View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

0 0%
  • Ted Kord

36 48.00%
  • Jaime Reyes

39 52.00%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This. I wouldn't expect an impressive box office or anything, but I feel like Beetle can still squeeze out a respectable profit (factoring in all the variables it has going against it). I'm not much for social media these days, but if the fans are stepping up and pushing this then it might do surprisingly well (for the times we're in). I spent a whole semester studying online word of mouth marketing, it's hands down the best advertisement option out there and can have a big impact. This being the first Latino superhero lead definitely helps too.

Again, I think the most important elements right now are the reviews and reception. Given DC's reputation and the problems in the theater industry this movie isn't gonna make a ton of cash. But it can still do a lot to repair DC's brand if it's actually good, regardless of what the box office does. Honestly the fans stepping up and doing the advertising for WB is a great sign; this movie has some goodwill and headwind that we never saw with Flash, Black Adam, or Shazam 2.
    It is great to see the online community really get behind this movie #Blue Beetle Battalion . It’s gonna need it as promotion from WB has been pretty bad and the writers and actors strike stops the actors from promoting the flick.

Im not expecting a masterpiece but I hope it’s an enjoyable flick. It reeeeally needs critics to give it a pass because with so much going against the film bad buzz would be the final nail.

It worries me that they’re showing so much of the plot and action scenes in the trailers. That’s not usually a good sign. Hell, we’ve seen a bunch of the final boss fight already.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Target has some Blue Beetle merchandise lol I saw some pj’s and sweater! I’m going to spend all my expendable income on Blue Beetle
    That’s super cool! Never thought I’d see the day where Target has Blue Beetle merch.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New clip confirming Conrad Carapax is called OMAC in the BB film: https://twitter.com/bluebeetle/statu...91142011875328

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The physical villain is a mix of 2 characters from the comics: Carapax and O.M.A.C. Victoria Kord has a henchman with a cybernetic arm, he has a tech armor like Carapax but it's called O.M.A.C. in the film, lol.

The cybernetic arm was noticeable in the latest trailer.

New clip confirming Conrad Carapax is called OMAC in the BB film: https://twitter.com/bluebeetle/statu...91142011875328

The cybernetic arm was noticeable in the latest trailer.
    I guess it kind of looks like the blue OMAC...but I miss the mohawk.

Speaking of OMAC... it's relevant to how the Harvey Guillén character fits in the story. For those who wanted to know who is playing... spoilers:
    Guillén is Dr. Sanchez, a scientist working on the OMAC project for Victoria Kord.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it kind of looks like the blue OMAC...but I miss the mohawk.
    It's OMAC just in name. The design is the same of The Indestructible Man from the comics. On the merch for the film, it's called only Carapax.

Blue Beetle Toyota commercial

Man, a Volkswagen tie in would have been perfect.

Read Graduation Day. Got a lot of Rogers feelings reading this one, which means I enyojed it to hell. Now hyped over the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Read Graduation Day. Got a lot of Rogers feelings reading this one, which means I enyojed it to hell. Now hyped over the new series.

They all have such unique designs and I love it! Red looks amazing with the cape he has! I’m curious when we’ll see Black Beetle again
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Zack Snyder has joined the #BlueBeetleBattalion and shares a new poster to promote the film:

"Looking forward to taking my kids to see Blue Beetle. #RepresentationMatters #BlueBeetle"

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...79745617539074

That’s cool of him to show support for the movie. Though his cult members are probably losing their minds.

“What?!? But, but supposed to…hate. James Gunn is…devil. No Snyder equals evil…(sputter)” *Head explodes

Extraordinary Member

Zack Snyder has joined the #BlueBeetleBattalion and shares a new poster to promote the film:

"Looking forward to taking my kids to see Blue Beetle. #RepresentationMatters #BlueBeetle"

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...79745617539074
    I thought the Barbie shout out hurt lmao

Last edited by El_Gato; 08-01-2023 at 07:53 PM.

This looks like a fun movie with heart.

We’ll be getting Blue Beetle social media reactions in a few hours! What do y’all expect the consensus to be? I’ve seen reviews from 3 different fans (two on Reddit, one on BOT) and Two were positive while the other was mixed (praised Xolo/family cast but said 3rd act was meh).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    We’ll be getting Blue Beetle social media reactions in a few hours! What do y’all expect the consensus to be? I’ve seen reviews from 3 different fans (two on Reddit, one on BOT) and Two were positive while the other was mixed (praised Xolo/family cast but said 3rd act was meh).
    3rd acts are always meh in most superhero movies. I think the reactions will be positive, especially from Latinx.