in presales for today! Walkups should be very strong

EDITORIAL Rounding Up the Easter Eggs in Blue Beetle

I think it was more about Ted planning for the next person to take over the Blue Beetle mantle. Dan was his mentor and taking over the role meant a lot to him. So Ted may have been waiting to find the right person to eventually take over for him someday. He wanted to make sure the Blue Beetle legacy lived on.
    It could be. I thought of Booster Gold because the director teased him having adventures with Ted and being potentially involved in his disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    As predicted, NCD is helping Blue Beetle a lot this weekend! A 49% drop is really good and there’s a chance it’ll be lower if walkups are really strong today!

Apparently both Barbie and Blue Beetle have sold 750K tickets in presales for today! Walkups should be very strong
    That's good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Great to hear!

There’s a massive amount of people going to watch movies today.

Some reports are saying that more people will buy tickets for Blue Beetle today than on the Saturday of its opening weekend. Expected to be over 500k admissions.

It’s not going to catch The Flash’s domestic box office but I hope it passes Shazam: Fury of the gods.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-27-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Updated Hispanic Heritage Month covers! Hawkgirl and Renee Montoya added

Great to hear!

There’s a massive amount of people going to watch movies today.

Some reports are saying that more people will buy tickets for Blue Beetle today than on the Saturday of its opening weekend. Expected to be over 500k admissions.

It’s not going to catch The Flash’s domestic box office but I hope it passes Shazam: Fury of the gods.
    It’s sold out I my area! Even the big screens are, walkups have been strong. Hopefully this helps word of mouth now that more people have seen it! Also passing Shazam 2 is lock, same with TSS and WW84
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-27-2023 at 04:59 PM.

NCD numbers:

"#BlueBeetle actuals came 580k lower,
    12.2M 2nd weekend & -51.1% drop, #4 best hold in DCEU’s history at US #BoxOffice
    #4 lowest 2nd weekend of DCEU
    Beats #Barbie as biggest SUN boost of #NationalCinemaDay: +31.5% vs +6%
    45.7M US cume.
    Eyeing a 75M-90M US run"

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...83455246123132

"With actuals out, #BlueBeetle was the first choice of #NationalCinemaDay 2023 at US #BoxOffice’s Top5, jumping +31.5% on SUN from SAT.
    #GranTurismo was #2 with a +13.7% SUN boost

SUN was the biggest day in admissions for both films (even beating FRI Op Days including previews!)"

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...91118516330888
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Finally saw the film and I thought it was ok, I liked Jamie and the supporting cast but I really didn't care for either of the villains. They didn't really leave an impact on me, Victoria deserved whatever she got but I feel like they could've done better with the both.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

There’s obviously volume 2 of Giffen/Rogers’ amazing run.

Graduation Day has a similar vibe to the original series so you may like that one.

The New 52 series was pretty terrible but it had a few ok moments. Making the scarab have a connection to Mesoamerican culture and the villain that sprung from that new origin was kinda cool.

Justice League: Generation Lost was pretty good. Jaime had a sizable role in that story.
    What was "terrible" about the New 52 series?

I suggest new fans should check it out and make their own judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What was "terrible" about the New 52 series?

I suggest new fans should check it out and make their own judgement.
    To be fair, I avoid the New 52 like the plague as it largely killed my love for DC as a whole. I was not happy about it from the announcement but I gave it a shot and hated most everything with the exception of Aquaman and Shazam.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!