View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

0 0%
  • Ted Kord

36 48.00%
  • Jaime Reyes

39 52.00%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Just finished watching the movie; part of the problems I have in getting into the blue beetle as a character is the cosmic aspect of it. The fact that the scarab is supposedly a weapon of destruction created by the reach. The movie made me feel better about that, especially when it told Jaime that they aren't killers. Even having compassion for your enemies was a step up. I'm sure the sequel will delve into the reach, but I liked this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Just finished watching the movie; part of the problems I have in getting into the blue beetle as a character is the cosmic aspect of it. The fact that the scarab is supposedly a weapon of destruction created by the reach. The movie made me feel better about that, especially when it told Jaime that they aren't killers. Even having compassion for your enemies was a step up. I'm sure the sequel will delve into the reach, but I liked this movie.
    Glad you liked the movie. It was the first good DC flick in a while (not counting Joker and The Batman).

There’s a ton of story potential as they haven’t even touched upon The Reach mythology. Unfortunately with it’s pretty terrible box office there definitely won’t be a sequel.

At least Blue Beetle-Jaime is confirmed to be a part of Gunn’s DCU.

Maybe they could do a Reach invasion storyline for a team up movie featuring Booster, Ted, and Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Glad you liked the movie. It was the first good DC flick in a while (not counting Joker and The Batman).

There’s a ton of story potential as they haven’t even touched upon The Reach mythology. Unfortunately with it’s pretty terrible box office there definitely won’t be a sequel.

At least Blue Beetle-Jaime is confirmed to be a part of Gunn’s DCU.

Maybe they could do a Reach invasion storyline for a team up movie featuring Booster, Ted, and Jaime.
    what’ll they call it- the beetles?🤓

As someone who ended up loving Jaime and the concept of Blue Beetle after Young Justice and Brave and the Bold, I ended up loving his first comics run a ton! All the drama with his disappearance, Peacemaker as his sort-of mentor, his relationship with Traci where she was a lot of fun, connections to the past two Beetles, his family and Paco+Brenda, certain serious moments like when some died due to the typhoon villain or when he confronted Luis due to what happened to his father, his bonding with Khaji Da, etc. I was engaged the whole way through! I think the only thing I ever truly disliked was how rushed and out-of-nowhere Nadia's death and Hector's conflict happened in the last issue, completely unnecesary imo.

Anyways, came to say I liked the movie a lot as well, it was a good decision to focus on its family themes (I do wish we still got Paco and Brenda tho) and it had a good respect for the BB legacy, sad to see it didn't do super hot. And looking forward to the current comic as well, I doubt Jaime and Traci will get back together as much as I loved their relationshp but hopefully we get some fun interactions and things end well for both of 'em.

Extraordinary Member

it was fun having traci around

Kinda sucks that their breakup is played for comedy. Is Traci a lesbian now or bi? Was that why she and Jaime broke up? Was kinda hoping they’d at least give an explanation. Oh well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda sucks that their breakup is played for comedy. Is Traci a lesbian now or bi? Was that why she and Jaime broke up? Was kinda hoping they’d at least give an explanation. Oh well.
    I've been wondering the same.

Extraordinary Member

I think she is still with Natasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think she is still with Natasha,
    I don't think it's come up since the Superwoman run.

My favorite issue so far. It was so cool seeing Traci and the Oblivion Bar again! I’m also enjoying that the Blood Scarab is connected to Dan Garrett’s origin.
    This issue made me wish we had a Shadowpact book again so bad.

I get the feeling Trujillo is setting up a possible reconnection. It doesn’t seem like Traci’s role is over. Next issue is called Date Night, after all.

November 17th is Blue Beetle’s streaming premiere date on Max.

Xolo finally getting to promote the flick now that the strike has ended. I feel bad for the kid since he didn’t really get to enjoy his very first starting movie role.

https://remezcla.com/film/xolo-marid...-sagaftra/?amp

“Blue Beetle is sacred to me,” Maridueña said, “from the family you see on screen to the ones I made off, this movie has tore me down and built me back up in ways I’ll never be able to articulate,” Maridueña said, to a carousel that features pictures of him with the rest of the cast, in Blue Beetle costume and out of it.

“there is no dollar sign, no tweet, no headline, that can quantify the feeling inside a child who sees their ancestry is heroic.”

Blue Beetle was the top streaming movie in the US last week.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193000871.html

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Blue Beetle was the top streaming movie in the US last week.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193000871.html
    That’s good to see! Shows there is definitely interest in the character! Thankfully he’s sticking around in the DCU
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!