View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

0 0%
  • Ted Kord

36 48.00%
  • Jaime Reyes

39 52.00%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I like how the mask is still expressive.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

I’m loving all the posters for this film!!
    Haha that’s awesome! They are killing it with the posters.

I’m on the DC mailing list and they sent out an announcement about the official Blue Beetle movie shirt. Instantly bought one!

https://shop.dc.com/product/stacked-...drp1hero1_hero

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like how the mask is still expressive.
    They probably saved a lot of money by just animating the eyes and not doing the full mouth. Deadpool, Spider-Man, and others have showen that the superhero mask doesn’t need the mouth to move since the eyes convey a lot of emotions.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-04-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They probably saved a lot of my by just animating the eyes and not doing the full mouth. Deadpool, Spider-Man, and others have showen that the superhero mask doesn’t need the mouth to movie since the eyes convey a lot of emotions.
    You can still see the mask move when his mouth does, which I think is a nice detail.

Imagine if this is better than Spider Verse.

Well, the trailer has me intrigued and i do hope this succeeds just because it looks like Xolo put in the work for this. Although i don't get why some people are losing their minds over the Batman joke at the end, i really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well, the trailer has me intrigued and i do hope this succeeds just because it looks like Xolo put in the work for this. Although i don't get why some people are losing their minds over the Batman joke at the end, i really don't.
    It’s social media. People need something to be outraged by or they can’t go on with their day.

The joke and George Lopez’ delivery cracked me up.

Look at his character. The long hair and beard and the black nail polish. Uncle Rudy is definitely the “crazy uncle” type character who would say some shit like that.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-04-2023 at 08:43 PM.

It’s social media. People need something to be outraged by or they can’t go on with their day.

The joke and George Lopez’ delivery cracked me up.

Look at his character. The long hair and beard and the black nail polish. Uncle Rudy is definitely the “crazy uncle” type character who would say some shit like that.
    I could see that being the case with the exception of what appears to be a moment where he imparts some wisdom on Jaime and what to do now that he has the Scarab.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I could see that being the case with the exception of what appears to be a moment where he imparts some wisdom on Jaime and what to do now that he has the Scarab.
    He can be the “crazy uncle” and still impart some wisdom. Just being eccentric doesn’t mean he’s an irrational loon.

In a perfect world William Zabka, Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai, would play Guy Gardner to Xolo’s Jaime.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-05-2023 at 12:45 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks really cool and fun!

It's weird seeing George Lopez with so much hair and mentoring a DC Superhero.

The suit looks awesome. I like how even though he doesn't have a mouth you can clearly see when his mouth is moving.

That bus scene looked like they ripped it from Shang-Chi.

So that burly dude is OMAC? I think I saw he has a bit of a mohawk going on.

It's surreal hearing the Scarab with a pleasant female voice.

The Bug! The Beetle Cave! That anime sword!
    The bus scene looks more ripped from Dr.Strange 2: MOM when Strange split a bus into 2.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

In a perfect world William Zabka, Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai, would play Guy Gardner to Xolo’s Jaime.
    That's just way too perfect to actually happen.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I picked up the latest issue: blue beetle has always been a hard series to get into, because of Jamie's family life, and the fact that the scarab is a piece of space tech. Not interested in cosmic stuff. Glad to see the scarab has learned to work with Jamie instead of trying to take him over. If there's another series, I hope Jaime picks a future path and sticks to it. Finally, black condor. Nice to see him again, something needs to be done with him.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/25/da...c-blue-beetle/

Jaime is getting anything ongoing and I’m so happy! Also seems like he’s out of high school and this series should be a bit different than the others! Can’t wait! Curious if it’ll finally get Jaime to the 100 solo issues mark! Currently he’s at 78
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Jaime is getting anything ongoing and I’m so happy! Also seems like he’s out of high school and this series should be a bit different than the others! Can’t wait! Curious if it’ll finally get Jaime to the 100 solo issues mark! Currently he’s at 78
    Hells yes! I was seriously starting to think DC would have no plans for Jaime after the mini series despite him having a movie this year.

I loved Graduation Day so I’m so damn happy that Josh Trujillo and Gutierrez are coming back for the ongoing!

I'm glad that Jaime's making a comeback, and it's good to have it out so soon after the movie comes out. Hopefully that all goes well.

I also hope the series finds its footing... I didn't think that "Graduation Day" was anything spectacular, so I hope this series works out!