Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Duggan really likes Scott.
    Duggan definitely doesn't like Cyclops. He's a liar, and probably didn't read any races before he wrote it. This is noticeable by looking at his writing in Cable's book.

In the Utopia era, Cyclops would quickly make a plan to save Nathan and the krakoans.

In Duggan's writing, Scott whines as if he isn't used to these problems or isn't the war captain, he needs Jean Grey's help to do something, and has remained so in his X-Men run. We were lucky that the ending of X of Swords was written by Hickman, otherwise Duggan would have made Jean run the whole show herself.
    Last edited by R+R; 08-02-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post

In the Utopia era, Cyclops would quickly make a plan to save Nathan and the Krakoans.

In Duggan's writing, Scott whines as if he isn't used to these problems or isn't the war captain, he needs Jean Grey's help to do something, and has remained so in his X-Men run. We were lucky that the ending of X of Swords was written by Hickman, otherwise Duggan would have made Jean run the whole show herself.
    Thanks for reminding me of better books and characterization.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of better books and characterization.
    I'm always here

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I don't want to imagine how he would write it if he didn't like it.
    Writers write characters they don't like all the time, sometimes because they are forced, sometimes because the story requires, sometimes because they want to humiliate those characters out of pettyness.

"Plan B implies we only have 26..."

That is just a badass quote by a leader only matched by Captain America.

For as middling as Krakoa has been for Cyke, it's ironic to me that his Krakoa costume just might be.... the best costume he's ever had (IMO). Cool black costumes can be overdone, so I can see that as a mark against it though. Black, blue and silver. It's a nice color scheme.
    Cyclops Black and Blue Costume 1.jpg

A funny video, but still, it says a lot about how Marvel sees Jott. That's why I prefer Scemma.
    Well said. It's one reason I prefer Scemma but I need to abandon hope for a return to that for a while with Tony and Emma's thing going on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Writers write characters they don't like all the time, sometimes because they are forced, sometimes because the story requires, sometimes because they want to humiliate those characters out of pettyness.
    Cyclops has all three options you mention right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Well said. It's one reason I prefer Scemma but I need to abandon hope for a return to that for a while with Tony and Emma's thing going on.
    Exactly. If the writers want Scott to get back together with Emma someday, I hope they make a good development for it and stop making Scott so cold with her, like Kelly Thompson did in Rogue & Gambit and not how they made the polyamorous relationship happen without explanation and never have a detailed conversation about it.

In the Utopia era, Cyclops would quickly make a plan to save Nathan and the krakoans.

Was this from X of Swords?

Was this from X of Swords?
    Yes. Cable (2020) #6 written by Duggan which is part of X of Swords event.

Mighty Member

I'm starting to wonder if Duggan really likes Scott.
    I actually have a predictor whether Cyke would be depicted well or not.

If a writer / editor goes out of their way to say "I like Cyke" or "Cyke's my favorite character", high chance Cyke's not gonna be depicted in any favorable light. It's been pretty much true, more often than not, especially post-AvX. Doubly so with JDW at the helm.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    For as middling as Krakoa has been for Cyke, it's ironic to me that his Krakoa costume just might be.... the best costume he's ever had (IMO). Cool black costumes can be overdone, so I can see that as a mark against it though. Black, blue and silver. It's a nice color scheme.
    Cyclops Black and Blue Costume 1.jpg
    That costume is actually just the Bendis era one recoloured from red to blue, and with a new mask and visor instead of his X cowl. And to be honest, those and his 90s one are his only decent costumes (as an adult, the time displaced version had three distinct looks). Most of the others are just blue spandex with yellow boots, gloves and underpants (the other ones that looked different to that being his X-Factor and New X-Men costumes).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-03-2023 at 04:16 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That costume is actually just the Bendis era one recoloured from red to blue, and with a new mask and visor instead of his X cowl. And to be honest, those and his 90s one are his only decent costumes (as an adult, the time displaced version had three distinct looks). Most of the others are just blue spandex with yellow boots, gloves and underpants (the other ones that looked different to that being his X-Factor and New X-Men costumes).
    I did like his minimalist Astonishing costume personally. It looked like a perfect update for his Claremont era suit.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I did like his minimalist Astonishing costume personally. It looked like a perfect update for his Claremont era suit.
    I feel the exact way. I'm very fond of the Astonishing costume but I do see what that user was getting at as well.