Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do people feel about him currently being back in his 90s costume?

Attachment 133180
    I'd rather see him go back to his red Marvel Now look or an updated version with his hair showing under the hands of a writer who really likes him.

I was thinking... I'd like to see a story where Cyclops is trying to win Emma back(Something like Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit). I'm tired of the writers making Scott look cold and dim-witted with her. He doesn't seem happy about her marriage to Tony lol. Imagine a story where Scott is realizing that he really loves Emma now that she's marrying someone else and he's starting to work hard to win her back. I still feel Scott should thank Emma for everything she did for him in Death of X.

Oh, and a well-written divorce with Jean, please. Not to give the impression that he's only with Emma because Jean is gone.

Fantastic Member

I'd rather not see Scott in another romantic storyline again thx. Would like to see him as an actual competent leader by doing more than letting others lead. Don't think it's his romance with Jean that hinders that. And doing another story with him going back to another ex? Nah, just work on the other stuff and let him and Jean's marriage just be.

Them being married imo isn't the problem with him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    I'd rather not see Scott in another romantic storyline again thx. Would like to see him as an actual competent leader by doing more than letting others lead. Don't think it's his romance with Jean that hinders that. And doing another story with him going back to another ex? Nah, just work on the other stuff and let him and Jean's marriage just be.

IA. Im fine with the marriage but I think whatever is next for both, they shouldnt be on the same team. Even though they were labeled as co-leaders of X-men, it was Jean' team. She called most of the shots and when they ran into conflict, she overruled him. He was more of a deputy leader. He needs to be somewhere where he is the undisputed leader and allowed to truly be in his element. Its weird to have him as second in command but effectively thats what he was here

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. Im fine with the marriage but I think whatever is next for both, they shouldnt be on the same team. Even though they were labeled as co-leaders of X-men, it was Jean' team. She called most of the shots and when they ran into conflict, she overruled him. He was more of a deputy leader. He needs to be somewhere where he is the undisputed leader and allowed to truly be in his element. Its weird to have him as second in command but effectively thats what he was here
    The only way I can see Scott as a second-in-command would be a longer term version of what he was doing with Firestar - he's having her make the decisions and he's still there to prevent her from being the new minted "Butterbar with a map". Training the leaders of tomorrow.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Scott and Jean being on the same team isn't the issue. It's the bully/victim-whenever-I-don't-immediately-get-what-I-want attitude that's being slapped on certain characters that's the problem. It destroys any pretense of balance and pretty much invalidates any kind of conflict-driven narrative.

I prefer Scemma's dynamic. Jott is just boring to me. Scott's best years were spent with Emma.

Jean must go in an independent direction. It's what the writers and fans want for her.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    I prefer Scemma's dynamic. Jott is just boring to me. Scott's best years were spent with Emma.

Jean must go in an independent direction. It's what the writers and fans want for her.
    Emma also needs to go in an independent direction. That’s why krakoa era has been her best era since dark xmen

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Emma also needs to go in an independent direction. That’s why krakoa era has been her best era since dark xmen
    The dynamics of both couples are different. When Emma is with Scott, the two manage to shine together.

Fantastic Member

The dynamics of both couples are different. When Emma is with Scott, the two manage to shine together.
    That's not entirely true at all. When it started? Yes very much so, but eventually she became his sidekick. Em and Scott will always hold a special place in my heart, but imo, I feel like you could make Scott and Jean a great power couple just as much as Scemma, just depends on how they are written, but seriously Scott's romance storylines should just stay gone for a long time, and just let him be written as a good leader and teammate, and let the good husband/boyfriend stuff just sorta find it's way in.

Not really. Even during schism Emma wanted to join wolverine’s side because his vision was better for her but she decided to stay with Scott.

That's not entirely true at all. When it started? Yes very much so, but eventually she became his sidekick. Em and Scott will always hold a special place in my heart, but imo, I feel like you could make Scott and Jean a great power couple just as much as Scemma, just depends on how they are written, but seriously Scott's romance storylines should just stay gone for a long time, and just let him be written as a good leader and teammate, and let the good husband/boyfriend stuff just sorta find it's way in.
    Whether or not two characters are written as equals or one seems subservient to the story needs of the other is a question of the writers, not the characters themselves. If DC can have Batman and Superman share panel space as equals, Marvel should be able to do the same with Scott and Jean.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Honestly, Scott doesn't have much luck when it comes to quality writing in his romantic relationships. If Scott were to be paired up with Emma, I don't see it really fairing any better than the current Scott and Jean situation. I'm pretty sure the current X-office isn't too fond of Emma/Scott either, so I can only imagine it might end up worse. Heck, the interactions they have had recently haven't been great.

More time spent on leadership and character development feels much more desirable at this point. If there is to be a relationship, for the time being, the less the better at this point. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Stay on Earth and fight to the bitter end Bad, running away and virtue signaling on Arrako Good?

The really, really funny part is that Jean's upcoming book will totally establish that they were even nuttier in Moira's previous lives.

Speaking of which, my money's still on Scott being the big early fakeout death from Fall of X, showing up with the cavalry/reserves in the final act and somehow hurting Jean's feelings in a totally not transparent tactic to establish him as her book's absentee antagonist.
    Those seem like plausible explanations for their pov's, somewhat. That being said, I have no idea how their argument got to that type of discussion. It feels like we missed an arc.

As for Scott's future, at this point, I'm expecting the worse. That should ease any disappointment.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-11-2023 at 08:39 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

just let him be written as a good leader and teammate, and let the good husband/boyfriend stuff just sorta find it's way in.
    He can still be an excellent leader and a good boyfriend/husband at the same time. Scott just needs writers who are interested in him.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-11-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

He can still be an excellent leader and a good boyfriend/husband at the same time. Scott just needs writers who are interested in him.
    Sadly, I don't think the problem of interest will be solved any time soon.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia