Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

His current role might be extremely underwhelming but at least there's always good art of him around regularly.

Super cute commission by Dan Hipp

FxYz3ihakAAZwWU.jpg

and another one by Benjamin Filby

FwhrXU3WAAMkt6M.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but I can't believe no one's joked about Duggan being the new Lemire. You just know the Hunt for Captain Krakoa will end up with someone saying something to the effect of 'This is for Cyclops!'
    Duggan has actually been a good writer on his X-men book whereas Lemire's run was dreadful with no redeeming aspects

we shall forever disagree Havok.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Been a crappy week here. Lost one of my cats to FIP (a crappy way to go, watching her degrade daily until she could barely walk, and that a stumbling, drunken one for about a meter before she needed rest), and tomorrow morning I'm on the road again. Hopefully I can start posting again after this trip.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Been a crappy week here. Lost one of my cats to FIP (a crappy way to go, watching her degrade daily until she could barely walk, and that a stumbling, drunken one for about a meter before she needed rest), and tomorrow morning I'm on the road again. Hopefully I can start posting again after this trip.
    I'm really sorry, a few months ago my cat died, she was very old but it was hard to see her suffer. I hope you recover as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I'm really sorry, a few months ago my cat died, she was very old but it was hard to see her suffer. I hope you recover as soon as possible.
    It would be easier if she was old, but FIP mostly hits the young. Ours was 13 1/2 months old, and FIP typically hits between 1-2 years, if it does. 50-90% of cats are carriers (shelters run higher) but very few develop symptoms. Once they do, the remaining time is measured is weeks, and that's if the owner and vet pick up the symptoms quickly - the first ones with Freya were missed due to other issues (bullying for dominance by her littermate) and it was the second vet visit that diagnosed her, she lasted a week after we got the news.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

It would be easier if she was old, but FIP mostly hits the young. Ours was 13 1/2 months old, and FIP typically hits between 1-2 years, if it does. 50-90% of cats are carriers (shelters run higher) but very few develop symptoms. Once they do, the remaining time is measured is weeks, and that's if the owner and vet pick up the symptoms quickly - the first ones with Freya were missed due to other issues (bullying for dominance by her littermate) and it was the second vet visit that diagnosed her, she lasted a week after we got the news.
    If you allow me to give you a little message, from experience, try not to torture yourself by thinking about things that were out of your control, although for a short time Freya found a good home and an incredible family. That is the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    If you allow me to give you a little message, from experience, try not to torture yourself by thinking about things that were out of your control, although for a short time Freya found a good home and an incredible family. That is the most important.
    Thanks. Yesterday was her final day, so it's always hardest then. Although I tend to take comfort in the words of Marcus Cole...."Wouldn't it be worse if the universe actually WAS fair? And everything bad that happens to us and those we love is because we deserved it? So I have learned to take comfort in the general hostility of the Universe."
    Dark does not mean deep.

To those wary and weary Scott fans: Appearances are deceiving.

I'll leave you with this question: Did we actually see Scott die in the FCBD X-Men/Avengers issue...?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I'll leave you with this question: Did we actually see Scott die in the FCBD X-Men/Avengers issue...?
    After seeing what happened in Green, I think Marvel needs a moratorium on killing Scott. Until everyone else on the team has died at least once, and killing the whole team at once plus Scott doesn't count.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

After seeing what happened in Green, I think Marvel needs a moratorium on killing Scott. Until everyone else on the team has died at least once, and killing the whole team at once plus Scott doesn't count.
    He's definitely the guy to kill lately.

That reminds me, I need to catch up on your story.

Considering my biggest worry is over his current writing and direction, this really doesn't make me feel any better unfortunately.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-06-2023 at 09:40 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

You might be getting your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Considering my biggest worry is over his current writing and direction, this really doesn't make me feel any better unfortunately.
    Cheer up. As you should know by now, I harbor neither pessimism, cynicism, nor grudges. This is supposed to be a fun hobby in which you embrace everything about the characters you love and despise. Just embrace it all and remain confident in knowing that whatever happens to your favorite character will only make them more interesting and complex in the long run.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Cheer up. As you should know by now, I harbor neither pessimism, cynicism, nor grudges. This is supposed to be a fun hobby in which you embrace everything about the characters you love and despise. Just embrace it all and remain confident in knowing that whatever happens to your favorite character will only make them more interesting and complex in the long run.
    I appreciate the positivity. I'll be sure not to let it ruin my day, but I don't know about embracing everything. If it turns out bad, at worst, I'll acknowledge it and give it some side eye from across the room before taking a small vacation.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-06-2023 at 10:08 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I appreciate the positivity. I'll be sure not to let it ruin my day, but I don't know about embracing everything. If it turns out bad, at worst, I'll acknowledge it and give it some side eye from across the room before taking a small vacation.
    Haha. That's understandable. Or, you can chalk it up to the vagaries and vicissitudes of life and living beings, who are changeable and unpredictable. There's is something delightful about that. That's the perspective I always take. I find it allows me to enjoy the stories better if I chalk up any changes or inconsistencies to characters' mysterious inner lives than to the ineptitude of writers. One forces you to use your imagination and think of the possibilities, while the other leaves you with nothing but bad energy to project onto people who are just trying to do what they love—i.e., write—how they know best.

Fantastic Member

I think the worse for me in the nonexistance he's been in. He has a title yes as a co leader but nothing about his character feels like anything more than superficial in the last two years. If I'm being honest he feels like he did in the movies, where he's there because he's supposed to be important or rather the viewer is supposed to know he's important. Basically he's felt like a plot device.